• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. Premium audio from base audio head unit identification?

Hi guys. I am one for factory parts only and would like some information on how to tell the base head unit from a premium head unit in the Ranger applications mainly 1998-2003. I have found the Explorer identification numbers for those head units but can not tell which is which on the Rangers...
  2. 4R44E Valve bodies the same?

Looking to see if the Valve bodies and solenoids attached are the same throughout the 4R44E transmission production lifetime. I have the hard 1-2 shift in my 1998 2.5L 4R44E and want to swap valve bodies from a 1996 3.0L 4R44E I have sitting around for parts. thank you for any help.
  3. Live axle in 2000?

I am in the market for a 2000 4x4 Ranger 4.0L with the live axle. Was there a certain date in which they switched over? I cant find much info on when the switch from PVH to live happened. I want a 2000 only because I want the 4.0L pushrod and not the 4.0L OHC engine. Id rather the truck be...
  4. Looking for some feedback on Chevrolet and Dodge Pushrod truck engines

Im in the market for some newer trucks and am not that familiar with the Chevrolet and Dodge Pushrod gas motors offered in their trucks. I would like some feedback from anyone who has experience with these engines on reliability as an every day work truck. I have had a few of each make before...
  5. Dana 35 Torsen Differential.

I cant find where to buy the torsen unit for 1998+ SLA Dana 35 Rangers. Ive checked over Explorer sites and Ranger sites. Plenty of information on the fact that the unit exists but no direction in where to purchase. Checked all the usual places I buy gears, and related parts from and none have a...
  6. 1997 5R55E into 1998. Anyone done this?

Have a 1998 4.0L with a bad transmission. Has anyone swapped a 5R55E from a 1997 into a 1998-2000? From what I can see I just use the 1998 harness and leave out the mechanical speedometer gear in the 1997. Is there anything else missing from a 1997 5R55E transmission that the 1998-2000 has?
  7. Gear change speed correction

Just picked up a 2000 3.0L 2wd with 4.10s. I want to swap in one of my 3.73 axles but cant find exact information on how the speedometer is fed to take the proper action in speed correction after im done. From what ive gathered 1998-2000 only read from the ABS sensor on the top of the rear...
  8. Automatic transmission fluid level in 1993-1997 Rangers

I noticed after I leveled my 1997 that the transmission fluid was now low by about 1/3 a quart. The level in stock form was dead on the top hole on the dipstick tube. For the past half year now ive been playing with transmission fluid levels in my automatic 5R55E transmissions to see if the...
  9. weaker 2.3 or 2.5 with 3.27 gears

Anyone by chance have or ever have a 1995-1997 2.3L 2wd automatic with 3.27 gears or a 2.5L 2wd automatic with 3.27 gears? Im curious to see what that set up gets for gas mileage. I have two 98 2.5L automatic 2wd trucks with 4.10s. They get up and go but don't return that great of fuel...
  10. Multifunction switch issue

Im having the hardest time figuring out an issue with the multifunction switch. When I would push down to engage the left turn signal it would make what sounded like a shorting out sound and plastic gears clicking together. After a few times of trying the turn signal would come on and the sound...
  11. Thoughts about wheel adapters

Just looking for some experience/opinions here on wheel adapters/spacers for off road use. I acquired a 2001 Kia Sportage to wreck in my trails all has been fun with the stock tires (27") and this thing wont give up. I mounted some old 31" tires on the stock wheels and its still kicking. Next...
  12. 38s on Dana 35 front

Anyone out there running 38s on the TTB Dana 35 front? Ive had mine together with 35s now for a bit and am going to go up to 38.5x11 boggers this spring. I have a true trac in the front now and it doesn't seem at all harsh with the 35" boggers which hook up violently on everything. Just...
  13. dana 35 TTB bearing caps

I messed up and in a rush mixed up my bearing caps. I noticed the C on both the bearing cap and the housing. Does the C on the bearing cap face the C on the housing or are the Cs on the bearing caps suppose to match the same position as the Cs on the housing? A picture of an opened Dana 35 TTB...
  14. Driving TTB Ranger without Front axle shafts?

Just a quick question. Can I put back together my spindle, brakes, and hubs without the axle shafts and drive the truck? I had to remove the third member this weekend because I filled the case with mud after the differential vent hose ripped off at some point in the swamp. I have it all apart...
  15. Interco Super Swamper SS-M 16 tires

Anyone have real experience with these tires on a Ranger or other light truck/Jeep? I have not been impressed with any of the Super swamper tires ive tried besides the Bogger. Tires are just too heavy for a light truck. Ive used the Boggers and they were awesome in mud so id like to know about...
  16. D35 pinion stem diameter?

Buying D35 reverse cut 4.56 gears for another one of my Rangers and everything listed has a 1.376" pinion stem diameter? I found a 1.406" pinion stem diameter gear set on summit racing when I did my last Ranger and now I cant find a 1.406" diameter pinion stem for the 4.56 gears anywhere? Every...
  17. 4.10 gears and 4 wheel high

Ive got one truck with 4.56 gears and 4 wheel high is more than usable on most terrain besides rock hills. Im looking for the other truck to go with 4.10 gears (this truck sees a lot of highway) for my daily driver and still want to be able to use 4 wheel high to traverse most situations. The...
  18. 2 Inch leveling springs and trouble aligning

I installed skyjacker 132X 2" leveling springs for my front end in my 1997 4x4. Ive been having a ridiculous time getting a decent alignment. I need the truck for the road now and not just the woods so need somewhat normal tire wear. It drives straight and the toe is fine, just want to get rid...
  19. A/T or M/T with tough sidewalls

Im looking at new tires in the 31"-33" range for two Rangers im setting up. I need very tough sidewalls because of the type of terrain I travel. Skidder/Logging trails and no trails just finding a way through the terrain to my destination. leaves dry or wet, rocks of every sort, downed trees...
  20. Fuse 13 keeps blowing 4.0L 1997

This is the 3rd 1997 4.0L ive had that blows fuse 13. It happens when im usually off roading while bouncing spinning a tire and then if I let off the gas the truck stumbles and sometimes even stalls. I have no check engine lights and everything is in order with the engine as far as mechanically...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad