• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. 1999 ranger 4x4 transfer motor

On a 1999 Ford Ranger XLT 4x4, 4.0L with automatic transmission. Here's what is probably a stupid question. Does the transfer case servo motor switch out of neutral and into low or high when the switch is activated... or ... does it only change from low to high range...ie, does the front drive...
  2. Pistons for a 1999 4.0l ... Which ones??

I have searched and read for quite some time now and have not been able to dig up the information that I need. This will also be good for others to ref in the future that are looking for the same info. ================================================== I have a 1999 Ranger with a stock 4.0L...
  3. Please help... I want to update to 2011 front style on my 1999

I have to get the work done here this week and the body shop does not know the parts involved and does not care one way or the other... but does not have the experience with this. I would be grateful for any help you guys could give me.. I'm stuck working too much and cant research this... I...
  4. Can you run 255/70/16 tires on a stock 1999 4x4?

I've noticed that the newer trucks come stock with 255/70/16's; I have a 1999 Ranger XLT 4x4 extra cab with the 4.0 and offroad/towing package. Did Ford change anything about the wheel wells or fenders that would cause the 255/70/16's to rub on my 1999 that was originally equipped with...
  5. Tried the Aerostar rear 10" drums... NO FIT!! HELP

I just bought the Aerostar finned 10" drums for my 99 Ranger 4x4, and they dont fit... the bolt holes and drum size are fine.... The HUB CENTERS are too small on the Aerostar drums and dont fit the axle. :dunno: I have the Raybestos 9499 Drums for the 1996 Aerostar Can anyone help me... is...
  6. Selectable Front Locker for stock 1999 Ranger

Ok... I've searched and found little.. I hope you guys can take a moment to help me out. I go snowmobiling... use my truck to haul it... deep snow access is important. I'd like to run an air or electric locker on the front...I really want to have the ability to not have to get out and...
  7. AVM Versus functioning Pulse Vacuum hubs

I know that the topic of AVM manual conversion has been dealt with on forums already. BUT... this is a differernt question. I have already searched around this forum and was not able to find the answers that I'm looking for...
  8. Please Help... Moving and need to fix

Hello, I hope that you can take a moment to help me with a problem that I need to fix "yesterday"..... I'm moving this week and have a problem that I need to fix before the "haul". I have a 1999 Ranger, XLT, 4x4, 4.0 L, Auto trans... 105,000 miles. Well maintained in general and otherwise...
  9. Coolant leak, please help

I have a small coolant leak in my 1999 Ford Ranger 4.0L 4x4 xlt ext cab. I dont smell it much inside the truck but really can smell it after driving for a while...get out after parking it and I can smell coolant... Not much of a leak as I'm using very little coolant (maybe 1 pint per month)...
  10. AVM hubs... Can you leave them locked in the winter?

Looking at the AVM hubs as a preventive measure on my 1999 4.0L xlt extended cab 4x4... Can you leave the hubs locked and use the 4x4 switch to activate the 4x4? In the winter, I hate to have to jump out and lock in each time I want to use the 4x4 I see that the late 2000's + have full time...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad