• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. broken off pinion shaft bolt in rear axle of my 1989 bronco 2 ?

Hi everyone. Long time no see. As luck would have it I'm the not so proud owner of a 1989 ford bronco ll eddie bauier edition. It Has more new and rebuilt parts on it then the originals. I noticed one day that the drivers side rear axle seal was leaking oil. So I drained the diff and pulled the...
  2. lost my key's

howdy, well as you would know it, today I lost the ignition/door lock key to my 2000 ranger, what all is involved in getting a new key cut ? , I've been told if I bring in paper work stating I own the truck and the vin number they will cut me a new key ?, just wondering if this will work on my...
  3. starter grinding issues

ok so I recently bought another ranger for a winter beater, this time a 1984 2.8L V6 5 speed 4wd ranger, the main issue that the truck is having is the starter will grind when you go to crank it over, ( i have to roll start it) the last owner replaced the starter with a autozone reman a few...
  4. SAS HOW-To?

depending on your application you might want to look into some timbren's, instead of a SAS
  5. knock sensor location on a 1991 2.9 ?

hi . im helping out a guy in town to try and get his plow truck running again . anyway its a 1991 extra cab ford ranger with a 2.9l and a 5 speed . it will crank but won't fire . a friend told me he thought it is the knock sensor . i doubt it is . but i got to thinking and figured i'd go about...
  6. rear frame/bumper mount repair

hi , im in the middle of fixing the rear frame (rusted out behind the rear spring hangers) and making up a new mounting point for my rear bumper , i could have swaped the rear frame section for a rust free one , or cut the frame rails off infront of the hangers , replaced the hangers and welded...
  7. does it matter ?

hi , i recently bought a pretty much rust free black tailgate (paint is in pretty good shape with only one minor scratch) for $75 to replace the rusty one on my 99 ranger (kind of a dark green color) , anyways i was wondering what the majority 's opinion of , if i need to get the gate painted to...
  8. 4.0 fuel mileage readings

hi . i recently bought a 1999 ford ranger XLT 4x4 automatic extra cab with the bigger 4.0l v6 . also is pretty low mileage at alittle over 92,854 as of current . also has abit under sized tires (225/75r16) . the truck should have 245/75r16's . now this is my question driveing in country/city...
  9. 3.0 running rough . dieing out and sputtering

howdy yall long time no see . anyway i'm looking at buying a 1998 ford ranger 3.0l v6 5 speed 4x4 with 185.000 miles . the engine is hard to start when cold and likes to die out and sputter . now heres my question . one of the past owners have cut the four wires on the plug for the mass air flow...
  10. 1st gen ranger dash dummy light question

hello , yesterday i was looking at my two dash gauge clusters , one is from a 1987 and one is from a 1986 , and both of them have a black plastic cover that is glued over the light bulbs for the dummy lights , and both have the normal , check engine , check oil and seat belt , rear antilock ...
  11. home made ranger bed designs ?

hello all , i'm thinking about building some sort of home made bed for my ranger , and was wondering if anyone has any other designs aside from the normal flat bed that ya see all over the place , like maybe a mini utitly body or a mini dump bed or possabaly a mini rackbody ? , any ideas/photos...
  12. my suzuki sammy project

this is a build thread for my 1986 suzuki samurai jx , currently its pretty much stock , just waiting for winter to end so i can start working on it again , plans involve a 3'' calmini all spring lift kit , some either 30 or 31'' mud tires , some off road bumpers , a cb radio , and some off road...
  13. 1st gen ranger reg cab leg and head room ?

hey yall , and yes i know this question may be hard for anyone to answer , but i figured i'd ask anyway , how much leg and head room is there in a 1st gen 1983-1992 regular cab ranger with a stock bench seat , compared to a extra cab ranger with a bench seat ? , the reason for asking is i have...
  14. 2.9L v6 ticking at start up ?

hey yall , i have been running my donor vehicle a 1989 ford ranger with the 2.9L v6 in it around my property hauling dirt and such , and ever since i bought it it would tick at first start up and tick for about 1-2 minutes and then for the most part goe away , any ideas of what would make it...
  15. possable clutch problems

well to start with less then a year ago i bought a 1989 ford ranger 2.9 v6 5 speed mazda m50d 4wd for a parts truck but i have been running it around the farm just to check everything out and all seemed good i also check the fluids , lately there has been a kind of a beep comeing from the clutch...
  16. under $200 mig and flux wire welders

hey all i am looking to buy a flux wire or mig welder some time soon , so i have been reading and watching some videos and i have came to the conclusion that to fit my budget $200 or less i have two choices 1 is a harbor freight 90 amp flux wire welder...
  17. 4x4 conversion question

hi i just came across this thread from tandangerranger and his conversion looks like it would work good , what do you guys think , http://therangerstation.com/forums/showthread.php?t=68174
  18. manual transmission hp rateings

hey guys i was thinking about useing a older manual transmission with a removeable bellhouseing behind a 2.3l 4cyl and i would like to know if the older transmissions will hold up to about 160hp tops , i am thinking i will get the model year i think 1989-1995 2.3l that comes with 90 hp from the...
  19. auto drakening welding helmits

hey guys i am still looking at different welders and i was woundering what you guys use for auto drakening helmits i am looking at a $49 one from harbor freight and i was woundering if theres any way to test it before useing , can i lite a propane torch in front of it and see if it drankens down...
  20. 2.3l engine mated to a 2.9l transmission

hi i have been woundering if its posable to make a transmission from a ranger with a 2.9l v6 work with a 2.3l 4cyl engine , the reason for asking is i have a good 5 speed transmission behind a 2.9l and i would like to use a 2.3l 4cyl with it , thanks for any info

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad