• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. Timing chain cover gasket replacement

The front of my 2002 3.0 started leaking around the gasket on the timing chain cover. It's got coolant and oil seeping out, but no coolant in the oil or vice versa. I'm thinking it should be replaced sooner than later before it catastrophically fails. Anything else that should get replaced...
  2. P0304 engine code

2002 gas 3.0 4x4 Sometimes it has a rough idle and the CEL will flash, but once it's moving the CEL goes off. The CEL has come on and stays on now. It throws a P0304 code, cyl 4 misfire. Plugs and wires are about 20k miles old. Any ideas on where to start? I had service manuals, but...
  3. Adding socket to connector

I'm trying to set up the third brake light on my camper, and found the wire that runs to the back of the truck. It terminates in a pin in a connector, and the female end is empty. Is there a standard socket I can add to the connector? Picture included for clarity. I want to add a socket to...
  4. Grounding problem?

I've been trying to diagnose my 4WD problems, and one of the diagnostics is pin 2 of connector C281B should be <5ohms when grounded, and it's not. It starts at 0 ohms and creeps up to 5.3 ohms. This is one of the grounds for the control module. Could this be a problem? It appears this is a...
  5. Control module PN?

I've narrowed down my 4WD problem to the control module, and I ordered a new one. Dealer sent me the part, but it doesn't match the box. New PN should be 1L5Z-7E453-AC, part he sent is 1L54-7H417-AE. He says they're not supposed to match up, but that doesn't sound right. Thoughts?
  6. OBD reader for 4WD diagnostic

I have a 2002 Ford Ranger auto 4WD, and it doesn't go into 4WD. I have the service manuals and I'm running through the diagnostics. No 4WD lights come on during startup, so next step is to see if it throws a code. I don't have a code reader, so will something basic like one of these work...
  7. alternator whine

I have a 2002 3.0L Ranger and it started making an intermittent whine. It sounds like it's coming from the alternator. It sounds like when the tensioner pulley was on its way out. Is there a way to test the alternator pulley? Is the pulley on its own bearing and can I replace this part only...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad