• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. lneidlinger

My Ranger - Plenus annis abiit, plenus honoribus

It finally happened. My old Ranger turned in. But in not in any way that I was expecting. I learned the hard way not to let your girlfriend drive your truck. What people always joke about actually happened. I knew that truck inside and out, knew exactly what it did in any situation and how to...
  2. lneidlinger

Scratch built. Kind of.

This is something I have been working on for a while now. Many different variations but I think I've nailed it pretty darn well now. I decided to use an erector set I obtained in my youth, but quickly found that many of the parts had gotten up and walked away. The search began for a...
  3. lneidlinger

Damn winter...

So winter is around the corner in Michigan and now everything is always cold. ITS ALWAYS COLD. Grrr... Anyways. Now is when the truck starts acting up and doing "new" things. I usually start looking at other vehicles, it gets jealous, and fixes itself, but seems to be having a harder time...
  4. lneidlinger

Hard to start when warm

I've had this problem for a while now. It's starting to bug me though. Basically, if the truck has been sitting for 8-10 hours, enough to sufficiently cool off the engine, it will start in 1-2 cranks no problem. Once it gets warm and you shut it off and restart it within 5 minutes, it fires...
  5. lneidlinger

A4LD lost overdrive

So the A4LD finally took a poop in my truck. All right, I'll start from the beginning. It has done this for a while now, but before it wasn't so bad. When the trans was cold and you were in 3rd or OD and gave it gas to make it downshift it would just act like you threw it in neutral and rev up...
  6. lneidlinger

Stock exhaust pipe size

Anyone know what the stock exhaust size would be right before the CAT on a 91 4.0? The exhaust is completely gone on this one and I'm looking at ordering something like a cheap cherry bomb turbo muffler or something, I think it's 2" but I'm not sure.
  7. lneidlinger

Hello

With how much I have looked through the tech library I thought it was about time to register here on the forums. Anyways I bought my first car for $600, a ford ranger of course. I've slowly been putting a little bit of money here and there into it to make it a bit better. It is coming along...
  8. lneidlinger

Leveling a 2WD on the cheap

Alright so I got a 1991 2WD ranger that I just got some new wheels and tires for (for a REALLY good deal) The new tires are Goodyear Wrangler RT/S P225/75R15 on some black steel wheels. It looks much better than the undersized P195/70R14's that were on there before. The new ones are a bit bigger...
  9. lneidlinger

Seized 2.8 Bronco II

Hello all, long time lurker, first time poster. My friend is looking at getting a bronco II. We found one that the body is in real good condition, paint is a bit faded, but everything is there. It's got a 2.8 in it, and its apparently seized up. The reason why its seized up is that its been...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad