• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. Mac

FX4 axle width

Looking at tech library see the FX4 & level 2 axles are listed as 1" wider (59 1/2") than others, same width as Explorers. Axles would then be same as pre disc brake Explorers? Never knew this an dtoo snowy to go out and measure. Dave
  2. Mac

Again? Ranger shown at Detroit Auto show

They said it's to compete with the Cheby and be on sale this year so maybe this county? No spec's or other info. http://autoomobile.com/news/ford-ready-to-face-chevrolet-colorado/10014421/ www.youtube.com/watch?v=EHInoDxorhg
  3. Mac

Think Rangers are getting expensive?

Just looking to maybe replace my 2000 that needs body work, rust. Can't imagine a 2000 with 66K miles going for $12,999. Most expensive one new 14 years ago was less than 18K. I've got another one identical to it but has the 4.0 and Flairside, same mileage but dead motor. Another but a '99'...
  4. Mac

What's the difference - what changed?

Looking for rear brakes for a '69' Fairlane and noticed that it uses the same rear as the '83-94' Ranger. The '95 and up use a different rear shoe. Can't imagine what changed or why, all are the 10"x2 1/2". You can find performance shoes for the Fairlane (and many Mustangs), that's where I...
  5. Mac

The new F-150

Ford Racing One of the cool stories from yesterday's Winner's Circle panel discussion was off-road racer Greg Foutz letting on that he tested the new 2015 F-150 at the Baja 1,000 last year, disguised in current bodywork. The F-150 is on display at the North American International Auto Show |...
  6. Mac

Mikhail Kalashnikov, Creator of AK-47, Dies at 94

It killed more people in the 20th Century than the atomic bombs dropped on Hiroshima and Nagasaki. The AK-47's easy maintenance and light weight led to its becoming the armament of choice for at least 50 armies worldwide, as well as guerrilla factions, ... Dave
  7. Mac

Quest fo a true 7/8" bore master

Someone had mentioned to use the Bumper-Bumper master cylinder and make sure it was the 7/8" bore. Just got mine home and no matter what everyone has it listed as, it's only a .750" bore. It looks just like the master that Teddy used. Part number CMA 39896 and identical to the 3/4" bore one I...
  8. Mac

Global Ranger revisited - again

Just saw this on another Ford truck site. Guy was out West and had three pass him. Can't imagine why they would have had Mich manufacturer plates on them unless for testing. Dave "Out on the road going to the mountains and guess what kind of convoy I saw today? I saw 3 2013 Ford Rangers...
  9. Mac

Ford's newest police intercepter is an Explorer

Just saw this, 365 hp twin turbo Explorer. Dave oxNSLEK6aFM#t=6
  10. Mac

Never heard of heavy truck off-road racing

Guess it's been going on for quite awhile down in Brazil. Dave http://racing.ford.com/more-racing/news/articles/ford-wins-heavy-truck-class-at-brazils-sertoes-rally-1293055451497/
  11. Mac

Another reason to run an air cleaner!

This was after "it' got pulled out a ways, see the rippled fur. Dave
  12. Mac

First Lever Gun

Never had one but got a Rossi M92 on order, heard good things about them. Not a hunter at all but got for home use. Can't understand why even a lever gun is on backorder. 20" barrel in 44 Mag, something that makes a big bang and big holes! Anything to watch for or comments? Dave
  13. Mac

Ammo being Available again?

Just ordered (5) boxes of (20) .44 mags (Hornady) from Cabelels yesterday with no problem. They do have a limit per day but said they should be here on the 30th. Price didn't seem jacked up at all, $20.99 per box. Dave
  14. Mac

Cheaper Than Dirt leaving Conn

Don't know how I get all these contacts but they are going to move. Know that one magazine maker in Col has threated to move also, Who's next? Dave...
  15. Mac

Headers -- Again

Just got my 2013 FRPP catalog and see they have some block hugging headers in there, also fit the "P" heads. Made for the narrow early Ford chassis (30's-40's). Little expensive but ceramic coated. Wonder if anyone else makes block huggers like them? Some good 360 deg pictures of them. Not...
  16. Mac

Ford builds two Coyote powered Rangers

They build two of them to run in the South African Cross Country race. Of course they are the global ones. Ugle or not, I'd buy a V-8 one and make everyone look at it. Ford of Australia had some really mean UTS awhile ago, DOHC 5.4's. Dave...
  17. Mac

Proper Pistol Shooting Grip

Got this from an old Harley rider friend. Dave http://www.youtube.com/embed/iDnEkFSMRik?rel=0&vq=medium&autoplay=1
  18. Mac

NY map of gun owners

Yep, a couple of counties in NY have published maps of who owns a gun and where they live. Not a person is really happy with that. Locates the homes of cops, which homes have guns if you want to steel them or which homes to avoid. Another good idea from Governent. Got this map of Texas...
  19. Mac

More Header News - Guess Torque Monsters are available again

Found this at Explorer Forum. Looks like prices have gone up but delivery time gone down. Seems like they (site) is looking for a group buy. Dave http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=370999&highlight=headers
  20. Mac

FYI 351 Swap Headers!

Question comes up often enough but just ran across this on E-Bay - http://www.ebay.com/itm/Ranger-Engine-Swap-351w-Headers-/251202759157?hash=item3a7cd9e9f5&item=251202759157&pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&vxp=mtr Said to fit 83-88, 2 or 4 wheel. Tri-Y design. Thats all I got. Dave

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad