• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. sluginxlt

95 cylinder head fit my 94?

my 94 ranger has a burnt valve and im debating getting new valves and seats done but is saw a clean lower mileage 1995 ranger at a local junkyard that i could pull the head for like 35 bucks. ive read there is some differnces in heads over the years and ebay list rebuilt heads that fit 89-94 and...
  2. sluginxlt

engine light and tach problem

the other morning i started my truck to go to work, and after about 10 seconds running the rpms on the tach start to drop to about 500 at idle and the engine light comes on. my truck isnt running any different at all. even when im on the free way and i know my rpms are over 3k "because of my...
  3. sluginxlt

mini MINI chopper build

ive been building this at work on my breaks out of scrap metal. it is all steel except aluminum tank and is all hand made.colored the tire with heat from torch .functioning wheel and forks. it is about the size of a 20 oz pop bottle to put it into perspective. still needs rear wheel and handle...
  4. sluginxlt

1350 front shaft

i need a drive shaft for my ranger, just converted it to 4wd with a d30 sas. the 1350 has no external yolk. i dont know what the shafts look like for this tcase, is there a ujoint shaft that will work on the 1350 with no yolk or is it only the crappy shaft with cv's? pictures would be good to so...
  5. sluginxlt

do i need abs block on frame

i have a 90 ranger and that block on the frame is always leaking and getting worse, and im in the middle of an sas so i just redid all my front hard lines and hoses might as well do the rear. can i just run hard line from master cyl back and get rid of that block? my abs is messed up anyways...
  6. sluginxlt

2wd ranger gets sas

i know ive had some pics of my truck on here before but i figured its time to put them all in one build thread. i got the ranger about 2 years ago completly stock and was supposed to stay that way. 2.3 5spd 2wd. after about 6months of owning it i did 1.5 leveling coils with a home made 1.25 coil...
  7. sluginxlt

anybody running 33s+ on a 4cyl?

im almost done with my sas and the 31s now look like donuts. i have 4:56s and did great with 31s but im leaning towards 35's maybe 33s but i think my suspension setup might be a little big for 33s. i hope to someday swap in a 4 liter or maybe a 302 but who knows if itll ever make it that far...
  8. sluginxlt

quick shock question.

ive got my sas all mocked up "dana 30 and waggy leafs" im using the f250 shock mounts and i have a set of procomp shocks that were off the rear of my ranger and are the right size for the front now. is there an internal difference between shocks made for the front and rear?
  9. sluginxlt

need help reaming tierod hole

im in the middle of a dana 30 swap and want to use my ranger drag link because its all brand new and should be about the right length. i have a cross over steering bracket and want to change from the small hole for the jeep tierod and make it fit the ranger tierod. how do i go about doing this...
  10. sluginxlt

whats a good shackle angle?

im in the process of sas on my ranger. i started with stock yj leafs but they were way to weak and went completely flat. so today i picked up some wagoneer leafs and they are one inch longer so it made my shackles "rear mounted" really angled so im gonna have to move my leaf and shackle mounts...
  11. sluginxlt

trans to t case gasket?

i have a manual trans and a 1350 transfer case. in between the transefer case housing and trans housing is a gasket, does it serve a purpose? i looked on murrays site and the autozone site and i cant find it listed. where can i get one?
  12. sluginxlt

2 to 4wheel

i have a lifted 90 ranger 2wd with a 2.3 and manual trans. i stumbled across a 89 in the junkyard that was 2.3 4x4 manual trans. picked up the trans for 80 bux. i just did a brand new clutch in my truck a few 100 miles ago and was wondering if the clutch is the same for 2wd and 4x4 trans. is...
  13. sluginxlt

question for you front leaf guys

were gonna be doin the sas on my brothers 95 ranger soon, he has chosen to use wrangler front leafs.... just wondering what you guys do about the "crumple zone". we did one tone axles on my buddys bronco and plated over the whole area with 3/8 plate.... it was strong and effective.... but looked...
  14. sluginxlt

my truck on wegotmud.com

me and my brother went out to the mounds for the thanksgiving day masacre and let me tell you 2wheel drives on snowy trails suck! my truck did good in mud and sand but ill never take my truck offroad in snow again, it was fun but couldnt get many places, and trails were like traffic jambs there...
  15. sluginxlt

trail master lift beams!?

ok i seen an ad forsale.... here it is 4 inch Trailmaster lift kit for 2wd Ford Ranger with Twin I-Beam front end-was purchased for 1986 truck but never installed. Believe it will fit newer trucks but not sure what years. Includes new I-Beams, Lift blocks for rear, bump stops, pitman arm, and...
  16. sluginxlt

lift brackets?

will 4x4 ttb lift brackets work on 2wd ibeam trucks? it is just more common to come across 4x4 lift parts, and ive never measured or anything but the axle/i beam mounts seem to look the same
  17. sluginxlt

manifold swap

i picked up the newer stock header for $20 to replace my cast manifold on my 90. i did not notice a gasket on my truck or on the donor truck? is there supposed to be a gasket? or do i just bolt it back in with no gasket?
  18. sluginxlt

rpm problem

i flooded the truck in a mud whole a month ago i cleaned the maf, the iac, and the o2, and cleaned up a junkyard egr, but my truck still is slow on coming down with the rpms, its a stick so when you push the clutch between shifts the rpms dont drop right down like they should they slowly go...
  19. sluginxlt

vaccum line?

i made a snorkel from my air box to the cowl panel, so i took off the stock intake that goes to behind the grill... but do i need to do anything thing with the vaccum like running from the air box to the thing in the factory intake tube? should i just plug it? by the way its a 90 2.3.
  20. sluginxlt

got dirty

well i finally got to try the 2wheel in some mud, went out to the mounds yesterday "sunday" and my truck was more capable than i ever expected, i geuss i underestimated the locked 2wheel. as of now i only got one picture cause i didnt have a camera but im sure ill get a few more from other...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad