• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. 1st gen AC options...

Anyone with an early 1st Gen ever do, or have you seen, an after market AC installed? My '83 . . I bought a NOS dealer install kit for the engine. It's the compressor bracket, idler pulley, water pump pulley ,etc . all in one kit. It's what the dealerships would have used in '83 if someone...
  2. Vintage looking '83 is ready to go on a voyage . . .

Should say, "more" vintage looking. Heading to the Auto fair tomorrow, first time out since completion.
  3. '83 tailgate question

Is there a bushing in the tailgate where it pivots? I see them for later years, but hadn't seen anything for the first gens. The tailgate is loose without anything . . so?
  4. Picture request . .2.3 w/AC . .carbed

Want to see the setup with factory AC on a carbed 2.3L. Specifically looking at the compressor mount and the belt routing. I have an '83, but figure its the same until they were EFI.
  5. 1st Gen jack stowage

Anyone have a pic of a factory jack stowed correctly behind the seat, standard cab?
  6. Looking for a 2.3L compressor mount

For an '83 . .want to add AC.
  7. Looking for AC mount . .so is there

a specific mount I need for an '83 2.3L ? Or will anything from a 2.3 work? car? Anyone have one?
  8. ran into somethin I didn't see coming. .swapping to 10" brakes

I got a set of 10" rear drum backing plates. BUT . . the mounting is much wider than my Ranger housing. So . did Ford have a large bearing rear for Explorers? That is what these were supposed to have come off of. They are 10" x 2 1/2". I thought maybe a full size Ford truck, but they are 10"...
  9. Anyone here use a permanent vacuum gauge?

I have an '89 2.3 5 speed. It has about 212K miles. I redid the top end about 7k ago. It runs every well. I hold a dead steady 20 lbs of vacuum at idle. It's cruising that has me thinking. At 55 mph on level road I only pull about 10lbs of vacuum in 5th and about 11lbs in 4th. The 2.3' is no...
  10. Explorer 2 row aluminum radiator . .

Those that are using the optional 2 row ( wide rows ) radiator from an Explorer, can you tell me how much wider the core is than a single row? I have a single row in mine and would like to run the 2 row. I run a mechanical fan and just want to make sure I have the clearance before buying one. Thanks
  11. not bad for $2K . . . .

http://raleigh.craigslist.org/cto/3983478581.html
  12. caliper fire . . .

moved my '84 BII out of state to it's new home last weekend. Along the way the right front caliper caught fire . . loads of fun. Has only 58K original miles, but something locked, probably hose collapsed; my guess. Was able to find caliper and pads, but not the hose. I ended up using a F150...
  13. 1350 TC question . . .

Does anyone know positively that a 1350 has a 7 tooth speedometer drive gear ???
  14. D35 swap for taller gears?

So I have been looking for 3.08 gears for my D28. I have not yet found any. So if I was to swap to a D35, could I find some 3.08s for it? It seems in OEM form, 3.27s were the tallest gear installed in an Explorer. If I am wrong say so. But I see that a 3.08 D35 gear set was made. I'm not a 4X4...
  15. C5 to C4 trans conversion in Bronco II . . info

I have an '84 BII. It was an auto, so fortunately they came with a C5. When I went to a V8 in the truck, I changed the original C5 to a C4. That has been written about . . don't want to rehash the facts there. I did a standard 2 year swap :icon_rofl: Serious, this April is 2 years. I started...
  16. Anyone here swapped beds to . .

a stepside bed? And not necessarily a later Ranger stepside, but a vintage stepside bed?
  17. Hypocritical . . . . .

to draw a line in sand in regards to catalytic converters and allow postings on engine swaps that would fall under the same Federal Emission laws that removing a converter would.
  18. interior changes . . .

So I finally got around to installing the rubber mat I had ACC make for me. Its been sitting in a box for almost 2 years :) Pain to work with, all the holes to find in the floor etc. God Bless the people on the line that installed the rear seats quickly . . it's a pita too. So . anyone else...
  19. Well I burned a valve over the weekend . .

in my '89. I was out of state as well. Little engine that could drove over 800 miles on 3 cylinders. I ended up removing the injector wire on #3 once I was sure of the diagnosis. She got 17 .5 MPG running about 65-75 mph on three cylinder :) I'll post some pics once I get it apart today. This...
  20. just gloating a bit . . . .

I finally got back to my Bronco for some things that needed finished. It's been at least 6 months since I touched it. I had bought a rubber mat to replace the carpet. More of an original Bronco theme I have had for this BII. Anyway, when I started cutting out the original carpet, I thought I...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad