• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. 4.0 into 88. Check my facts.

Greetings everyone. I am about to pull the trigger on a 4.0 swap into my 88 2wd 5spd. I have researched this swap for some time and would like to know if there are any hiccups in what i have planned. Engine: 4.0 out of a 1992 Aerostar (from my understanding, the same motor as the explorer...
  2. Semi-Urgent Help: Bad Fuel Pump?

Hey everyone, happy Memorial Day to all. So last night driving home under normal load, the engine lost all power and then regained power the instant after. It made a very jerky motion driving at 40 mph. I had 3/4 tank of gas. It did that two more times in about five miles, then died completely...
  3. M5OD-r2 fitment

Long story short I am planning and beginning to collect the necessary parts for a 302 swap. Currently I have a Md05-r1 behind my 2.9, and I would like to keep the 5 speed. I would love a zf trans but fitment without a body lift looks near impossible, which means I'm going to go with the md05-r2...
  4. 2.9 power loss

howdy folks, here is what im dealing with. Ive got an 88 with a 2.9. running 31s with 3.45 rear end. the engine has got 330,000 miles so its been around the block but its been well taken care of. about a week ago two problems arose about the same time. they may be related, they started...
  5. what 8.8 is this?

hey yall found a craigslist find 8.8 rear end supposedly out of a ranger. axle has been removed for a while and has no axle tag. what would be the easiest way to figure out what gears its got in it? can you open up the diff and count? put a lift and 31s on my ranger a week ago and the 345s are a...
  6. 88 ranger rough country lift

Before The Lift After :icon_welder:
  7. rough country lift? 88 2wd

hey yall long story short finally have the time and some money to work on the ranger. i have a 88, 2.9, 2wd. back a while a ago when i was broke i jimmy rigged a lift and put some f150 coils and some shakles on in the back. it lifted it up a good 2 to 3 inches but the camber up front is all...
  8. Did I just witness the death of my 2.9?

I got a 88 with a 2.9 with 330,000 miles on it. i know thats a ton but i want to keep this thing alive. on my way home from work i was trying to accelerate after a stop sign. at around 3k rpms the engine began to bog down and almost died. it returned to a very very rough idle, tried to take off...
  9. Help!!! No start, has spark

Bad news. drove the truck to work today, but when i went to start it to go home it was a no go :dunno: it turned over no problem, and it had a good spark at the plugs. i tried some starter fluid and it would fire up just for a second then die. i figure it must be getting no fuel. i have not done...
  10. painted grille

did a quick mod today on my day off. painted my faded plastic/chrome grille black. i really like how it turned out. before after
  11. best way to clear 30s?

alright so i got some pro comp 51s and found some 30 x 9.50s for crazy cheap and got them mounted yesterday. The previous stock tire were 225 75 15s so these new tires are about a inch wider and taller. I was gambling that I could clear the 30s. Took it for a drive and have a decent amount of...
  12. oil level sensor removal???

my oil level sensor is leaking oil pretty bad. i got the new part at the dealer but i am having trouble removing the one on the truck. the one on the truck has no hex head or any where to use a wrench and the outside seems to be entirely plastic. anyone who how to get it off? i will get some...
  13. bumper guard mounts???

so i picked up a bumper guard for my 88 ranger at a junk yard, good condition 30 bucks :headbang: the bumper guard came off a 87 stx ranger. it is the same guard that was a option from the factory. my problem is when i bought the guard the mounts were long gone:icon_confused: I have looked all...
  14. 11-15 lt?

does anyone know what a 11-15 LT tire size is converted to inches? ive looked online with no luck i think it is about 31 x 10.5 but im not sure
  15. will these fit?

hey everyone, i have an 88 ranger. will these fit with no problem on my truck? they are off a 1999 mustang gt http://atlanta.craigslist.org/eat/pts/2980769734.html the tire size i currently have is 225 75 15 these new ones are 245 40 17 i know the 5 x 4.5 bolt pattern is the same will the...
  16. m3od hard shifting

Hello all, I have a 88 ranger, 2.9 liter, with a m5od trans. I am having problems with very hard shifting. Since I have had the truck (2 years), the clutch engages rather late. But shifting still was smooth. About a month ago however the shifting became harder and harder until i almost had to...
  17. Fuel and Temp Guages

Hello all, Quick question...so something is up with my fuel level guage and temperature guage. Majority of the time nether of them work. But every once in a blue moon the will both work. I figure it is a bad ground. Anyone know where that is located? Since they work and dont work together i...
  18. Fuel and Temp Guage

Hello all, Quick question...so something is up with my fuel level guage and temperature guage. Majority of the time nether of them work. But every once in a blue moon the will both work. I figure it is a bad ground. Anyone know where that is located? Since they work and dont work together i...
  19. 2.9 California emissions

I have an 88 ranger with a 2.9 in it. My 2.9 Cologne v6 was sold in Califonia orginally and has all this smog and emissions nonsense on it. The amount of extra tubes is rediculous. I live in Georgia, so I was wondering can any of it go? Or is all of it required for it to run properly? It just...
  20. 88 leaking oil terribly

Hello all, About a month ago, I was given a 88 ranger. It has a 2.9 v6. I had to take out the old 5 speed because it was busted and put in a new one off an explorer and has been working super. My question is, the truck is leaking oil horribly. Every time I drive, there is a circle 6 inches to a...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad