• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. Ranger SVO

Rear Sway Bar Question

I remember having to call Energy Suspension to get the right bushing set. They said with Ranger there was multiple options, that's why the catalog said call. Any way thanks. now I know a 3/4-inch bar exists. And he only wants $30 for it
  2. Ranger SVO

Rear Sway Bar Question

Sir, I appreciate your response. The suspension components on my 93 came off a 94 Ford Ranger with spring code KK. I looked up my old receipts from back then and the bushings I ordered are 4.5115 and 4.5116. The 4.5116 is for a 5/8-inch bar https://www.energysuspensionparts.com/4.5116...
  3. Ranger SVO

Rear Sway Bar Question

Thank you for your response. My Ranger was not originally equipped with a rear sway bar. So I can tell you it made a difference. The sway bar and link end bushings are all Energy Suspension high durometer polyurethane bushings. But if I could tighten it up a little more........
  4. Ranger SVO

Rear Sway Bar Question

I have a 5/8-inch rear sway bar on my 93 Ranger. The other day I saw a listing for a rear sway bar so I contacted the seller. He stated it was a 3/4-inch. I cannot find proof that Ranger had a 3/4-inch rear bar. Did Ranger ever use a 3/4-inch sway bar?
  5. Ranger SVO

DJM 4/5 and tire fitment advice

I wanted to keep my truck as simple as possible. On the rear, I did a simple shackle flip. The drop was about 2-1/2 inches. I also added a rear sway bar. The 16-inch rims are from a 2005 FX4 Ranger. 225/60R16 match the original 225/70R14 very close. To lower the front, I use coils from a...
  6. Ranger SVO

Working On Ranger Again

Its part of the family, I bought it in 1995. An alignment is next. Looks like camber decreased. I'm estimating a 1-inch drop is close to a 1-degree drop in camber. The high rate springs definitely changed the way it handles. These coils are definitely stiffer than the original. I still think...
  7. Ranger SVO

Working On Ranger Again

Its been a while since I posted here. I quit driving my Ranger 7-8 years ago, driving less than 250 miles a year just to keep things working. I was cleaning out my garage last year and I stumbled on a pair of coil springs. I completely forgot about them; I pulled these springs from a Ranger...
  8. Ranger SVO

Not Driving Ranger Enough???

I retired the Ranger SVO a few years back. Last year I drove it just over 300 miles, this year (reset the odometer every Jan 1) I have put 102 miles on it so far. I was gonna take her out today and saw this I really need to drive it more
  9. Ranger SVO

Retireing The Ranger SVO

After 18 years of outstanding and exemplary service my 1993 Ranger SVO is being retired. Its amazing that after 210,000 miles the truck still runs just as good as the day I bought it in 1995. :beer: The Ranger will still be driven, but not more than a 100 - 200 miles a month. List of thing...
  10. Ranger SVO

USRSF (a post from my local paper)

This was posted in my local paper Thursday
  11. Ranger SVO

Replaced 1993 Tail Lights with 2000

I just replaced the tail lights on my 1993 Ranger with a set from a 2000 Ranger. It does look a lot better. I ran into one minor issue, the passenger side turn signal bulb wiring was a little on the short side. I could force the bulb in place (and I did) but I decided to extend the wire about...
  12. Ranger SVO

Fog Light Bracket Question

I got my fog light valence painted last week and installed today. I need to install the fog lights. What do the fog light brackets look like? I can make them, no problem, but I need to see a set. Now I really need to know what the factory fog light brackets look like. I can weld me up a...
  13. Ranger SVO

Custom Grill For My Ranger

OK, the SVO hood was built last year for my Ranger. Now I need to do a custom grill. I saw all the available grills for the Ranger and I am NOT impressed. So, Like the hood, I'll have to build my own. Here is my vision But I'm not sure how to start this grill.
  14. Ranger SVO

Let's see what's out there....

This is what my 93 Ranger looks like.
  15. Ranger SVO

The Truth about Splash Ranger Coil Springs

As far as I know there are no identfing marks on the Splash Springs and your right. My Ranger is not a Splash and it has Splash springs on it. That picture is from the truck my springs came from.
  16. Ranger SVO

The Truth about Splash Ranger Coil Springs

They are the same. You're right, not all Splash Srings are the same, the ones we want can be identified by the code in the door. The code for the performance oriented (and lowering) Slash Spring is KK Sorry about the bad cell phone pic The KK spring for the 4-cyl and 6-cyl are the same...
  17. Ranger SVO

what is need to do for flipping the shackles?

No, I did not change the shocks. I did change the sway bar bushings while the bed was off.
  18. Ranger SVO

what is need to do for flipping the shackles?

The bolts are 7/16-inch by 1-inch long. I used a lock washer plus a self locking nut. The tech library says use a 3/8, but the 7/16 fits the holes much tighter.
  19. Ranger SVO

Rear sway bar?

Here is the rear swaybar on my Ranger. The swaybar came off a Ranger Splash
  20. Ranger SVO

Rear Swaybar

My 93 Ranger was not equipped with a rear swaybar. But about two weeks ago, I was out at the local wrecking yard, FM600 Wrecking Yard and I saw a Ranger Splash with a rear sway bar. I went back yesterday with a friend of mine and the Splash was gone :bawling:, bummer. Just for fun we...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad