• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. Ranger SVO

Rear Sway Bar Question

I have a 5/8-inch rear sway bar on my 93 Ranger. The other day I saw a listing for a rear sway bar so I contacted the seller. He stated it was a 3/4-inch. I cannot find proof that Ranger had a 3/4-inch rear bar. Did Ranger ever use a 3/4-inch sway bar?
  2. Ranger SVO

Working On Ranger Again

Its been a while since I posted here. I quit driving my Ranger 7-8 years ago, driving less than 250 miles a year just to keep things working. I was cleaning out my garage last year and I stumbled on a pair of coil springs. I completely forgot about them; I pulled these springs from a Ranger...
  3. Ranger SVO

Not Driving Ranger Enough???

I retired the Ranger SVO a few years back. Last year I drove it just over 300 miles, this year (reset the odometer every Jan 1) I have put 102 miles on it so far. I was gonna take her out today and saw this I really need to drive it more
  4. Ranger SVO

Retireing The Ranger SVO

After 18 years of outstanding and exemplary service my 1993 Ranger SVO is being retired. Its amazing that after 210,000 miles the truck still runs just as good as the day I bought it in 1995. :beer: The Ranger will still be driven, but not more than a 100 - 200 miles a month. List of thing...
  5. Ranger SVO

USRSF (a post from my local paper)

This was posted in my local paper Thursday
  6. Ranger SVO

Replaced 1993 Tail Lights with 2000

I just replaced the tail lights on my 1993 Ranger with a set from a 2000 Ranger. It does look a lot better. I ran into one minor issue, the passenger side turn signal bulb wiring was a little on the short side. I could force the bulb in place (and I did) but I decided to extend the wire about...
  7. Ranger SVO

Fog Light Bracket Question

I got my fog light valence painted last week and installed today. I need to install the fog lights. What do the fog light brackets look like? I can make them, no problem, but I need to see a set. Now I really need to know what the factory fog light brackets look like. I can weld me up a...
  8. Ranger SVO

Custom Grill For My Ranger

OK, the SVO hood was built last year for my Ranger. Now I need to do a custom grill. I saw all the available grills for the Ranger and I am NOT impressed. So, Like the hood, I'll have to build my own. Here is my vision But I'm not sure how to start this grill.
  9. Ranger SVO

Rear Swaybar

My 93 Ranger was not equipped with a rear swaybar. But about two weeks ago, I was out at the local wrecking yard, FM600 Wrecking Yard and I saw a Ranger Splash with a rear sway bar. I went back yesterday with a friend of mine and the Splash was gone :bawling:, bummer. Just for fun we...
  10. Ranger SVO

Ranger SVO Hood

The one thing my Ranger has always been missing, has been the SVO Hood. So I finally decided to do something about it. First I needed a Mustang SVO hood and fiberglass is NOT gonna work. I located an SVO hood last month so the project has begun The High School I teach at has an excellent...
  11. Ranger SVO

Will It Fit

I find these forums very helpful except when we want to know if a factory wheel will fit a different year model truck. I got a couple of maybes and a few "you might need a spacer. But I never got an answer. I want to replace my factory 1993 Ranger 14x6 inch rims with the rims from a 2005 Ranger...
  12. Ranger SVO

Crown Vic wheel on a Ranger?

OK Explorer wheels are out. Backspacing and offset are all wrong on the really good looking wheels. Seems that only the 1st and 2nd generation Explorer wheels may work and no really good looking wheels on those trucks. So what about the Crown Vic?? This wheel (17 x 7 )was used on the Crown...
  13. Ranger SVO

Explorer Wheels on a Ranger??????

I would like to replace the 14-inch OEM wheels on my Ranger with a set of 17-inch OEM wheels from a 2002 Ford Explorer Limited. Tire diameter will not be a problem, I plan on running a set of 235/50R17 which has nearly the same diameter as the stock 225/70R14 (its within a 1/4-inch) I know...
  14. Ranger SVO

What Else Should I Check (CEL)

Are there any Ford mechanics here? On the way home Thursday my Check Engine Light came on. And I had a lot of codes. 218, 222, 223, 224 and 334. What a bummer Anyway, after checking things out, I replaced the front coil pack, and the plug wires. Code 334, the EGR Position sensor checked...
  15. Ranger SVO

Will this Header fit a 93 Ranger?

How much difference is there between the 90 and the 93 Ranger? So will these headers fit my 93? http://racerwalsh.zoovy.com/product/RWA1300_R/RWA1300_R__header_4_cylinder_Ranger.html If not why not?????
  16. Ranger SVO

Alpine For Christmas

Look what I got for Christmas. I can't believe it, the owner of the shop went to one of our competitors and bought it for me. I never thought that my Kenwood would go away after all these years.
  17. Ranger SVO

Low EGR Flow Detected

Are there any mechanics here????????????? I recently had a "Check Engine Light" come on in my truck, it only came on the one time. I posted this thread. http://www.therangerstation.com/forums/showthread.php?t=22063 Well it came on again, same code. I really need to fix this. The EGR system...
  18. Ranger SVO

Cruise Control

I've been PMed a couple of times with cruise questions so I've decided to post a little info here. First, I dont use vaccuum cruises. Performance is marginal at best. I install around 200 cruise controls a year and I don't have time for problems. Electronic Cruise controls are very reliable...
  19. Ranger SVO

Code 111 and Code 332

The other day (tuesday) the Check Engine Light came on in my truck. Now it only stayed on for a few minutes. It has not come on again. Today (saturday), I decided to retrive the stored codes. The first code was code 111, which means everything is OK or system Pass The only other code was code...
  20. Ranger SVO

Video Ipod

OK, my truck has a DVD player in it and two monitors. But DVD, like CD's are getting old. Since I installed an Ipod interface I have not had a CD in my truck since Feb 05. I can put 45 albums on my Ipod So recently I began to wonder, why not use a video Ipod instead of a DVD player. So far...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad