• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. cape_royds

Empty bolt-holes in bellhousing?

Looking underneath my truck (2011 std cab base model 2.3L auto) the other day, I noticed that there were a couple of empty threaded holes in the bellhousing. I have attached a photo. Are those holes meant to be left w/o bolts? I tried looking for online images of the underside of a Ranger to...
  2. cape_royds

Engine Oil Additive? (probably stupid question)

Thanks! That sets my paranoid mind at ease.
  3. cape_royds

Engine Oil Additive? (probably stupid question)

I was at the local Ford dealership today for regular interval service (2011 4-cyl Ranger with 24,000 km). The dealer put in an engine oil additive ("conditioner", part # BG-110) with the change. When I got home, I checked the owner's manual and it specifically advises against using oil...
  4. cape_royds

Bigger tires gave me better mpg..

ES894X4 is right. The speed reduction, which disproportionately reduces the amount of drag, is the decisive factor in the mileage improvement.
  5. cape_royds

4-cylinder MPG question

With my 2011 reg cab 2.3 L auto, I obtained 30 mpg on a recent highway trip into the British Columbia interior (math: 580 km from 44.5 litres of fuel, which means about 360 miles on 11.75 US gallons). For those Canadian readers who prefer the Transport Canada type of fuel economy figures...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad