• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. Electrical problem. Relay, maybe?

Just to update....turned out the battery terminals I put on were...kinda flimsy. I swapped them out for a set that's a bit beefier and it's been fine for a few weeks now. Thanks for the help everybody :)
  2. Electrical problem. Relay, maybe?

Didn't make a difference. I cleaned the forward and the firewall straps, bolts, studs, wire ends with 220 sandpaper. I got back in the truck after I got it together, dead....for a few cycles of the key before everything "woke up". I do have headlights when the interior and dash is dead.
  3. Electrical problem. Relay, maybe?

Something I haven't checked is that body ground strap. I'll have a look at it tomorrow. Thank you.
  4. Electrical problem. Relay, maybe?

I've done this. This is also not the only battery in the truck since it began, and i've changed the terminals too. Also pulled the positive cable and feed wires from the solenoid and cleaned them all up. Is there somewhere else I should be looking?
  5. Electrical problem. Relay, maybe?

I thought that too, but that wouldn't affect the dome light when I open the door, would it?
  6. Electrical problem. Relay, maybe?

Hey all, hoping this is the right place to post this. I've got a '97 4wd, 4.0, 5 speed. Off and on for a few years now, occasionally when I get in the truck there's no dome light, and when I turn the key, no dash lights, no crank. Sometimes the dash lights are on very dimly. Sometimes I hear...
  7. Electric Fan Kit?

Have you done this conversion? Has it been reliable?
  8. 4.0 OHV oil pan gasket

This is my work truck. Most of the time I'm on commercial or industrial sites, but every now and then I get a residential project, and can't leave oil spots on somebody's driveway. I can carry cardboard, but that looks tacky and unprofessional. I'd rather fix the leak.
  9. 4.0 OHV oil pan gasket

Hey all, Looks like I'm going to have to replace the oil pan gasket on my '97, 4.0, 4wd. It's got the TTB front setup. Will the motor have to come out, and can I just raise enough to gain clearance? Anything else I should be aware/concerned about along the way?
  10. Live axle conversion.

Just to update. I finished this conversion about a month ago, but my work's been crazy, and I haven't driven it too much (drive the '97 to work). I've run one tank through it, and about half of another. Typically, since I bought the truck I've been getting between 220 and 240 miles per tank. I...
  11. ABS wiring sources

I'm about to do a hub conversion on my Ranger. The abs connectors are different on the setup I'll be running. Does anybody have a source for the wiring schematic so I can cross the wiring colors on the abs wires? I'm assuming they're specific, signal and ground.
  12. Live axle conversion.

I understand you guys don't think it's something worth doing. I haven't set my head on it, but I'm still thinking about it anyway. Can anybody answer my questions above?
  13. Live axle conversion.

Why is there a potential issue with the ABS? Forgive me, but I'm new to this truck, and don't (yet) understand all of it's systems. I understand the foreseen cost-effectiveness on the MPG aspect, but what about wear and tear on the front diff, cv's, driveshaft, transfer case? My '97's got 298k...
  14. Live axle conversion.

Hey all, I've got a 2011 4wd Ranger. I've been considering the conversion to manual hubs since I got the truck, as I don't offroad, and the only time I need 4wd is when it snows here, which isn't much any more. To add to it I'd like to see if it ups my MPG at all. Recently I've found that I've...
  15. Aftermarket alarm door locks

I've found the oem wire listings, but my alarm has a 3 wire plug for the locks. One for lock, one for unlock, and one labelled 12v. Not sure where the 12v wire needs to go. Is it supposed to feed a relay (if the truck didn't have oem PL's), or am I supposed to add 12v to that wire? I've also...
  16. Aftermarket alarm door locks

Hey all, I just installed the alarm in my 2011 Ranger, and all is well. One thing I'm missing is the power locks. My truck has them, and I've got a good working factory FOB, but I want to set it up to use my alarm FOB. The aftermarket alarm has the function, I'm just having trouble locating a...
  17. Smart Junction Box connectors

Hey all, I'm in the process of stereo and alarm install on my '11 Ranger. I'm at the point of needing to tap into a wire on the SJB, and wanted to pull the connector to verify the pin count. I've never been into a box like this, so i'm looking for help getting the connector off. It's got a...
  18. Rockers

Hey all, Wasn't sure where to post this, but here it is. I recently bought a 2011 XLY 4wd 5-spd Ranger. I've had my '97 since 2001, and pretty much know my way around it, but this '11 is uncharted to me. One thing I've noticed is the hollow, and open rockers on it. If I open either front door...
  19. Truck shopping

Hey all, I need a little educating. I've got a '97, 4wd, 4.0, 5-speed, with about 285k on it, and she's begun showing her age (rusting). I got it with about 60k, so I've had it a good, long while. It sits up a bit, and has Wrangler RT/S tires on it, and it shows nicely with the ride-height. It's...
  20. Cruise control

Not sure I'm in the right forum for this, but has anybody added cruise to their truck? Is it a pain? Expensive? My trusty (and rusty) 97's having issues, so I'm looking at an '09. Decent truck, but I need cruise.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad