• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. Parking brake disconnect

I have a 97 extended cab w/4.0L auto and rear drums. I think the right rear parking brake is stuck engaged, thus locking the rear wheel in drive. Can I disconnect that side parking brake and will the left still work? All new parts, but the shoes will not seat against the top post. The truck has...
  2. Code 756

I'm getting an intermittant 756 code (B solenoid no output). Its supposed to be a tranny code, but theres noyhing in my manual except the description. Any info???
  3. mal Code 453

I'm getting intermittant code 453. Didn't get until I went from 14" tires to 16" tires. Haynes book no help.
  4. Remote Mirrors

I'm swapping over from manual mirrors to electric ones. I can't find the three wires that control the mirrors and where they go or where I can tap the signal that controls them. The mirrors came from a Ranger, the switch from an exploder. Thanks in Advance:beer:
  5. 97 2wd Vibration

I have a SEVERE vibration when I start out from a stop. It doesn't happen all the time. It happens in reverse also. Usually I can accelerate out of it. Sometimes it lasts for several blocks. Its severe enough that I can't go 5mph. When it smooths out, it drives like a champ. Work done recently...
  6. Wheel Size on a 97 2wd

I have a chance to get 4 wheels and rubber (good tread) off of a 2001 2dr Exploder. Tire size is P235/75/16. Will I have any scrubbing issues up front as the truck has not been lifted. My truck has the P225/70/14 right now and these wheels are cheaper then buying new 14"s Thanks in Advance
  7. 2001 Pioneer Head Unit

Does anyone have the schematic for the 2001 head unit that I can install in my 97 Ranger? It fits perfectly but I can't find any schematics on Internet searches Makes it kind of hard to install. The head unt is the Pioneer 1l2f-18c815-la
  8. PO 401 Code

Sets daily, or every other day. Have re-replaced the dpfe, and the valve above it. Idled engine, sucked on egr valve and it stumbled like I think its supposed to. Had this problem about a year ago. Changed everything in the egr system including the o2 sensors and cat. What next?
  9. CB antenna mount locations

I've been using a magnetic mount, (through thr third brake light). My garage door took care of that tonight. Has anyone ever tried a permanent mount on the bed rail top or a mirror mount instead of on the roof? Was there a difference in reception and did the SWR's change for the worse. I have a...
  10. Front 2wd spindles

Any suggestions on where to buy new spindles, besides Ford? I'd prefer to have the ball joints already pressed in but thats not a big deal. Thanks
  11. OBD Codes 171 & 174

I get these codes when the gas tank is between 3/4 and full. It also only happens in the cold weather. (I live near Cleveland) The code reader says both systems are running lean. My manuel has nothing on these codes. Any help would be GREATLY appreciated. Its a 1997 4.0 with auto, 2wd, and...
  12. 14 to 15 Rims

I have a 97 2WD extended cab with P225/14 tires and factory alloy rims. Can I put a 15 inch (or even 16) rim with the same backspacing? I'm looking for ease here, not major mods. Theres no lift kit of any kind, thr truck is stock.
  13. Ignition Coil

Any wisdom on changing the ignition coil? Plugs and wires have less then 20k on them. The coil pack is probably original with 216k+ miles.
  14. PO401 Insufficient EGR flow

I get this code on a daily basis. I have a 1997 2wd ext cab 4L. I've changed the EGR valve and pipe to exhaust, the two small modules above the EGR valve, the three O2 sensors, mass air flow sensor and the cat converter. (OEM style) Yet the code remains. When I read the code, I can then erase...
  15. OEM vs Universal

Can a single universal converter be used to replace the dual oem converters? I have a 1997 2wd extended cab with a 4.0 and 212,000 miles.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad