• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. yodaman1151

Dana 35 gear swap question

Will this install kit be sufficient for freshening up my diff with my new gears? http://m.autopartswarehouse.com/sku/Ford/Explorer/Motive_Gear/Ring_And_Pinion_Installation_Kit/1994/XLT/6_Cyl_4-dot-0L/M92R35FR.html
  2. yodaman1151

85 with 93 4.0L fuel gelled...

So i have an 85 with a 4.0 swapped in it. Long story short I redid all the wiring and put a 94 dash in to minimize the splices. I've been trying to make it run with the 91 harness originally used to do the swap (by the PO) it's been getting harder and harder to start and running worse and worse...
  3. yodaman1151

4.0 swap engine ID please help.

Got this 85 with a 4.0 OHV swapped in and started tearing it apart having to fix the alternator wiring and some other stuff. Well it will run fine for about 10 minutes till it gets warm (I think) then it loads up and chokes itself unless you give it throttle. Now I went to the JY today to look...
  4. yodaman1151

91 dash into 85 ranger

I plan on swapping wiring and the dash from a 91 into my 85. My question is do I need to swap the steering column too? Or will the plastic pieces mount to the older column Thanks ahead of time
  5. yodaman1151

4.0 swap guys please help.

Bought an 85 that had a 2.9 and someone swapped in a 4.0 they did an extremely terrible job and I've had to chase several things down to get it to run... My question is: if I get a dash and the cab and under hood harness' should I only have to splice the lighting and fuel pump wires? I did a...
  6. yodaman1151

Trs banner in oregon.

So I'm picking up the banner from hahns tomorrow. I'm headed to just outside heppner the last week of the month so I'm trying to see of there is much of an interest in that area to maybe come up and sign it while I'm out that way. I'm not driving so if you can't meet me along the way there isn't...
  7. yodaman1151

msd ignition

i did some research and didnt find a whole lot of info. msd makes a direct plug in adapter for the TFI on mustangs... will that plug into my truck? is it worth the extra money to put a multi-spark ignition on my truck? basically i plan on doing a 4.0 or maybe ill plug the 5.0 in there if i feel...
  8. yodaman1151

3.0 taurus ECC will run an '87 2.9L

This came out of my 87 2.9L ranger. Long story short the little ground wire fell off the negative battery cable and killed the truck... I thought it was just the fuel pumps not turning on. Traced it to the ECC being the ground off the relay. So I though it was a bad ECC. Pulled it to find it was...
  9. yodaman1151

d30 crossover steering

hey guys i was looking at my axle and want to do crossover steering but it looks like the knuckles might have too short of "arms" for the steering mount. can you guys post up pics how you did yours? ideas would be greatly appreciated
  10. yodaman1151

Exhaust flange bolt removal

any tips or tricks for getting the lower bolt off the manifold flange so I can replace my donut gasket on my 2.9? We had a nice Mac 1/2" impact but the power was lost in the u-joint, soaked in pb blaster, heated with propane torch, pounded on manifold with a hammer and punch... Even tried using...
  11. yodaman1151

Join the fight!

Not sure if this has been posted but I read about this in peterson's today, SEMA has a group that lobbies to the government to help fight against shutting down trails, making stupid rules to keep trucks/cars off the roads. learn more and join the cause here...
  12. yodaman1151

1 piece driveline swap

i've done a little research and read the tech article but i can't find if the 2wd extended cab drivelines are the same length as the 4wd ones. i'm tired of my 2 piece eating u joints so as soon as i know this i can continue tracking down a driveline. thanks in advance
  13. yodaman1151

what size hiems?

hey so i'm doing a D30 swap and i wanna use hiems and build customs arms. with that said i'm ordering them from ruff stuff cuz they sell them in pairs with jam nuts, misalignment spacers and tube adapters. My question is which size do i need. i'm looking at the 3/4 or 7/8"... the 3/4" doesn't...
  14. yodaman1151

more driveline questions

ok so i did some research and can't seem to find what i'm looking for... so my truck has the two piece rear drive line. the yoke that is right behind the carrier bearing has "stretched". let me explain, i'm getting some vibration and i've replaced that joint twice in the last couple months.. it...
  15. yodaman1151

running different gear ratios front/back

so first off i want you to know that I know it is bad to run different gear ratios front and rear that it stresses the parts such as u-joints and the t-case. my question is... can i run 3.54 front and 3.45 rear? can anyone tell me exactly what kind of damage i can expect? i'm really asking this...
  16. yodaman1151

yet another person wasting time on a D30

so i got my axle, trying to decide coils or leafs. i'm doing this project on the cheap cheap.... i want to know if i can use my current 4.5" lift coils or if i do have to get XJ coils? if i can use my current ones i want to do coils but if not i'll do leafs just for simplicity. I've done a ton...
  17. yodaman1151

Goat Mtn 4.10.10 (lots a pics)

me and my buddy decided to hit up the mountain on saturday... got stuck A LOT ha ha need to invest in a winch.
  18. yodaman1151

yodaman1151's 87 supercab STX

this will be my first build thread so enjoy! Bought this truck about a month ago, paid $625 and drove it an hour and a half home. specs -87 supercab STX -2.9L V6 -4" suspension lift (don't know brand) -3" body lift (hex shaped bushings?) -FM145 tranny -33" Thornbirds -3.45 stock gears open f/r...
  19. yodaman1151

Rear "radius arms"?

So my rear end wobbles, bearings are fine, tires are balanced... I don't have a rear swaybar. I've been looking at fabbing rear trac bars or radius arms whatever they should be called... Any opinions? Will I lose flex? I plan on using hiem joints on both the frame and the axle
  20. yodaman1151

FWIW I'm back!!

i tried the toyota scene for a while cuz my buddies are into them and i had to sell the bronco II to pay for bills. well i wheeled the toyota it was stock with the 22re and 31's. my bronco could've out wheeled it all day long so i sold it and picked up this 86 ranger supercab stx with 4"...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad