• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. more troubles

well lately it takes my truck about 6-9 seconds of cranking before it starts then it chuggs badly and almost dies, but once you put it into reverse or drive its fine. then you are done drivng and put into park it almost dies again and then goes back to the chugging and loopy idle
  2. think shes done...

well my freeze plug finally rusted thru... the one behind the tranny... i dont have the money or time to get it fixed.. i heard that you can try to use a sealant and put in the radiator and it might seal up the leak? idk what else to do besides sell it for a loss :pissedoff: what makes me mad...
  3. cat or not?

i'm going with some JBA headers and a dual cat back exhaust, my question is will it sound better, worse, louder, wit the cat converter? i know i'm suppose to have one to be street legal.. but i can make a sacrafise
  4. cold air intakes

i know they dont make a cold air intake for the 2.9 but do any of these http://www.autopartswarehouse.com/search/?N=1616&Ntt=ford+ranger+cold+air+intake work for the 2.9?
  5. long block questions

well, my old 2.9 has seen its better days, and seems to be having more and more problems with it so i saw http://www.automotivepartsworld.com/engines/product-for_2900lb.html this and i figured i could buy this and its close to having a new motor, whats your guys opinions with it.. is it worth...
  6. temp. question

latley my temp. guage is way higher than it normally is its above the line for hot, and them will go down and up but will stay way up there... could this just be a bad guage becuse performance or anything isnt affected
  7. leaking coolant

i finally got my valve cover gaskets redone, and i started and realized there was something leaking from under my truck.. i figured it was just snow that was melting but nope it was coolant leaking from what looked like where the transmission mounts to the motor? any help
  8. bad thermostat?

well lately when i drive my ranger i get none or very little heat, and yesterday when i was driving it went from below cold to over the hot mark in labout 30seconds, i'm thinking maybe my thermostat is stuck closed?
  9. cracked heads?

well i was replacing my valve cover gaskets, and when i took off the covers i found this suprise, does this mean i got cracked heads?

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad