• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. Yard cleanup

I need to get this stuff out of my yard. I have 2 Rangers and and Explorer. 1. 89 Ranger 4x4 Supercab- 2.9, world products heads, JBA chrome headers, 4.10 D-28 & 7.5 with Lock right lockers, 5 speed M5OD from 4.0, 4.0 clutch, 4.0 radiator, steel ladder rack, aluminium tool box, and all the rust...
  2. cam syncro won't come out

I'm working on a 96 4.0, and I'm trying to remove the cam syncro, I have removed the hold down clamp and have tried twisting, pulling, prying, swearing, and pounding on it and I cannot get it out. Does anyone have any ideas on how I could loosen this thing to remove it short of pulling the...
  3. 96 4.0 into 2000 explorer

I am swapping a 4.0 out of a 96 explorer sport into a 2000 explorer, the 4.0 in it had head issues and was a milkshake maker. What problems will I encounter in making the swap? It looks like I will have to find a flexplate for the 96 as it has 6 bolt holes and the one on the 2000 has 8. Can I...
  4. 4.0 Pulled now what?

I am swapping a 96 4.0 out of an exploder sport into a 2000 4dr exploder, the engine out of the 96 has about 130,000 miles on it. I was thinking of going over the engine and sealing it up (new gaskets etc.) is there anything that I really should do before I put it in? Thanks, Brian

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad