• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. Looking for a 4x4 ranger in the Detroit MI area

Title says it all. I’m looking for a reliable 4x4 ranger in the Detroit MI area, please message me if you have one. thank you
  2. Vibration (Not sure where to post)

I have a 91 4x4 Ranger with the 2.9l. Auto trans/t-case. Above 60mph I get a decent vibration, Nothing dangerous just makes me want to avoid the freeway. Tires are balanced and have no slipped belts or issues. Below 60 the truck rides pretty smooth for what it is. But as you left off the gas...
  3. 91 Ranger, odd process to engage 4wd

As the title says, I have to go through a rather weird process to engage 4wd. I recently bought this 91 2.9l 4x4 Ranger for my winter beater. It has the automatic hubs and transfer case (which are 2 things I was trying to avoid, but the price was soooooo right). In order to get the truck to...
  4. Charging system help!?

I've searched through the posts and can't find a problem like this. So hopefully someone can help before i break down and take it to a ..... Shop :shok: The truck is a 94, 2.3l, 5spd. Basic DD Ranger. My battery light randomly flickered while the electrical system was under loads (Headlights...
  5. My 96 Turbo Ranger

Just thought it was time to show off my latest, mostly complete, project truck. Interior Modifications: T5 Trans, Racing buckets ( El Cheapo's!), Boost gauge and pyrometer on the A-Pillar, LED's behind the stock gauges, and a pioneer headunit. Under the hood: 1987 Thunder Turbocoupe...
  6. Thump/Rattle noise... Help?

I'm getting a thumping/rattling noise.. It feels like something is hitting the driver side floor board. The weird thing is, it only occurs when turning left. If its a slow, smooth turn, No noise. But if i accelerate more or hit a slight bump, pot hole or anything larger in the left turn, I get a...
  7. 88 2.3T... Getting it Ready!

Alright, I just got the 88 turbocoupe motor on my engine stand. I'm planning on "prepping" it for install. I want to replace the head gasket, valve cover gasket, oil pan gasket, turbo gasket, intake/exhaust manifolds gaskets and the rear main seal. I just want to make sure im not going to have...
  8. Turbo Muffler

What are you Turbo guys running as a Muffler? I don't want a "Ricer/Tuner/Weed Whacker" sound. I heard a chambered muffler is bad for the turbo.... Then again, You can't believe everything you hear. I just want some real information, It'll be appreciated! Thanks -Davis
  9. 2.3T maintenance.

I'm going to be swapping in the 2.3T into my Ranger, In the near future and I was just curious as to what plugs and oil to use. I'm new to the Turbo scene and I just want to run what's best for the motor. If there is anything else "special" I need to be aware of, please let me know. Any and all...
  10. Sloppy Trans issue....

Driving home from work today I realized my trans has a lot of play..... It wasn't like this yesterday. When I take off in first my shifter moves to the right pretty far, under acceleration..... Then when I'm in any other gear, there is a little bit of play.... I have a 1994 2.3l with the...
  11. Wasn't sure where to post this....

I'm finally getting the parts I need to Turbo my Truck! I'm going to be running the 2.3T from an 88 Turbo-coupe, The stock ranger M5oD trans, 4.10 gears/Posi, With 30x9.50R15 Tires. I'm not looking to make a race truck, by any means, just something that will keep up with a few more cars on...
  12. Electrical Mystery

So, About a month ago, I started getting a weird problem with my rear taillights. When I used my blinkers the front would flash accordingly but the rear blinkers would flash together (Hazards). Then, about a week after that started, Every time I applied my brake, my blinkers would light up with...
  13. Possibly getting a new Ranger this Monday!

I found a 1998 4x4 Ranger! 4.0l, 5 speed, single cab, White in color. I hope it's worth the 4,000$ price tag, But I haven't heard it run or test drove it yet. That'll happen Monday! It's very clean and it was Ziebarted within the first year, If it wasn't I'm sure it would have been a rust bucket...
  14. Front bumper

I have a 1994 Ranger.... The front bumper is starting to sit uneven and I checked underneath, behind, etc and I can't figure out why. I'm guessing that he 14 years of michigan (rust) is catching up. Are there any other year (other than 93-97) bumpers that would bolt on without TOO much...
  15. Quick brake light question.

I have a 94 Ranger, and the pads are pretty worn up front. I'm just curious, Is there a sensor that triggers the abs and brake light (in the gauges) when the pads are worn? The abs light comes on randomly during braking and stays on until i shut off the vehicle. The brake light comes on during...
  16. Advice for winter??

I'm looking to get my 2wd ranger to perform well in the snow. I live in Detroit and we get hit pretty hard on occasion. What do you guys suggest?? I'll probably order Traction bars and load the bed down.... Besides that, I have a 7.5" Open diff as of now. I want to keep the same rear, just...
  17. 2" lift shocks

I currently have a set of 2" leveling coils on my truck with rancho rs5000 shocks. I was just wondering if they make 2" lift shocks?? If so does anyone know of any brands? I checked jcwhitney, where i got my current shocks, the next level up are 2 1/2" lift, would those work?
  18. Leveling coils question....

I found 4wd leveling coils for a 93, brand new for 20$. Will they work on a 1994 2wd? -Thanks Davis
  19. Is this a kit??

http://ssautochrome.com/level.itml/icOid/1716 I found that site while researching turbo information. Is it worth buying?? Thanks for any input!
  20. 2.3l Port/Polish.... Need advice

Hey everyone! I was searching around in the threads to find some info, but I didn't find what I needed, So Here's my thread. I'm going to Turbo my 1994 2.3l sometime down the line. But for now I want to prepare it for the turbo. This is my daily driver so I can't really do things that will take...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad