• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. 1994Ranger$$$pit

Ranger years/dependability

I think a lot depends on the color of the truck when it comes to body rust. My 1994 is Bright Calypso green and it looks pretty good. Noticed a lot of Rangers this color have less rust. And I live in the salt belt Mass. BTW, I've changed just about everything on this vehicle(sometimes multiple...
  2. 1994Ranger$$$pit

New from SW Missouri

Welcome. I used to spend a lot of time in that area of the country on business. Mostly the Joplin area. Your lucky not to live in an area that uses salt a lot in winter.
  3. 1994Ranger$$$pit

Rear Brake Adjuster Arm not Tickling Little Star

Yeah, they gave you the kit for the 10 inch brake instead of the 9 inch. I got the exact opposite when I did mine. The cable was too short. Depends if you have the Dana 35 in that truck.
  4. 1994Ranger$$$pit

Truck won't start after it stalls

Perhaps it's the cam position sensor. Can you get it on a OB2 reader to get codes?
  5. 1994Ranger$$$pit

Oil Sensor Question

$100? They're like $10 at the parts store.
  6. 1994Ranger$$$pit

Possible PCM problem

The relay tested good. I ended up changing out the PCM to a rebuilt and everything seems to be back to normal. Truck is running good and CEL is on at every first click key turn. I'll post if something happens in the next week. Truck is a 94 so old module. Guessing maybe something in the PCM that...
  7. 1994Ranger$$$pit

Possible PCM problem

I have 1994 Ranger 4.0 and have a strange issue with my truck starting. It cranks,has spark but the fuel pump was not running at key on. Checked fuses and relay, all good. Pulled the bed and changed out the fuel pump. Truck started right away. But, on the 5th try the issue returned and cranking...
  8. 1994Ranger$$$pit

Crank no start issue

Hi gang, Hoping somebody can lead me in the right direction with this. I have: 1994 Ford Ranger 4.0 4x4. Earlier this week I had a crank no start issue when leaving work. Cranked 4 times and it stated finally. Made it almost home and it died while driving. Like a kill switch was pushed...
  9. 1994Ranger$$$pit

Been I while

At least 4 years since visiting. Came on here about 2 years ago and it said the site had been compromised. Anyways, still have the 94 Ranger. Pulled the bad last summer and chassis saved it. Just had a new exhaust system put on and 4 new tires. Maybe I'll get some pictures up if it ever stops...
  10. 1994Ranger$$$pit

Creaking noise from steering column

Anybody ever experience a dry creaking noise that seems to come from the steering column cover? Looks like the inside boot on the firewall is pretty messed up. Just curious if anybody every dug in to find the problem. 1994 Ford Ranger XLT 4.0 4x4 Auto trans.
  11. 1994Ranger$$$pit

I just scored a front bumper for my 94

Same guy I got the rear bumper from. This is awesome, now I can replace my rusty ole front bumper also.:headbang: Got the valance and everything for $75. What do yall think? How much of a pain is it to get the old one off? Any online places to get replacement fog lights? TIA. This site has...
  12. 1994Ranger$$$pit

Occasional CEL

Pulled codes 1994 4.0 and got a 0136 lean bank #2. Truck has 160K on it and O2 sensors look OEM. I will check for vacuum hose leaks when it gets warmer out. Might just replace the EGR as well. I do get pinging and occasional smell like the truck is running rich. Any suggestions would be great. TIA.
  13. 1994Ranger$$$pit

Pulled some codes for occasional CEL

So I've been getting a CEL on my 94 that will come on and go off while driving. I changed the fuel cap but still get it occasionally. Also get a smell of gas once in a while. I decided to pull some codes via the CEL with a jumper on the EEC. Code 136 or P036 a couple times while engine running...
  14. 1994Ranger$$$pit

I scored a nice rear step bumper today

Off the truck,brackets pad, and even the rear plate lights. Beautiful shape 1998. Glad it was off,it's only 14 deg. today. Anyways, wondering what would be a good product to coat the inside of it with to keep rust at bay? My other bumper just had paper thin chrome in a couple places.
  15. 1994Ranger$$$pit

RABS to rear brake line

Interesting, the port at the rear of the RABS on my 94 Ranger is 11-1 mm or 7/16-24. It had a adapter to get it to 3/8-24 for common 3/16 line. I'm a machinist so I checked the pitch and size of the thread on the adapter. I vaguely remember my father putting that reducer in there the first time...
  16. 1994Ranger$$$pit

Yikes,two issues in one week!

First off, My power steering started to squeal when I backed into my parking spot yesterday. Notice the fluid is way down. Topped it off,but now I'm getting a puddle under the front left of the vehicle. I seem to be having a hard time locating the leak. It's not spraying and everything looks wet...
  17. 1994Ranger$$$pit

Funny Friday find

Check out this review "no instructions".:icon_rofl: Some people are just plain dumb. http://www.sears.com/campbell-hausfeld-tire-inflator-w-gauge/p-00988608000P?prdNo=3&blockNo=3&blockType=G3
  18. 1994Ranger$$$pit

Broken oil dipstick tube?

I was checking the oil in my 94 V6 a couple weeks ago and i noticed that the tube felt loose and felt like it was going to break. I have a feeling that it is rusted through and will break off pretty soon. Is there any way to replace this? or do I need to do something else about it? thanks in advance
  19. 1994Ranger$$$pit

High mileage oil?

Is this worth using? What is considered high mileage? My 94 Ranger has 160K.
  20. 1994Ranger$$$pit

Massachusetts members?

Just wondering if there is anybody in my neck of the woods.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad