• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. Explorer leaf spring codes?

My 86 B2 has the common (around here anyway) saggy rear and I'd like to put explorer leafs in the rear, but my local wreckers is asking me what code the explorer srings need to be. Apparently there are 3 codes, U, V and W. Which do I tell him? I checked out the V and W codes, some of them say...
  2. B-2600 engine swap?

Hey guy's, a friend of mine bought an 88 B-2600 with a blown motor, and I told him I'd ask if there was an easy engine swap for it. Anything out of a Ford bolt in? It has the 5 speed if that makes a difference. Oh, it's 4x4 too. Thanks.
  3. 2.8 stuff on a 2.9?

This is hypothetical (kind of) so bear with me. I hate electronics and always have, if I wanted to eliminate the fuel injection system on a 2.9, would swapping the intake, carb and other related parts off of a 2.8 work? I've seen it done on small block Chevs quite often, but is there some...
  4. 235's

Anyone got a picture of a stock height, or 2 inch lifted B2 with 235/75R15's on it? I'd like to see what they look like on the truck, and I'm planning on either leaving the thing stock height or lifting it 2 inches.
  5. Hypertech Module?

I was checking out Summits site yesterday and came across the Hypertech module for the 2.9, but it says it's only good for 87-89's? Whats the deal, I thought 86's would be the same, is there a difference in the computers? And is it really worth it anyway? All I was looking at doing was...
  6. Tire size?

O.K. I literally just got the B2 this week and can't remember if it's got 14" or 15" wheels. That being said, what would be the biggest tire I could go with on stock suspension with either size rim? My Mom had some all season passenger car tire put on the thing and I'd really like to go with...
  7. Hello from snow covered Alberta!

Hey everyone, just a quick hello and glad to be here. What an informative forum! My Mother just gave me her 86 B2 after about a year of me bitching that my 05 Kia made a crappy camping vehicle. Bone stock for now, but a few upgrades are in the works. Nothing major, just a nice reliable...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad