• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. jeff2761

Noisy 2.3

Hi Guys; I have a 96 2wd 2.3 shortbed that I bought used two years ago. Good dependable little truck that now has a touch over 200,000 miles. It's not real powerful but the mileage is definitely better than my old 300 f150. Anyway, the engine has been loud since I bought it. I've tried...
  2. jeff2761

Question about beds

Does anyone know if there is a difference in the size of an 87 Ranger stepside bed and a 96 stepside bed? I found a tonneau for my 96 but it's off an 87. Thanks in advance.
  3. jeff2761

Fender Removal Question

I have a small dent in the front drivers side fender of my 96 Ranger. I think I'm going to need to pound the dent out from the inside which will require removal of the fender. I know there are bolts/screws under the hood which will need removed and they are easily accessed. Are there any...
  4. jeff2761

Wiper Motor Relay

The wipers on my 96 Ranger will not work when the temps are cool but when I leave work in the evening and the weather is warmer they work fine. I believe it's a relay problem. Where is this relay located and even better if someone has a picture to post of the location. Thanks in advance.
  5. jeff2761

Dash Tach Question

I have a 96 Ranger with the 2.3 4 cyl engine. It has the basic gauge package and I'd like to get a factory replacement with a tachometer. There are several on ebay with various prices. Will gauges out of an Explore fit? If so, which years will fit in the 96. Also, where would I go to get the...
  6. jeff2761

Grill/Extension Installation

I searched the forums but was unable to locate an answer so here goes: I bought a stock plastic grill and extenders (the pieces that extend out from the grill and fit over the headlights) for my 96 Ranger. The grill install appears pretty straightforward but I'm having trouble with the...
  7. jeff2761

Fresh Air Intake Grill Question

Is there any way to remove the grill located in front of the windshield? I've got a leak in my cab and I need to see if there are leaves and "stuff" possibly clogging the drain and causing water to find it's way in. Thanks.
  8. jeff2761

Hard Shift Into Gear

I've got a 96 Ranger with the 2.3 gas engine and 5 spd. I'm assuming it has the Mazda tranny but I couldn't swear to it because I bought it used. My problem is it seems that at times 2nd gear is difficult to shift into. Could this be low fluid in my slave cylinder or possibly some other...
  9. jeff2761

Waterlogged Cab

Hi. My 96 regular cab appears to be structurally sound but after it rains I'm finding the passenger side floor soaked. The drivers side appears o.k. I bought the truck used about two months ago. The windshield was replaced back in 97 so I don't know if the seal is bad. Before I investigate...
  10. jeff2761

Windshield Wiper Problem

Hi. I have a 96 ranger with the 2.3 L engine, and manual transmission. The wipers are the intermittent type and won't operate until approximately 5 minutes after turning the switch on. I don't know if it's something heating up causing them to turn on or a faulty electrical connection. Anyone...
  11. jeff2761

Body Parts Swap

I've got a 96 Ranger that needs a few body parts. I found a 96 Mazda B2200parts truck in the local trader. Will parts interchange between these two vehicles? Thanks.
  12. jeff2761

Fiberglass Bed Question

I need to do some repair to my 96 flareside. I was told I needed to determine what type fiberglass the bed is made of in order to use the correct repair product. One type fiberglass mentioned was "smc". Does anyone know for sure what type fiberglass the bed and fenders are made of?

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad