• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. Towing across the country with a 2.3 duratec

Yup, sounds like a pod or the like is the best option for me. Really jumps the price point, but it's better than me sitting in Ohio somewhere with a blown transmission.
  2. Towing across the country with a 2.3 duratec

Thanks for the reply, I'll pick up some chains. Looks like I won't be towing anything. As for the trans cooler, would it be useful with a manual transmission? I thought that most heat comes from frequent shifting, so I was going to just keep it out of 5th and slow down.
  3. Towing across the country with a 2.3 duratec

Oh no, I made a big mistake. I thought the GCWR did not include the weight of the truck itself. The U-haul website also asked for the specs of the truck and cleared it to tow the 6x12. I'm not looking to do anything out of spec or illegally, guess I'll have to make other arrangements. I do...
  4. Towing across the country with a 2.3 duratec

Like the title says, I'm moving from MD to WA in January. I've got an 08 Ranger XLT with the 4 banger, plus some all terrains and a truetrac in the back. I figured I'd just rent a U-haul, load it up and go. The problem is, due to availability I think I'm going to have to rent a 6x12 trailer...
  5. Duratec 2.3l terrible gas mileage

See, I would expect 700-800 lbs to take off that much, but 240 just seemed like too little to rob me of that much. And I am seeing the mileage drop on the highway as well. I've driven a few tanks mostly on the highway and using cruise control 75% of the time while going more or less the speed...
  6. Duratec 2.3l terrible gas mileage

Hey all, I recently bought an 08 Ranger XLT with the 2.3l and a 5 speed. EPA says that the mileage should be 21/25 mpg, but I'm seeing 16/19 regularly. I'd like to think I don't drive like a maniac, but most of it is definitely city driving at relatively low speeds. The only things I've done to...
  7. LSD for an 08 Ranger XLT

Hello, New to these forums as a poster, but I've been lurking here since I bought my 08 Ranger XLT last month. It's my first truck, and I love it, however, I have a couple questions, both relating to traction and winter performance. Essentially, I'm looking to get the most traction and...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad