• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. Possible 79 Mustang Indy500 Pace Car Tribute Ranger Project

I've always wanted a 79 Pace Car Mustang, but their prices have gone through the roof in the last few years. So that got me thinking, I have a solid 92 Ranger just sitting in the garage collecting dust. Why not build it into a tribute to the Pace Car, may not be a Mustang but it can be fun and...
  2. 3.0L V6 a/c compressor mount bolt size?

Lost mine in the few years my Ranger has been parked. Anyone know the Ford part number or better yet the size of the 4 compressor mount bolts? Have all my parts now to get a/c back in my truck now except those bolts. The 4 rangers in the local pick and pulls are non a/c trucks or the...
  3. 92 Ranger A/C harness, and compressor bolt replacement

I still have my 92 Ranger it's been off the road for about 6 years again, due to an unfortunate close encounter with a Deer. About five years ago I had the engine out of is and replaces the crank seals and put a new oil pan on it. Upon putting the engine in I smashed my blower housing... had a...
  4. Will the Front Bumper from Gen3 fit Gen 2 Ranger?

Like the title say will a Generation 3 Ranger 93-97 front bumper bolt onto a generation 2 Ranger 89-92 and look right? Had a Gen 3 valance rigged up with foglights on my gen 2 bumper and the bumper curves seemed similar. Just trying to figure out what fits, knows where I can get a front bumper...
  5. Newer rear bumper on Gen 2 Ranger what will fit?

Will the rear bumper from a newer Ranger fit on my 92 Ranger? I know where i can get a bumper from a 2001 for a decent price wasn wondering if it will fit before I shell out the cash to buy it.
  6. Gen 2 Rear bumper question.

What year Ranger rear bumpers will bolt onto a 92 Ranger? Will onlt 83-92 fit? or will 93+ fit as well? Thought I've seen pic of Gen 2's with the newer rear bumpers on them, cant find any of them now, but before i spend the money on a another bumper want to make sure what fits.
  7. 92 3.0L EEC pinout

92 3.0L ECU pinout Spent over an hour reading the Haynes electrical diagrams and this is what I came up with. Is this right?:icon_confused: Haynes did a good job makeing the 3.0L confuseing. Planning out a V8 swap and my swap project has a well worn 3.0L. PIN COLOR Connections for...
  8. Need some opinions on a few V8's plus a few other ?s

Ok I'm working on a V8 swap project (92 Ranger 3.0L) , only into the teardown phase right now, but need some input on a few V8's im considering I have two of thwm just laying around. I ned to known what you guys think about and there use in a swap.; 1. 1984 5.8L HO from a 2wd F-250 138k. & 2...
  9. Painting question? Peeling clearcoat what to do?

Since warmer weather is on the way , going to do some rust repair and repaint the ol' daily driver. I'm not looking to do some show quality paint job just something that looks beter than the rusted out rear fender arches, and peeling clear coat on hood and front fenders. I dont want to strip...
  10. Anyone Happen to see Trucks on SPIKE on 3/13/10?

Was watching Trucks today and some time in the near future they will be working on a V8 ranger swap project :icon_welder:, and to make thing even beter they mentioned TRS.com :headbang: as well. Glad to see they are going to give Rangers a bit of love, after seeing projects like S10k and...
  11. 1992 Ranger, wont start no spark.

On Wednesday, i hit a snow drift wiht my truck and oushed a goo eal of snow up between the engine an radiator, I clean most of the snow out so the snow wasnt interfereing with the accesory drive, an the truck wouldnt restart. Checked the inertia fuel cut off switch it never tripped. Towed the...
  12. What Explorer Dashes will swap into a 89-92 Ranger?

Im debateing on sarting a project on which I want to swap all the electronics and dash , over head console, and center console from an Explorer into my Ranger. I hope to end up with something that looks like it would have come from the factory. I'm planning on doing a 5.0L V8 swap, and want to...
  13. Explorer 8.8 to ranger swap question.

Ok i have a 92 2wd ranger that I;m working on lowering, I got a set of dreambeams for the front for a 3 inch drop up front, now for the back, instead of useing a flip kit on the stock 7.5, would i be able to sawp the Explorer axel directly in? since it from the factory mounts opposite to the...
  14. Future 93' Cobra 5.0 swap

Well this project is going to be starte in the future and wiht the current ecconomic sitiuation probabla even father away now. but any way. I'm planning on rebuilding an engine from a wrecked 93' cobra, i was wondering if anyone has done this swap. I recent bought another 2wd 92 ranger, i was...
  15. Universal Turbo for the 3.0L? will it work?

http://www.ststurbo.com/universal_system My question is at 5psi, plus a few other tweaks ie larger injectors etc would the stock 3.0L hold up under the turbo? or would it become more extensive, like forged interals which are non existent for the 3.0L wihtout spending small fortune getting...
  16. 2WD to 4WD 1992 3.0L

I'm just kicking around the idea of converting my 92 standard cab, longbed ranger with 3.0L, from 2WD, to 4WD, i was just wondering what all it would take to get this done? was also thinking about going to a 4.0, but wiht gas prices now would like to keep the 3.0.
  17. Lifting 92 2WD to stock 4wd height

What is the best way to lift a stock 2wd 92 standard cab ranger, to the stock 4wd height?:icon_confused:

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad