• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. 4.0 runs rough wont run most of rhe time

I got my 95 4.0 back from my brother after it sat for a few years at his house. It has trouble starting. Once running it won't idle. If you hold it around 2000 rpm it will idle. But once you let of it dies. You can give it gas but as soon as you start to let off the clutch it losses power it...
  2. Fuel lines and compression fittings

Hello all I'm at my wits end with trying to fix my fuel line. It's the line that runs from the filter to the spring disconnects. I have a new set of replacement disconnects with a barb fitting and I cut the factory steel line to flare but it's to strong. I broke my flare tool trying. Can I use a...
  3. Fuel line leak

Hello all my ranger started leaking gas. Its coming from the braided line. Its mounted to the frame rail then heads to the motor. Its leanings at what looks to be were two parts of line were joined together at the factory. Its really crusty. I can't find a replacement online and I look inactive...
  4. Egr vacuum questions

Hello I have a 1995 and the egr was removed. But it has two things that are left that I'm wondering if I can remove the because I think they go with the egr. One is a rectangle box under the IAC and the other is next to that box it has a round top I tried to upload pictures but couldn't get the...
  5. Help please new truck runs bad

Hello all. I just bought my old 1995 back and the previous owner was not very much of a mechanic. It will start and sometimes it will idle. It surges and runs it like a vacuum leak but I can't find anything. It has the EGR removed and there's a block off plate in it's place. It also seems low on...
  6. Grease for From axle reassemble

I'm putting my Dana 35 back together and am looking for the best type of grease to use on the hubs and bearings. Thank you
  7. Dana 35 axle seals

Hello I finally got the third member removed now I need to replace the axle seals. How do I go about it . Is there a write up somewhere. thank you
  8. Dana 35 gear ratio question

I just got back my old high school truck and at some point since I had it the front end was swapped with a Dana 35 from a 94 and the truck is a 95. I found that out trying bro buy new calipers. Anyways how can I make sure they put the correct geared axle in. I have the third member out and on my...
  9. Radius arm removal help

Hello I'm rebuilding my 1995 Dana 35. I'm currently trying to pull the third member out and found out I have to pull the driver side radius arm out. I have the knuckles pulled and the shafts out. My questions are it's supported with stands on the frame can I put a jack under the driver side ttb...
  10. Pulling the pig/ third member

I'm getting ready to pull the front diff apart and replace axle seals. How do I go about pulling it. Also how do I get the bolts out of the front drive shaft u straps. I can't get a wrench or socket on it. Thank you and sorry for all the dumb questions.
  11. Dana 35 spindle mounting studs

Hello all I had to cut tow of the studs that hold the spindle on to the knuckle. I went to my local dealer and he said he can't get them. Can I replace them with grade 8 bolts or were should I look for new ones. Thank you
  12. Ball joint question

Hello all I'm working on a 95 4x4 . I can't get the lower ball joint nut to budge. I have tried heat and lots of PB blaster. Can I cut it off at the dust boot and still press it out of the knuckle. Thanks
  13. Wheel bearing/ spindle bearing help

Hello I recently purchased my old high school truck back it's a 1995 4x4. The previous owner wasn't very kind to the old girl and I'm trying to bring her back to life. The front axle seals are leaking and it needs ball joints so I started to text it down. I was wondering how often do you change...
  14. fuel pump testing no power

i have a 95 with the 4.0 I just replaced the gas tank skid now it wont start. I don't think the pump is getting power. when you turn the key on I cant hear it. so I took a battery charger and hooked it to the pos and heg on the pump and it stated humming/running so I think that the pump is still...
  15. manifold to y pipe stud help

Sorry if i posted this in thewrong location.i have a 95 4.0 ranger. I was trying to replace the y pipe i got it off but broke both of the studs on the drivers side. I have lots andlots of heat pb blaster kroil and anything else i could think of. I was wornding it i could just take a torch and...
  16. broken manifold to downpipe stud help

:icon_welder:hi all. Im in the process of getting my 95 4.0 back on the road. The driver side doughnut gasket was junk,but every time I looked at the studs I got scared because I knew what was going to happen. there were really crusty. so I soaked them with pb blaster for a week or so the heated...
  17. 4x4 help please

my 1995 ranger needed a t case motor so today i installed a new one now when you turn the switch the 4wd and 4 high lights flash on the dash for a bit then they go off and no 4wd i check fuses but im out of ideas. thank you for any help

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad