• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. Shran

2.9 and 4.0 OHV oil filter adapter seal part #'s

I had a heck of a time finding the right O rings for these so hopefully someone will find this information useful - FYI the adapter from the 4.0 will apparently bolt onto a 2.9 and vise versa, as per Ford anyway. You may be able to get away with reusing the green washer and big washer on either...
  2. Shran

Huge homeowner's insurance increases

Anyone else's homeowner's insurance policy up for renewal lately? I just got mine and about had a stroke. It was $1644 last year, and that was up from $800 when I bought my house in '15 so I thought it was bad enough... my new rate for '24 is $3378!!!!! I just can't believe it. I asked my...
  3. Shran

4.0 OHV blowby, next steps

I think I know the answer to this already but I need some more opinions. My new '94 truck came to me with a variety of issues, namely coolant loss/steaming etc that resulted in me removing the heads and having them checked... they were like new but warped so I had them resurfaced and...
  4. Shran

Wanted Eagle Alloy or Mickey Thompson 15x8

Probably a long shot but these used to be pretty common - I have four of each of these wheels and need one spare, of either style - Eagle Alloy p/n 0589-5812 - 15x8, 5x4.5 bolt pattern, -30mm offset, 3.25" backspacing Mickey Thompson Classic II - 15x8, 5x4.5 bolt pattern, not sure on the specs...
  5. Shran

Project #11 - new daily driver '94 Ranger

As if I did not have enough projects already! My buddy saw this little gem on Facebook and sent it to me and naturally I couldn't help myself. It was advertised as "super clean, but needs engine, has a hole in piston and loses compression." Specs - it's a '94, must be an early one as it has a...
  6. Shran

For Sale 4.0 OHV Exhaust/cat flanges

I am building these as a side project to hopefully make doing your own custom exhaust a little easier - or maybe your catalytic converter was stolen and you are having some sticker shock at the price of a new one... whatever the case is, using an aftermarket catalytic converter is usually...
  7. Shran

Fix your 4 ton Porta-Power ram

Posting this here in hopes that someone will get some use out of it. I have a 4 ton "hydraulic body repair set" AKA porta-power or whatever you want to call it. The Harbor Freight model (think that's what I have, maybe it was from Cummins, QF4 is the part number in any case) and other brands...
  8. Shran

Free 2.8 parts, A4LD shifter

Two boxes of stuff - cover the shipping from me to you and they're yours. Box #1 is a partial wiring harness/carb/distributor/smog pump and other associated pieces that were removed from an '85 Ranger for a Duraspark swap Box #2 (not pictured) contains an A4LD shifter assembly from the same...
  9. Shran

Funnel rack

How do you guys organize your funnels? I have like 10-15 of them and they're just shoved into my shop press. It's annoying to move them all when I need the press. Creative ideas needed... something that saves space would be great... a single stack of funnels would be cool. I have seen the...
  10. Shran

8.8 disc brake "groaning"

Annoying new problem - I recently 8.8 swapped one of my trucks with an Explorer axle. All was fine for the first few drives around town, parked the truck in the garage for a couple weeks and now when I roll it back & forth by hand in neutral, or drive it back & forth slowly, I get a horrible...
  11. Shran

1990 B2 and 92 Explorer package on CL

https://rapidcity.craigslist.org/cto/d/rapid-city-ford-bronco-ii-4o-engine/7631974673.html Local to me, the owner is an acquaintance of mine. Good dude. I have seen both of these vehicles in person, B2 is pretty solid. I actually sold him the Explorer, I kept most of the interior so it's...
  12. Shran

Travelling to Canada next week, any tips?

Wife & I are going on our honeymoon finally and decided to go to Banff for a week. Any travel tips, things I should know specific to Canada?
  13. Shran

4r55e converter relief valve & spring missing, keepers missing

I believe I am dealing with someone's hack work here but I need to verify. I have my wife's '95 apart right now to replace the valve body seals - it had a delayed shift into forward gear from park and I suspected that the gasket was blown out (was not.) This truck has 89k on it and the trans...
  14. Shran

TSC grinder wheel clearance alert

FYI if you have Tractor Supply nearby it might be to your benefit to check their holiday promo area for these items: 30 pack 3 inch die grinder cutoff wheels 8 pack 4.5" flap wheels 25 pack 1/16" 4.5" cutoff wheels 15 pack 4.5" grinding wheels Normally $10, half off at my store for $5 each...
  15. Shran

Water heater low pressure

Need input from a plumber, anyone on here? Have lived in my house for 7 years. Water heater (natural gas unit) replaced in '15 when I bought it because it was leaking. It leaked again around the bottom of the tank in 2018 and was replaced under warranty. Now, I am having issues throughout...
  16. Shran

NP-435 4 speed grinding into 3rd gear

Anyone ever run into an old 4 speed manual, an NP435 in this case, grind going into 3rd gear? This trans in particular would have come out of a late 70's F series truck. It is currently residing in my V8 swapped Ranger. I am having a hard time figuring out if I am dealing with an issue of the...
  17. Shran

Rear brake lock-up/proportioning valve

This has been an ongoing issue with my stepside truck. I have the standard D35 front discs, but an 8.8 rear from an Explorer with 10" drums. The issue is that the rear brakes will lock up every time under moderate braking. It is almost scary to drive in traffic, the idiots around here like to...
  18. Shran

Circular saw storage rack/shelf

Anyone have cool ideas for storing circular saws? I am looking for something that will mount on a wall or pegboard. Simple would be nice. Compact is a necessity. Something I could buy off the shelf would be OK. I have two corded ones and four cordless, currently they are just stacked up on...
  19. Shran

SAS front suspension ideas

Need some input. I am going to SAS my 2 door Explorer in the near future. I will be using a full width D44 from a '76 F150 and a full width 9". Will be running 36" TSLs...that is the biggest tire I want to run. I will probably need about 4-6" of lift to clear the tires. I am planning on...
  20. Shran

AC vacuum frustration

I needed to replace the AC condenser in my Explorer and while it was apart I also replaced the accumulator, both lines, the orifice tube and all the O rings. I reused the compressor and the evap core. Last night I pulled a vacuum on it. I was able to vacuum down to about 10hg on the low side...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad