• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. Mr. Tarkanian

lets see your Bronco II fuel pump access holes you cut

I gave up looking for a scrap truck to butcher, so I just made a plate out of sheet steel. Made a gasket out of grey RTV, lined everything with door edge guard. It's a very worthwhile mod, I no longer stress about driving the truck out of town or putting a full tank of fuel in it (the 2 times...
  2. Mr. Tarkanian

how noisy is YOUR transmission?

I finished up my M5od swap about a month ago, and I've been driving it ever since. I took out the shifter floor plate to cut the hole, and removed all the foam insulation from the bottom, and sprayed it with bedliner. Against my better judgement, I rushed and re-installed it without any...
  3. Mr. Tarkanian

Peppy, my little mule: A build thread

I had to replace the calipers sooner than I expected, the driver's side was sticking. You can see in the picture how hot the rotor got. It's amazing that it didn't warp. Good thing is, D28 and D35 both use the same caliper, so they will work on my D35 swap. I need pads and rotors too, but...
  4. Mr. Tarkanian

So, I didn't get so much done over the weekend. My boy has not been feeling well, so much of my free time has been spent in the house while my wife gets caught up on the housework. I changed my oil, first time in about 3 years. I also fogged the vacuum system with SeaFoam. I pulled off the...
  5. Mr. Tarkanian

I'm glad to see people are reading my thread, thanks for the kind words. This is turning out to really be a fun and fulfilling project. There is simply nothing like building your own vehicle, the sense of pride and accomplishment makes it SO worth all the sweat and frustration. I made some...
  6. Mr. Tarkanian

My dash lights have always been dim and spotty, so I pulled out the cluster, detail cleaned it, re-painted the centers of my needles, and put ALL new bulbs in the rear. Then I polished the plastic cover with Turtle Wax ice, it took out the great majority of the haze and scratches. Bolted it...
  7. Mr. Tarkanian

Thanks for the comments. Rangerin, when you get ready for the swap, feel free to PM me and I'll help walk you through it if you like. Start finding your parts NOW, they are getting harder to find by the day. Thanks a lot, cash for clunkers. Been busy busy. Got my rear seats in, along with...
  8. Mr. Tarkanian

Now, we are getting into more-recent times. This was just a week or 2 ago. I went to a different scrapyard looking for some front buckets, and found a great score. A full set of buckets from a 90 XLT BII, the "striped" style that was found mostly in 1st gen explorers. I picked them up for...
  9. Mr. Tarkanian

With everything in and hooked up, it was time to plumb the clutch. I simply got a pre-filled, pre-bled assembly from NAPA for a 95 explorer. I wasn't SURE that it would fit, but I wanted to try and keep all my components roughly the same year. In my personal experience, this was the hardest...
  10. Mr. Tarkanian

The trans went in without an issue, and holy cow it weighed a lot less than that A4ld. We (Dad and I) got it shoved into the tunnel, bolted the bellhousing to the block, then put in the crossmember. Next up was the Tcase, so it was given the same treatment as the trans: Disassembly, flush...
  11. Mr. Tarkanian

I pulled the top cover off the trans, and was pleased to find virtually no metal dust, fluid filled within spec, and all in all a pretty clean environment: So, I continued to pull off the front bearing cover, and the rear tailshaft adapter (I'm not sure the proper nomenclature, but you get the...
  12. Mr. Tarkanian

Put her up on stands. It's really starting to look bare. I'm wondering if I have bitten off more than I can chew. But its too late to turn back now. I think that is pretty much a REQUIRED picture during a transmission swap thread, isn't it? After some wrestling, sweating, a little bit...
  13. Mr. Tarkanian

Like I mentioned, I took quite a few pieces off that scrapyard ranger. It had a set of rust-free all manual doors, so I picked those up for $50. The truck was a 2.9/Fm146, and I figured it had a Dana28, but I checked it anyway: Dana35. 3.73 gears, complete from spindle to spindle. It was...
  14. Mr. Tarkanian

During the fuel pump plate adventure, I figured it was a good time to go ahead and coat the floorboards. The entire floor area was stripped, every bracket and bolt removed, and treated with a wire cup brush. You can also see one of my new, all manual doors in the background. Before: After...
  15. Mr. Tarkanian

The next project I decided to tackle was a fuel pump access plate. I love fuel injection, but had an in-tank pump go south on me out on the road one day and had to be towed home. Since then I've always wanted a hatch, so that I could drop a pump in the tank from the top. So I broke out the...
  16. Mr. Tarkanian

BOOM!! The craigslist gods smiled on me. I found a 4x4 M5od trans from a 95 wrecked 95 explorer sport. I had to drive about 4 hours round trip (and take a quest into the hardcore crackhead ghetto town in Lexington KY). It was worth it, I got it for $150. These are pretty scarce in central...
  17. Mr. Tarkanian

Ok guys, I guess it's time to start a build thread. I've been lurking on this forum for going on 10 years or so, and have never really contributed much. So here we go. I plan on using this as basically a database for my pictures, progress, screw-ups and tricks I learn on the way. Hopefully it...
  18. Mr. Tarkanian

Dash Light Issue

I searched for this issue but came up empty handed. Is it possible for the printed circuit in the instrument cluster to have a "dead spot"? I replaced ALL of the backlights in the cluster and still have a big dark spot on the high-end of the speedometer. I'm going to double check the little...
  19. Mr. Tarkanian

weatherstripping

Has anyone ordered weatherstripping from BroncoGraveyard? The reason I'm asking, is it is literally HALF price of everywhere else I've found online, and I'm a bit leery of the quality... It's going on an 89 BII, in case that matters. Anybody?
  20. Mr. Tarkanian

post M5od swap problems

Anyone swap in an m5od and keep the electronic transfer case? Everything is working as it should, but now I have no 4x4 low. High range works fine, but when I hit the low.range button, it just blinks. Doesn't sound like the control box is even attempting to shift. I'm at my wits end. I am...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad