• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. Idle surge, way up around 2k

I did some searches, but didn't find anything pertaining to my situation. I have a 95 ranger (4.0 manual) and the idle surges way up around 2k. Sometimes I can get it to drop back down by touching the gas pedal, but that doesn't always work. Could this be the idle position sensor and if so...
  2. won't start sometimes, then it starts - electrical or fuel pump

I have been having an ongoing problem and it's not getting worst nor is it getting better. It's just that at some point, the truck wont start :dunno:. It turns over just fine, but it seems it is not getting any gas. Then you wait 5 or 10 minutes and it starts right up. Then as much as 2 or...
  3. Tranny removal giving me problems....

Hey, I have a 95 ranger with 4.0l, 5sp manual - which means I have the mazda tranny. I am doing my clutch upgrade. I cannot get the darn hydralic line quick connect to release the black tube. I pushed in the white colar as far back as I can (almost flush with the copper tube coming from the...
  4. RPM fluctuates @ high speeds, spark plugs???

Hey all, Its just that when I am traveling highway speeds and I hit an incline, my RPM will jump up to around 3500 (2500 is normal at 75mph) :dntknw: . I havn't replaced my plugs for a few years and have traveled at least 50k since then. But this is the first time I have ever seen this...
  5. Front Diff Pinnion seal

My seal has a leak when I am going in 4wd. I got the seal to replace it, but the problem is removing the front drive shaft. There are 4 bolts holding the front "U" joint together. The bolts have no room on the inside (probably from heavy rust) between the hex head and the bracket. Both ends...
  6. engine trying to overheat

I know the temp gage is not a true measure of temperature. Here is the problem. At highway speeds. the needle drops below the "C". But at slower speeds and at stops, the engine is getting hot and the needle kinda rises and falls. I had a leak 6 months ago and put in stop leak and that...
  7. Engine temp rising/falling

Hey, Did some searching and didn't find any info. My ranger temp seems to rise and fall suddenly. I had this problem over the summer and found that the clutch fan was bad. I replaced it and seemed to have fixed the problem. Now it seems the problem is back. Yes, it could be the fan again...
  8. Tie rod and drag link - how to tell when they are loose?

1995 Ranger 4.0l 4x4 I went for an alignment yesterday and they said my tie rod to pitman was loose and that my tie rod to right knuckle was loose. They wanted almost $400 to do the job. Since I did my ball joints myself, I would do this job as well. I climbed under the front and I did all I...
  9. clutch rebuild

I had a thread that showed the clutch rebuild for my 95 ranger, but it is dead. Can anyone supply a link to removing and rebuilding my clutch. I have the 4.0l manual tranny. Thanks, runnert
  10. rear 8.8 seal replacement help

1995 ranger 4.0l limited slip 8.8 I need to replace my seals. When I am parked on an incline, whichever rear wheel is on the low side of the incline, the wheel seeps axle oil. I checked out the directions of the "bad axle seal" in the teck library, but I am somewhat confused from that article...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad