• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. swynx

opinions on what ecu to run with 4.0

picked up a 120k mile 4.0 ohv from a 1st gen explorer, i got the engine, the harness, and the ecu. the explorer was a 5 speed. the truck im putting it into is a 1994 with a 4.0 and 5 speed. i noticed that the explorer exhaust just has 1 obd 2 sensor at the y, the pickup has 1 on each down pipe...
  2. swynx

What might be causing coil packs to go bad?

Took the engine out for a rebuild. First try it started right up, shut it off and couldn’t get it to start. Confirmed fuel, then switched out the coil pack for a confirmed working used one. then I got one start, shut it off and it wouldn’t start. Checked the ohms on both coil packs. The...
  3. swynx

behavior of a lunchbox

supposed to make a snow wheeling trip tomorrow, so I was doing a pre trip check of everything, found a bad d35 seal. dirty diff fluid, pulled the diff, to find that 3 of the 4 springs on my aussie locker were broken. upon inspection I found that the guy who put the aussie in 5 years ago, put the...
  4. swynx

repairing recovery/tow strap

have an old recovery strap laying around thats a 30 footer, its good for 25k lbs, last year i ripped one of the loop ends off of it. was wondering if anyone has ever made a new loop and sewed it back together with some super strength fishing line or something else? i bought a ditch pig kinetic...
  5. swynx

cutting heater box

has any one modified there a/c heater box and actually had it work worth a crap? i pulled the a/c deal out and plugged the holes where the lines came out, still dont get enough air flow to even defrost the windows within an hour, only time the heat comes out decent is when im on the highway. im...
  6. swynx

identifying mustang parts

my dad has a early 90's 2wd ranger pickup, supposedly it has a mustang 2.3 in it. someone put a cheapo parts store clutch kit in it like 6 months ago and the slave went out and i was going to buy a luk kit and put it in for him. ive never seen 2.3l mustang parts, and i assume that they are...
  7. swynx

off-road racing and large tires

been to a fair share of off road races over the past few years, every year more and more events pop up around the nation. over the years the average tire to run has gotten bigger as we all know. my question is, how large is too large? its not like 44's or even 54's are anything new, they were...
  8. swynx

what is the general consensus on cylinder pressures?

confirmed spark and fuel. did compression test with fuel relay unplugged, all spark plugs removed, and throttle all the way open. reason for the compression test is a no start condition. i believe i remember that a low cylinder will cause a no start. i got on the driver side 105/120/140/55...
  9. swynx

4x4 engages with cup holder use

Family member has a explorer with a 5.0, says when they put a drink in the rear cup holder it engages the auto 4x4. Any ideas? I’ve not messed with a 5.0 explorer.
  10. swynx

carbs and small engines

i dont have a ton of knowledge about carburetors. i tore one apart, cleaned it up, and installed it on a 22r, and the truck ran better. that being said. bought a yamaha big bear 250 4 wheeler, from a buddy. its got an brand new amazon carburetor on it. at the top end of every gear it starts...
  11. swynx

fix for the early sohc 4.0 fuel pressure regulator

has any one discovered a fix for the fpr? i cant seem to find one of that size any where. internet says the discontinued, cant find one on ebay. to my knowledge ohv never used a actual fuel rail besides the one that went beloe the upper and lower manifolds. i still have the fuel line...
  12. swynx

whats your favorite "all terrain" tire

its about time to buy new tires for the 2002 grand cherokee. its the daily driver, but we do go where there are feet of snow, and some casual trails, were surrounded by a lot of mountains. its not meant to be an offroader, but it does have limited slips front and rear and does not need a full on...
  13. swynx

air bubble?

97 sohc, replaced the thermostat housing, thermostat, both sensors, all the hoses are new. both hoses coming from the fire wall are hot, lower and upper hose are hot. radiator is actually not that hot, i can set my hand on the radiator longer than i can the hoses. temp guage wont come off cold...
  14. swynx

sway bars

what does everyone have for a front sway bar on a lifted setup? ive only got 2 inches of lift, still been using the stock sway bar and links. but its often a pita to get the pin back in unless im on a completely level surface, which is almost never. ive been thinking about buying something that...
  15. swynx

recommendations for quieting exhaust

did an engine swap, ended up having to modify the cross over pipe, and then smash the catalytic converter to clear the cross member, all the stuff fell out. bought a aero 2525, it ended up being right below the cab. the exhaust is restriction free, and 2.5 all the way out from the y pipe. im...
  16. swynx

4 door mazda navajo?

wasnt sure if this should go in the explorer or mazda section. seeing as though they never made a 4 door navajo to my knowledge. did some google searches, couldnt come up with any pictures. so i was wondering if any one has ever seen a 4 door explorer with navajo body panels?
  17. swynx

what does everyone know about volvo fan relays?

installed a volvo fan relay and it keeps turning the fans on and off every second. the old relay setup would turn it on, till it cooled down then turn it off, and the fan almost never ran.
  18. swynx

where to measure

was messing around with the pickup today, i need to cut the fenders more. was going to mark some lines, when.... i pulled out the tape measure and realized that for some reason the passenger tire is 3.5 inches from the fender mount, and the driver side is 4.5 inches. so the tire rubs the mount...
  19. swynx

lets talk ifs setups

not necessarily ifs as in ttb, but true ifs. the entire industry is going to ifs. alot of the winning rigs at koh are ifs vehicles. ive been toying around with a few different oddball front suspension setups (ttb 44/50 ring gear/ 35 spline rcv/ 60 hubs) to name one, so i thought this might be a...
  20. swynx

Any one ever done one of those oil sample tests?

My sister bought her car brand new, so we’ve Tryed to keep up the maintenance on it. From the first oil change we’ve always used high quality filters/oil. I’ve always been a royal purple fan, till I signed up for amsoil and got an even better deal on that. After the engine was well broke in...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad