• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. a31ford

Spongy Brakes, Early 90's F250, F350 & E-Series Vans ( Solved !! )

For OBD-II systems ? never heard of one for OBD-II
  2. a31ford

ABS Not Working.. Mystery 4x4 Component

I Just posted a solved about spongy brakes in the fullsized trucks area moments ago, it's the part about the HCU that is the "Mystery Component"...
  3. a31ford

What were they thinking?

GAWD.. Bondo Goddess..... 50 + pounds, bet the truck or "IT" now weighs TWICE what it did........... :)
  4. a31ford

Spongy Brakes, Early 90's F250, F350 & E-Series Vans ( Solved !! )

Greetings All, Recently my 93 F-350 got really bad in the spongy brake department (was Never good even when I bought it 10 years ago), it needed Pads & Shoes, and all the rubber hoses where crap, and one rear drum was starting to show signs of a Slave Cylinder starting to leak. Turns out that...
  5. a31ford

93 F350 5.8 (351) Overheating

Bahahahahaha, All the time, always moving hay for my horses. (yesterday's hay)
  6. a31ford

500ma parasitic battery drain - relay issues, ignition, or something else?

I agree with Adsm08, a bad diode in the alternator will cause a slow drain that will kill a battery overnight. as a fast test, close the doors with the window down, and the hood open. disconnect ALL the wires to the alternator (CAREFUL for the main wire as it is still live !!) if the main wire...
  7. a31ford

UPDATE: So, after all of this: Resolution: Replaced the radiator with a "Dual Core" HD Towing version (original was a single core), Replaced the Fan Clutch (Biggest Change in Temperature), Thermostat is still a 192 F , As an additional detail, removed the stock trans Cooler, and did NOT...
  8. a31ford

The Guage, reads just under the N in "Normal", OK, I'll go with that for while, let it puke, until it stabilizes, measure, then give it a week, and see if it is falling. We will see...
  9. a31ford

OK, So, the gaskets on the front end needed to be replaced (block side started to leak anti-freeze between block, & timing chain cover, PIA !!), did the timing chain and gears, & front seal, & harmonic balancer, AND NEW waterpump (NOT a rebuild). Quite sure that the reason the gasket went...
  10. a31ford

5.8 and a C6 convert to a 460 & a C6 ?

Is the bolt pattern for a 5.8 different than a 460 for the trans ?
  11. a31ford

C6 which cooler line is send ?

AWESOME TY for the quick reply !!
  12. a31ford

C6 which cooler line is send ?

I want to install a trans temp guage (electrical) using the above tee into the "send" cooler line right beside the trans (instead of cutting a hole in the pan, anyone know which (front or rear) line is out to cooler ??? Thanks in advance.
  13. a31ford

C6 line TO cooler

Anyone know off hand which line (front or rear) on the side of a C6 is the line that goes to the cooler ? I want to install a tee to add a trans temperature guage (instead of cutting a hole in the side of the pan.....) TY in advance.
  14. a31ford

1993 F-350 Transmission Question

Just to finish the thread, I had the original C6 rebuilt (you should have seen the black fines in the pan !!) local shop did it for 1100 bucks (Canadian) I did the R&R, flushed the cooler & lines, dropped her back in, and adjusted the kickdown cable (NOT a TV cable on a C6). like a charm...
  15. a31ford

so sorry. tons on my head right now, plus local shop wants 2200 bucks to rebuild the assuming C6. Yes, it's a 351, I have the button in the end of the (new to me) shifter lever marked "overdrive" (assuming it's a momentary), would a TC lock-up switch need to be a latching on/off style ?
  16. a31ford

Greetings All ! Got a good old girl she's the Heavy Hauler in our Family, Has/HAD a 3spd. Auto trans up until today.. (can tell the fwd band is fading away.. ) Q: is there the ability to convert this truck to an E4OD ? I have the shifter handle that has the button in the end, but the wire is...
  17. a31ford

4.0 swap wiring insanity

Thank You, for finding and documenting the problem/solution !!

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad