• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. a31ford

Spongy Brakes, Early 90's F250, F350 & E-Series Vans ( Solved !! )

Greetings All, Recently my 93 F-350 got really bad in the spongy brake department (was Never good even when I bought it 10 years ago), it needed Pads & Shoes, and all the rubber hoses where crap, and one rear drum was starting to show signs of a Slave Cylinder starting to leak. Turns out that...
  2. a31ford

93 F350 5.8 (351) Overheating

OK, So, the gaskets on the front end needed to be replaced (block side started to leak anti-freeze between block, & timing chain cover, PIA !!), did the timing chain and gears, & front seal, & harmonic balancer, AND NEW waterpump (NOT a rebuild). Quite sure that the reason the gasket went...
  3. a31ford

5.8 and a C6 convert to a 460 & a C6 ?

Is the bolt pattern for a 5.8 different than a 460 for the trans ?
  4. a31ford

C6 which cooler line is send ?

I want to install a trans temp guage (electrical) using the above tee into the "send" cooler line right beside the trans (instead of cutting a hole in the pan, anyone know which (front or rear) line is out to cooler ??? Thanks in advance.
  5. a31ford

C6 line TO cooler

Anyone know off hand which line (front or rear) on the side of a C6 is the line that goes to the cooler ? I want to install a tee to add a trans temperature guage (instead of cutting a hole in the side of the pan.....) TY in advance.
  6. a31ford

1993 F-350 Transmission Question

Greetings All ! Got a good old girl she's the Heavy Hauler in our Family, Has/HAD a 3spd. Auto trans up until today.. (can tell the fwd band is fading away.. ) Q: is there the ability to convert this truck to an E4OD ? I have the shifter handle that has the button in the end, but the wire is...
  7. a31ford

Pressure side PS hose repair kit ??

Greetings ALL. 1989, 2.9, XLT, 4x4 pressure side hose is fine, HOWEVER, the swivel fitting that goes into the pump.... There is a brass split ring between the fitting and the o-ring. Does anyone have a quick fix ? this is my plow truck, and it's currently snowing, really need to get it...
  8. a31ford

pinion preload 89 ranger XLT

Thought I would post this for the newer users, as I WAS going to ask this question, HOWEVER I found the answer here http://therangerstation.com/tech_library/ring_pinion_setup.shtml Thank You to all that have contributed to the group !!! Greg
  9. a31ford

97 Ranger heat problem.

Anyone know if 97's are prone to heat issues ? (Generally speaking)
  10. a31ford

MAP sensor (somewhat OT)

. Typical MAP sensor (89 ranger 2.9 for example), I'm working on a project that will use a MAP sensor to trigger a timer on something that is NOT a Ranger. Does anyone know the voltage output range of the sensor for vacuum read ? OR can someone point me to a chart for the above ? Thanks in...
  11. a31ford

93 F350, 5.8 (351) Timing !!!!

OK People, I need some info on known problems. 351 (5.8) Checking the timing.... TDC, rotor pointed about DUE RIGHT of #1, NOT at #1. Did the 180 thing on the crank, (one full turn) Now Rotor is DUE LEFT of #1. Lifted distributor, moved rotor to #1, belches, and sounds like it's out (won't...
  12. a31ford

285-75R-16's

Hey Everyone. Just got a new set of boggers on, have had a time at the local junkyard finding something that would fit, AND look good.... Tires: 285-75R-16's Rims: 1997 Explorer 5 on 4.5" 16's Centers: 2001 Crown Victoria's AND used a 2-3/4" hole saw to cut out for the locking hubs on the...
  13. a31ford

Can't Find the Stupid Ball in the Snow !

Been lookin on-n-off for the dumb shifter out of the spare transmission, it's buried in the 8 foot snow drift behind the shop. I need the ball for a template, gona make a bunch out of nylon shaft, anyone need one ? Greg FOR: > FM 146 5 speed manual "the little ball at the bottom of the shifter"
  14. a31ford

Front Diff. & U-Joints

Simple question: (words of wisdom from other members please..) After looking through the tech section on axles, is there anything special about replacing the U-Joints on the front axles ? If I'm putting it in the shop, I'll pull the entire front end and it's gona get EVERYTHING checked &...
  15. a31ford

Shifter.... the little ball at the bottom.....

Can someone help please ??? I need at least one of those nylon balls that is on the bottom end of an FM146 Manual transmission. Here in Canada, the local ford dealer says Not available... (Personally I think it's just the dealer) can someone look it up in the states please ?? also cost ?? I...
  16. a31ford

The FLIPPIN Coil !

Been Chasin (Hi everyone !) Been chasin this dern problem for over a year now, "decides to run rough, beltches, farts, and in general, bad gas mileage"... So the other night, I got really, I mean REALLY pissed at my Ranger, grabbed my oscilloscope of my electronics bench, my 500 watt inverter...
  17. a31ford

The New Find !!

New To me... 93, F350 drove it home even ! Needs some electrical and cosmetic, other than that, rock solid drivetrain ! Wo-HO !! Greg
  18. a31ford

Body Differences 88 - 89

Hi Everyone. I have to get some partial panels for my 88/89 amalgamation (not me). (I would like to order them today, if I can). The problem is, that other than grill/front markers (and mirrors) on the cab, I do not see a difference in the box portion, YET, the local supplier has 2...
  19. a31ford

Now I need help...

. Ok people, I need to ask a question (OMG, NO not a31... :) I've got an issue after the truck gets up to temp. (Closed loop mode). Truck will "stumble" and "fart" while doing highway speed, (1800-2500 in 5th) but ONLY after it's warm, (tach bounces around as well) BUT, until then it acts...
  20. a31ford

Oh, Oh........

Well, all, it proves beyond a doubt..... I was at another website, and it appears that I brought a bug back with me ............ Greg

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad