• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. AWD Mountaineer ECU w/ 2WD AOD or 4R70W?

I have a complete 2000 Mercury Mountaineer(AWD) as a V-8 donor vehicle. Will there be any problem using its computer for my 2WD Ranger?
  2. Do GT bumpers cover "normal" bumpers?

Or do they have something else under them? Thanks. Lee
  3. Looking for ID of this 1st gen longbed camper

Does anyone know who made this?
  4. Any front end swaps for Gen I Rangers?

I've seen lots of swaps for later Rangers, but nothing for Gen I. I read that someone put a range Rover front end on a Gen I, but have not found pics. Anyone have pics of swapped front ends?
  5. Anyone running side pipes? Looking for pics

I'm wondering how they would look on my '86 Super cab. Can you post pics of yours? Thanks. Lee
  6. Truck tries to shake itself to death. What's wrong?

I just got my '86 Ranger back from a shop that stretched the frame. It's a supercab that had its frame cut and the back of a longbed frame grafted on. It is now undriveable. Starting at around 12-15mph, it feels like I'm driving on a washboard gravel road, and gets worse as speed increases. I'm...
  7. Is (was) there a nice camper shell for 1st gen long bed?

They are out there. I've found a couple. A huge help is the Smartphone app Craigslist Pro. It lets you search 11 cities. I'll be picking up a camper shell about 3 hours away, hopefully next weekend.
  8. '86 Supercab Longbed

I finally get to post my own build thread. It will be a long-term project. This is a driver. I don't want to it to be off the road for long periods of time (*ahem* again). This is the first step. Rather than fabricate a new back end of the frame, I used a $175 longbed donor that was headed to...
  9. Is (was) there a nice camper shell for 1st gen long bed?

Nice as in quality fiberglass, not the old thin sheel aluminum or work box. IIRC, one was available from Leer, but is apparently out of production. Thanks.
  10. LF shop to modify frame near Austin, TX

I want to get some serious work done to my '86 Supercab. I've called around but rod shops don't want to mess with it. I found a shop that works on pickups, but nothing older than '96.
  11. '87-'93 Mustang dash into a Gen 1 ranger?

I've sen a couple of S197 Mustang dashboards in Rangers. I've seen an S197 dash in a Fox Mustang. Has anyone seen a Fox dashboard in a Ranger? I like the idea, mainly for better gauges. Just wondering.
  12. Did anyone make a hard tonneau cover for 1st gen?

I just bought an '86 Supercab and I'd like a hard cover.
  13. Has anyone put a long bed on a supercab?

I just got an '86 and I think I'd like to do this one day. I got the idea from a guy near Austin to put long beds on Dodge Megacabs.
  14. New guy from Central Texas

Hi. Lee Here. I live near Austin and I just got a Ranger today. It's a 1986 extended cab with a 2.9 and automatic. I think I got a good deal on it; I gave the guy 1000 bucks and an old rifle. It seems to be in good shape; a few spots in the paint (not dents, looks like adhesion issues). A dented...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad