• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. dual sport on a hitch mount carrier AND a 450lb street bike in bed?

i know eh... We have a trailer i am doing the hubs on this weekend, and then the lights as well. What is your guy's reasoning? Balance? I'll probably put the sport bike on the trailer and dual sport in the bed. I have done two dual sports in back, at a total of about 800lbs with the helper...
  2. dual sport on a hitch mount carrier AND a 450lb street bike in bed?

Hey Guys, Any opinions on running on the highway for 400 miles with a 350 dual sport on a hitch carrier and a sport bike in the bed of the truck? I actually have helper springs that bring my level payload to about 800lb i think.
  3. Another slave cylinder thread...

So, it has been almost a year and the problem has seems have "fixed itself". I think it is temperature or moisture related. I will keep an eye on the master and change as necessary, as it was leaking before. I still have a new Luk slave and Luk clutch kit sitting on the shelf. I am happy i...
  4. Another slave cylinder thread...

As an update... the temperature has plumeted to sub zero highs and will stay like that for the rest of the winter. Shifting has got substantially better... perhaps temperature related. However, right when it got cold i realize by driver's side hub/bearing was totally shot (perhaps has been bad...
  5. Why is it necessary to change torsion bar key on 2008+ rangers?

Just to confirm what some have said here: The new rangers can be adjusted via the Tbar Key/bolt. I got about 1.5-2" by maxing mine out. The reason I asked initially is because the articles about the pre-key modification makes it look like it can't be done at all on newer rangers. 2" is enough...
  6. 2008 Ranger upper control arm looks nothing like parts diagram

Yeah... i ordered some camber bolts, so perhaps i will tweak my Tbars and go in for an alignment.
  7. 2008 Ranger upper control arm looks nothing like parts diagram

4x4 with Tbars So, changed my upper control arms yesterday, and it didn't look much like the parts diagram at all... https://parts.ford.com/shop/en/us/suspension/chassis-parts/arm-assy-front-suspension-7816245-1 My bolts looked like normal bolts, there was no cam washer or cam bolt, and the...
  8. Why is it necessary to change torsion bar key on 2008+ rangers?

Yeah i read them and it doesn't seem to explain why. Both keys are "adjusters" so one would presume they can both be adjusted.
  9. Why is it necessary to change torsion bar key on 2008+ rangers?

just curious? why is it not just a matter of adjusting the bolt like it is in the earlier ones? Is the bolt already at it's max setting?
  10. Another slave cylinder thread...

so should not affect shifting?
  11. Another slave cylinder thread...

Did the test. the driveshaft spins freely when the pedal is pressed in about 3/4s of the way. So, back to pilot bearing i guess. Could it be throwout?
  12. Another slave cylinder thread...

No, the opposite. Depressing mean "to press in". So when i press the clutch pedal, the clutch disc disengages allowing the wheels/driveshaft to spin freely.
  13. Another slave cylinder thread...

Yes, i tried those particular gears because in first, if the clutch was dragging it would roll forward. In reverse, with the clutch dragging, it would roll backward. So those gears/direction help prove it is fully disengaging?
  14. Another slave cylinder thread...

While running, it rolls forward while in reverse and clutch depressed and roles backward in 1st while clutch depressed. Momentum feels the same as when in neutral. I did an eyeball test with the clutch off it seems to move at least the distance of the collar. I am told the spec is 5/16th...
  15. Another slave cylinder thread...

Would the throwout not be on duty while the clutch is engaged? I thought the throwout was at the end of slave and therefore get pushed up against the fingers when the pedal is depressed? Either way will have a listen
  16. Another slave cylinder thread...

Yeah I bled it as per the procedure. It seemed to be bled when I put it on. Was real hard with almost no travel in the screwdriver/rod. I have not taken an actual measurement of travel at the slave, yet. Then again, it is engaging and disengaging fine.. i.e. my transmission seems to be 100%...
  17. Another slave cylinder thread...

Update: Put in a new master cylinder today. Bled it as per Perfection Clutch procedure. The old one was definitely leaking as a little fluid came out of it even when i took it out of the firewall. The hard part was gravity bleeding the system after it was all put back together. Hardly any...
  18. Another slave cylinder thread...

hey josh... Well, where i think i am at is I have either/both air in my line or a bad master. There definitely seems to be fluid on my master which at minimum is a sign air got in the line. So, i ordered a new master, it will be here in a week, I will put it in, bleed the line properly and...
  19. Another slave cylinder thread...

Something tells me this should look more dry.... I don't think i'll bleed it until i get a new one. Of course where i live in Canada that takes a week. fingers crossed...
  20. Another slave cylinder thread...

I was planning on bleeding the whole system tonight... If i do a "gravity bleed", will this bleed the slave? From my knowledge, it doesn't bleed the high pressure line between the master and slave nor does it bleed the master itself.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad