• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. tinman_72

Anyone recognize this drawing?

I was cleaning up the icons on my computer's desktop when I ran across this file. I am not sure what it is but I am about 90% sure I downloaded it from The Ranger Station. I am thinking either 302 mount adapters or disc brake adapters. I just don't want to toss it without knowing what it is.
  2. tinman_72

Keyboard recommendation

Anyone know of a good keyboard that will last a while and doesn't have mushy keys? Everyone seems to go all googlie eyed over mechanical keys but I don't like the ones I have seen. The problem I have is that when typing, if my finger so much as brushes against a nearby key, they are both...
  3. tinman_72

For Sale [NIB] Upper control arms

These are Detroit Axle branded upper control arms. (p/n X80068 and X8078) I bought them for my 1998 Mercury Mountaineer but I know that certain years Rangers with torsion bar suspension use the same part. One side has a grease fitting, the other does not. That is the only reason I decided to go...
  4. tinman_72

Using factory in-dash tachometer with distributor and carb

Like the title says: I want to use the factory in-dash tachometer with a carb and distributor 302. Is it possible? All I can find is how to install aftermarket tach in a computer controlled vehicle.
  5. tinman_72

'93 2wd V8 swap with A/C?

Is the heater box picture in the V8 swap article (about 2/3 of the way down on the page) from a non-AC Ranger? Looks like heating the plastic and molding it with an oil filter is an easy fix but that picture looks like it might be non-AC in a Ranger older than a '93. Has anyone done a V8 swap...
  6. tinman_72

2WD Manual transmission options

Hi guys, I am currently collecting parts for my '93 2wd V8 swap. Having trouble figuring out which way to go for the transmission. I currently have a T5 out of a '90 Mustang GT but I am thinking I may want to sell it and find a M5R2, since I will be pushing around 400 ft/lbs at the flywheel. As...
  7. tinman_72

I think I caught the fever...

Mountaineer fever that is. I bought a ragged out '99 2WD back in December for the drivetrain. I planned to drive it on weekends for a while to make sure it was up to snuff. New shocks, front sway bar end links, door latch bushings, and a driver's door panel later, I like it better than my loaded...
  8. tinman_72

RE: Total lack of customer support.

Since I cannot add to the other thread I am creating another. (Link here) Address on file had two numbers transposed. My fault. Here is what happened: (Personal information changed for obvious reasons.) Driver calls me on the morning of delivery. "I cannot find 1234 Anystreet." I respond, "Oh...
  9. tinman_72

Total lack of customer support.

I have had issues with several orders placed with RockAuto in the last month or so. When I go through their website's order status/return procedure I am told that the items are not returnable. That is it. There is no email address, no phone number, nothing. I will no longer order anything from...
  10. tinman_72

What am I missing from '99 Mountaineer center console?

This is the center console in my '99 Mountaineer. It is the one that was in it when I bought the vehicle. It looks like there should be a parking brake handle there but it makes no sense to have one there blocking the cup holders. What am I missing?
  11. tinman_72

Automatic battery cut-off?

I bought a beater 1999 Mercury Mountaineer with V8 a while back. A previous owner had installed a huge electromagnetic battery cutoff (aka relay) that has a receiver that turns it on and off via a key fob. (Like this: Amazon link. ) As it turns out there is something draining the battery...
  12. tinman_72

Picked up a '99 Mountaineer 2WD V8

So.... I bought a beater '99 Mercury Mountaineer. My plan was to use the engine/ECU/transmission in my '73 F-100 and the 31 spline 3.73 Track-Loc rear end in my '93 Ranger. Of course, right after I bought it I discovered the ECU gets the VSS signal from the ABS computer which gets it from the...
  13. tinman_72

Late '90s Explorer as daily driver.

Just wondering how reliable a late 90's Explorer could be. I currently drive a 2011 Escape 2WD V6 and it is pretty nice but I have issues with it that make me want out. First and foremost is the fact that it is front wheel drive. It is the first FWD vehicle I have owned since my first car (1979...
  14. tinman_72

As-cast finish valve covers for SBF?

I have always thought natural aluminum finish (to match non-polished aluminum intake and heads) valve covers would look sweet on a engine. I am in the process of collecting parts for my '71 351W for my '72 F100. As-cast valve covers are all over the internet for Mopar and GM but not Ford. I...
  15. tinman_72

Viewing a thread always goes to last post.

Even if it is multiple pages of a thread I have never viewed. I always have to select the first page and/or scroll to the top to read new threads.
  16. tinman_72

Seeing if employer blocks the new software.

Since I was able to post, it looks like they do not. :)
  17. tinman_72

Strength of Ranger 7.5 vs Ranger 8.8

Years ago I found a 3L73 8.8 from a Ranger at a you-pull-it place, so I grabbed it for my four cylinder Ranger that had 3.45 7.5, mostly for the limited slip. Whenever the topic of fitting a V8 comes up with my friend he says, "Yeah you already have an 8.8!". I always reply that I would want to...
  18. tinman_72

Site is not secure...

... at work. When I open the website at home everything is fine. Try to load it at work using multiple browsers and it does load but I get the 'not secure' notification. I know, your first thought is going to be that the company is trying to block the site. I don't think this is the case because...
  19. tinman_72

TinyPic?

Do it work?
  20. tinman_72

"Ball flange" on Walker exhaust.

Has anybody run Walker exhaust? I bought all four pieces for my '93 2.3 and it looks like a nice OEM setup. The only thing is that the flange where the catalytic converter pipe meets the intermediate pipe doesn't look right to me. The converter end is flared like it should mate to a ball...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad