• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. I'm a Ranger owner again!

Just picked up a nice little 1999 Ranger tonight. After a couple months of looking I found a solid little '99 standard cab with step side bed, 2.5L with auto and 4.10:1 axle. Our daughter just earned her learner's permit which was the driving force for the auto (I love to row the gears). I'm...
  2. gross vehicle weight, Code Y

I'm looking at a 1999 Ranger with 2.5L, auto, step side, Axle code 87. The VIN indicates vehicle weight code Y, which I cannot find in the decoder. So either we misread the plate on the dash or this code is missing from the decoder. Help solvign this wouldbe appreciated. I plan to look again...
  3. 3.0L V-6 weaknesses?

All, I am looking at a 99 Rabger with a failed 3.0L, piston #2 dead according to ad. Since I have only had Rangers with the 2.3L Lima engine I do not know what issues the 3.0L engine may have. This is the second Ranger with a failed 3.0L I have seen advertised. Is this a fluke or is there...
  4. 2001 grill/lights on 1998?

I was unable to find a match using search so I ask: how difficult is it to swap a 2001-2003 headlight grill assy onto a 1998 Ranger? Physically it looks like it should fit but what is required to make the swap work? Wiring, bumper, header support, etc. :icon_welder: Thanks!
  5. Towed from Texas IN GEAR

I am looking at a 2002 Ranger with 2.3NS Duratech & 5-speed manual. Advertised as head damage (no head). After looking it over then calling the owner, he towed it from Texas to Northern Indiana on a dolly behind straight truck/ It would turn over but wouldn't start. Had it towed to a shop...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad