• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. 2.3L ('83-'97) 1985 2.3L Ignition timing issue

What color are the wires going to the SPOUT connector, so I can be sure I'm pulling the right jumper. You Tube shows the SPOUT over by the air cleaner.
  2. 2.3L ('83-'97) 1985 2.3L Ignition timing issue

Engine starts ok, but as soon as I get on the gas and let back off it starts shaking. I checked the timing and found it advanced to around 30°btdc. The timing stays there until the engine warms up. Engine runs great after warming up and timing sets right at 10°btdc at idle. Distributor with all...
  3. Huge clouds of dense white smoke!

New to Fords. I have an 85 ford ranger with the 2.3L engine. I just put in a new long block engine to replace the old one. Upon starting it is blowing white smoke. I figured it was burning anti freeze which was confirmed by the radiator being almost empty after just a couple minutes of running.I...
  4. Hp per lb of boost

Is there a formula for calculating how much horsepower can be expected for each pound of boost? I have a stock 85 ranger with a 5 speed that I'd like to put a turbo on and run 7lbs or less boost. What kind of power increase am I looking at? I think its rated at 85hp right now.
  5. 85 Ranger stuck in reverse

OK, I have an 85 Ranger with a 2.3 and the TK5 5 speed tranny. The shifter was getting really loose, and now it is stuck in reverse. I bought a new shifter assembly, but I need to get the tranny back to Neutral prior to installing it. I have the bottom cover off and need to know where to move...
  6. 85 ranger stuck in reverse

OK, I have an 85 Ranger with a 2.3 and the TK5 5 speed tranny. The shifter was getting really loose, and now it is stuck in reverse. I bought a new shifter assembly, but I need to get the tranny back to Neutral prior to installing it. I have the bottom cover off and need to know where to move...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad