• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. Fabtech Lift ?'s

There is a guy at the hardware store I frequent for work that had a ranger in the past but ending up selling it for a new truck and kept the 3 inch fabtech lift. He says he has the spindles and controls arms. The kit was for a 3.0 and mine is a 4.0, now im pretty sure it makes no difference what...
  2. 98 Ranger Halo Projectors

So I have Spyder's projector headlights with the halos in my 98 and was wondering if anyone knew how many mm's the halos were? I'm looking to replace them with CCFL halos.
  3. no fluid to transmission cooler

So yesterday I disconnected the transmission line on the top driver side of my radiator and to my surprise I didn't see any traces of trans fluid. I stuck a q tip into the trans line and there was no residue of trans fluid on it. Is there some kind of valve that could have gone bad? Or do I need...
  4. 98 4.0 oil pan removal

I Have a couple spots around the oil pan where oil is making its way out so its time for a new gasket. I've heard some people say I have to pull the entire engine out while others say you can just unbolt the motor mounts and lift the engine a little and can remove it, so can I get away with just...
  5. Strange noise after brake change

I changed my brakes about three weeks ago and ever since I have been hearing and feeling this noise that sounds like metal on metal. It does not pull or effect my stopping in any way. At normal driving speeds there is no noise and even when I first apply my brakes there is no noise but the last...
  6. crank but no start!

Yesterday my truck was starting very hard to the point where it would barely turn over but it would start. I parked it in the garage overnight and this morning I installed a new battery and now all the truck does is crank and crank and crank and doesn't even try to start. I bought a new coil...
  7. A/C help!

I live up in northern california and the temperatures are hovering around 100 and driving a half hour to work each way is miserable! About two years ago I bought a can of A/C Pro and my stupid ass put it in the high pressure side as I remember and not too long after that my compressor stopped...
  8. Remote start is in and working!

Finally installed my remote starter and it works like a charm! Now since I live way up North in California and the cold weather is on its way I want my windshield defroster to come on with the remote start. I have an extra heavy gauge accessory wire, anyone have an idea what wire I need to...
  9. Neutral safety wire location?

I have a 98 ranger and I'm installing a remote starter and was wondering what the color of the neutral safety wire is and where it is located. If Anyone has a wiring diagram of this or knows where it is send me some help!
  10. Remote start in 98 ranger

I was wondering if anyone here has installed a remote start in a 98 or like year ranger. I am looking at getting a remote start for my truck and was wondering what would I need to do it? I've heard some people say certain vehicles need relays installed. Is it something i could do myself with...
  11. Anyone have remote start?

I tried using the search button to find out some info about remote starters but no luck, anyone have any experience with remote starters in their rangers? Hope this is posted in the right place, I figured it fit best here.
  12. Whats wrong with my upper control arms!?!

So about three months ago I replaced my upper control arms because the the bushings on the old ones were making a horrendous noise every time I hit any little bump. I replaced them with new ones and new shocks and the sound went away, now three months later im getting the same sound back but not...
  13. Rancho Struts?

So i have a 98 xlt 4.0 v6 and i am replacing my entire front suspension since it has 180k on it and im sure it has never been replaced. I want to get some struts up front that will perform well offroad and the rancho rs5000 seem to be popular. so i found the rs5000 struts on rock auto but it...
  14. Rough running 98 4.0 after tech library intake mod

So I decided to go ahead and try the intake mod in the tech library so you can fit a conical filter on your intake and I noticed that when I was driving my truck it was running rough after the mod but only when I would stay at a constant speed. When accelerating it felt normal and also when...
  15. Rough running engine

Not quite sure how to explain it but whenever i start to slow down or im stopped while in drive my engine starts to run very rough to the point where it shakes my whole truck. When i hit the gas its rough through lower rpms but once i get to higher rpms its not as bad. Also when im in park the...
  16. Backlash?

So im looking at installing a posi traction lok differential in my rangers rear axel to get rid of the one wheel peel and i was wondering if i would have to mess with the backlash or anything else? I know i need to replace the old carrier with the posi trac one but i wasnt sure if i had to mess...
  17. Washer coil spacers for a 98?

So ive seen threads about the washer coil spacer and have been very excited to do it, not remembering that the rangers that i have seen this done to were older rangers than my 98. The older ranger springs seem to come to a tighter coil at the bottoms while mine seem to stay the same width all...
  18. mini spool/ausie locker

Im not sure if I am in the right section to ask this question but here it goes. Im really tired of the "one wheel peel" while playing in the mud. Ive been doing some research on lockers and ive narrowed it down to two which are the most cost effective for me which is either an aussie locker or...
  19. wheel spacers vs. offset wheels

After reading a lot of threads on wheels spacers on this site and other forums i have come to learn that they arent to safe to have on your vehicle and i have seen many people say that instead of using spacers you should use negative offset rims because they wont wear out your bearings. but wont...
  20. Headlights that fit a 98

I have a 98 ford ranger xlt and i was wondering if anyone knew a list of model years of headlights that will fit in my 98? I know there is probably another thread that could answer my question but i havent been able to find it! Any help is much appreciated!

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad