• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. bbbc3

Coolant Leak After Intake Gasket Change?

Hey I just finished installing a new intake manifold gasket. Everything seemed to go together well. After my first long drive in traffic I checked under the hood and I see coolant pooled on top of the intake manifold. The water outlet fitting seems dry as well as the coolant hoses connected to...
  2. bbbc3

Engine is running rough out of nowhere?!

My truck has been running perfectly until I drove it to the airport and was gone 11 days. When I got back it was very hard to start and would not idle without dying. It feels like it is miss firing. Going down the road at a steady rpm it seems like it runs fine. It is very choppy. I adjusted the...
  3. bbbc3

JCR Jeep Comanche Bumper on 1st Gen Ranger

I took on the challenge to modify a Jeep Comanche bumper from JCR Off-road to fit the 1st gen Ranger. This required cutting 2-3/4" out of the Comanche bumper to fit the width of the Ranger. Next I removed the bracket and adding new brackets to attach to the Ranger frame. The new brackets hit...
  4. bbbc3

Vapor Separator Fuel Filter - Return line to tank?

After a lot of research online about my truck sputtering and losing power for 1-3 seconds only on hot days, it seems that vapor lock is the culprit. I found a YouTube video online that describes my exact symptoms and how to resolve it. Short answer, vapor separator fuel filter. See video below...
  5. bbbc3

Four Wheeler's Overland Adventure 2020

I was invited to attend the 2020 Overland Adventure hosted by Four Wheeler last week. I figured you all would like to see some photos that were taken during the event. I have more coverage on Instagram @little_blue_truck
  6. bbbc3

Slipping on manual trans and transfer case?

I just developed a weird slipping effect. When letting off the clutch I feel a slip and then it catches and goes. Almost like a gear tooth slip. It will slip once and drive. I was loading my truck on a trailer and as I drove up the ramps it slipped a few times as it drove up the ramps. could it...
  7. bbbc3

Where to find engine fan replacement?

I’m trying to replace my engine fan because it has cracks and I feel like it could be part of my overheating issues. I can’t seem to find a direct replacement for the 2.8 engine. Anyone know where to find one or know if they are interchangeable with later model rangers?
  8. bbbc3

Speedo gear. Where to buy?

I am looking for the red 21 tooth gear for my ‘85 4x4 ranger speedometer. Is there a part number for this gear? Are they compatible with other fords, i.e. mustangs, older fords?
  9. bbbc3

Dodge 2500 Brake MC doesn’t fit 1st gen?

So I came across a couple of post/videos of early rangers swapping to a 99 dodge 2500 gasser brake master cylinder as an upgrade. It was described as a direct bolt in. These were 90-91 rangers. I bought the Dodge MC and bolted it in but my brake lines are different thread sizes. Are 1st gen...
  10. bbbc3

Dana SVL sent the wrong gear?!

I’m in the middle of installing 4.56 gears in my ranger. I have a Dana 35 from an explorer. I went to rockauto and ordered a ring and pinion for a 94 explorer from Dana SVL. The gear cut is backwards!! How can this be? In the pictures I have the new ring and pinion installed and I’m holding...
  11. bbbc3

Gear Pattern - Would you run this?

I have spent hours trying to get the backlash in range. I am finally there. But the gear pattern seems slightly off. I'm not sure if I should try for slightly better pattern or run this? See photos. The reason I'm asking is because the slightest amount of change makes huge differences. At least...
  12. bbbc3

4.0 clutch and flywheel upgrade for 2.8 Rangers discussion.

Here is my experience with the 4.0 clutch and flywheel upgrade… I recently swapped my 4spd manual for an M5OD on my 2.8l engine. I considered this to be a good time to also upgrade the clutch and flywheel with the popular 4.0 clutch upgrade. Results: Now that I have the new flywheel and clutch...
  13. bbbc3

Transmission mount -M5OD swap

So I just mounted an M5OD to my ‘85 ranger 4x4. I bought a news transmission mount and I can not get it to fit. I have jack up the transmission as far as I can, it pushing into the floor board. There isn’t enough room to get the new mount to fit. Anyone know of a solution?
  14. bbbc3

Flywheel bolts too short?! 4.0 clutch upgrade

I’m starting the 4.0 clutch upgrade on my ‘85 2.8l. While trying to install the new 4.0l flywheel I realize the original flywheel bolts are too short. Only two threads are visible on the mounting side of the flywheel. I can’t seem to find longer flywheel bolts. Has anyone run into this problem?
  15. bbbc3

Crankshaft repair sleeve. Tips/Suggestions?

While removing my rear main seal using the drill hole, insert sheet metal screw method, I gouged my crankshaft where the seal sits. :fie: So it seems my only hope now is a speedi-sleeve. Does anyone have experience with these on the rear crankshaft? Any tips or tricks that I need to know of?
  16. bbbc3

Which M5OD? Please Confirm

I'm currently searching for an M5OD 4x4 for my single cab 85 2.8 Ranger. As I have been researching I see that the best option is the M5OD that was behind any 2.9 ranger. This is a stronger transmission with lower gears 1st-3rd than a 4.0l M5OD. Also it looks like the 2.9 M5OD paired with a 4.0...
  17. bbbc3

Single Cab Ranger Gas Tanks with Doubler

I'm considering the diy BW 1350/1354 since there doesn't seem to be other reliable options from manufactures. It looks like any doubler setup will interfere with the single cab ranger gas tank. Has anyone found a solution around this?
  18. bbbc3

-SOLD- M5OD 4x4

I have a 4x4 M5OD from a ‘89 ranger. It was mounted to a 2.3l. I will sell the transmission alone for $300 or transmission and transfer case for $375. Local pick up only. I live in Tulsa, OK. I’m willing to drive up to an hour to meet. BW 1350 transfer case.
  19. bbbc3

DIY 1350/1354 doubler reviews, results, known issues?

I’ve been seriously considering the 1350/54 doubler build. I have found a thread where a few folks say that the machined shaft between the 1350 and 1354 breaks. Has anyone else had the same experience? Is there any way to insure that this doesn’t happen? I’m sure building a chromoly shaft from...
  20. bbbc3

Rear main seal or transmission leak?

I have a bad oil leak under my truck between the block and bellhousing. My assumption was the rear main seal but when I removed my transmission the seal looks like it is in good shape (engine rebuilt 5 yrs ago). It could possibly be oil pan gasket that curves around my rear seal. So I went...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad