• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. SenorNoob

stuck in 1st after tranny flush

The op last signed in on the day they posted this. It was their only post. It's highly unlikely they'll be back after 14 years.
  2. SenorNoob

Terminal pin size for connectors?

Good luck. Some things are available, but most of them are customized for Ford.
  3. SenorNoob

SenorNoob's '88 Ext Cab "Build"

Picked up a few parts yesterday. Exhaust manifolds. They're from a 96 Explorer. Shouldn't matter except for the EGR hole. Rusty valve covers. Fuel lines and dipstick/tube. A couple other goodies. I pulled the plugs from new engine Sunday. They looked pretty good, even though they are...
  4. SenorNoob

1994 FORD RANGER 2.3 OBD1 TEST INTERFACE QUESTION

Looks like it should be a white with red or purple stripe. Likely connected to pin 48 of the PCM.
  5. SenorNoob

Ideas to make doors close softer/eliminate rattles

Definitely changed at some point then. Mine is a single stud with a plastic bushing. Seems like it would still need some kind of cushioning somewhere.
  6. SenorNoob

Voltage drop AC problems

Depending on the failure, yes it's possible. Though usually they just stop and or blow fuses.
  7. SenorNoob

STRETCHED Throttle Cable zip-tie fix barely changing TPS... sensor NOT easily removed.

It won't. Therein lies your problem. Question is, have you checked the 5v reference? Sounds like you have, but what is it? If you know that have a true 5v from the PCM but less at the TPS then the only real option is to fix the resistive wiring in between. I suppose a 5.1v source could be used...
  8. SenorNoob

Thermal paste

Is there supposed to a picture here? I don't see anything. At any rate, I've never seen a regulator/rectifier that need anything other than a solid and maybe conductive mount.
  9. SenorNoob

Ideas to make doors close softer/eliminate rattles

Pretty sure there should be a bushing on that latch pin too...
  10. SenorNoob

D35 TTB beam angle

I've read that somewhere.. Wish I could find a link for ya. But the idea was that yes the top of the beam should be level at ride height.
  11. SenorNoob

SenorNoob's '88 Ext Cab "Build"

Picked up a replacement engine. Coming from a 94 Aerostar, so far I've noticed that the engine mount plates, passenger side exhaust manifold and valve cover, oil filter adapter, and wiring harness look different. Oh, and the dipstick is destroyed. Anybody know any other differences? Wonder...
  12. SenorNoob

93-B3-stick

In theory, it might flex enough be removable anyway. I wouldn't expect that however.
  13. SenorNoob

What did you do to your Ranger today? (Part Deux!)

Picked up a replacement engine. Coming from a 94 Aerostar, so far I've noticed that the engine mount plates, passenger side exhaust manifold and valve cover, oil filter adapter, and wiring harness look different. Oh, and the dipstick is destroyed. Anybody know any other differences?
  14. SenorNoob

TOTM May 2024 Truck of The Month Voting

I feel like we could line them up for the next few months...
  15. SenorNoob

My New House & Workshop

I was lucky that my place came with one. I've used it plenty.
  16. SenorNoob

1993 Ranger 4.0L V6 Idle Air Control solenoid not working

Sounds like a classic vacuum leak to me, but; if the O2 sensor wiring was melted, it may have blown something in the PCM
  17. SenorNoob

Mudtruggy 1999/1978

I don't think I've ever seen anyone make wheels before. It looks effective.
  18. SenorNoob

1995 4.0 missfire

I'm surprised it took this long for someone to say that. Fairly well known issue. Ford tried to stop people overrevving their automatic trucks in neutral/park.
  19. SenorNoob

1984 Ford Ranger V6 2.8L 4x4 Starter Issue

I'll second that. Starter shims are a Chevy thing... Ford's tolerances are better. Never seen a shim on any Ford.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad