• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. bad case of road walk?

My 93 4wd ranger road walks bad. It needs new shocks up front cause the bottom rubber bushing is gone out of them. Would this be the main cause of the road walk?
  2. removing rear 8.8 axles

I saw in the removing axle seal insert on the Tech library that the pinion shaft needs to be removed to pull the axles. Is this the actual pinion gear (which includes removing the drive shaft) or something else? I am going to be digging in this tommorow some time.
  3. Out with the old and in with the newer (*PICS*)

I picked up a 4wd 93 Ranger with a 4.0,5 Speed,super cab for $400.00. Other than the front end, this truck runs damn good. AC ice cold, cruise works, etc. $100.00 later after I picked up another dana 35 from a 95. This truck should be a nice dependable beater. This truck will probably see...
  4. how to remove frozen front yoke u-joint caps

The caps on my truck and replacement are rusted solid. Ive soaked them in PB blaster but I am still bending my torx #30 bits. I can't get a solid bite with a wrench or socket either. What do you guys do?
  5. removing axle shafts on Dana 35

I'm replacing the third member on a 93 ranger. Can I pull the axle shafts thru the knuckles or do I need to remove the knuckles to pull the shafts out? It looks like the joint assembly is to big to fit thru the knuckles.
  6. All 4.0L rangers 93+ have Dana 35 w/Dana 35 guts(no hybrids)?

I might be pulling the pig out of 96 Ranger to put in my 93 ranger. If I understand correctly, do all 4.0 Rangers have the dana 35 case with dana 35 guts? The axle tag is missing so I just want to make sure. Thanks
  7. Help with possible bad front pinion bearing

I got a stock 1993 4.0 Ranger with 5-speed and auto Tcase. The front drive shaft is loose and will move up and down where it goes into the front axle. When I got it in 4wd, the front end pops a little bit. My questions: 1. Could this hopefully just require a front bearing and seal? 2. Can the...
  8. 93 ranger brake problem stumpted!!!

i just picked up a 93 ranger the other day and it had a bad wheel cylinder. I bled all brakes after the wheel cylinder replacement. But the brakes go all the way to the floor still and don't stop the truck at all. The brake light is on on the dash and the reservoir is full. Would a new...
  9. convert electronic T-case to manual???

I'm new to this forum and to Rangers as well. I got a 1993 Ranger that I'm going to play with in the woods. Right now it has the electronic T-case selector. Can any manual T-case work? What will I have to do to convert it to manual? Can I just use the shifter and linkage or will I have to...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad