• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. Gauges wont work... help

so i just got my ranger back on the road after doing my 4.0l swap... have everything from the explorer dash gauges ext... now none of my gauges such as fuel level... rmp does work but stops working when i turn my lights on? can anyone help? Thanks
  2. 4.0 swap help??

So can I use a automatic cry out of a explorer to do my 4l swap? Or do I need a manual wiring harnnes and each??
  3. Cab removal...

So Thinking when i do my motor and M50D tranny swap if it would just be as simple as pulling the cab and just setting it all in??? Has anyone done this is it as easy as it sounds.... or a nightmare waiting to happen.. Thanks
  4. 19lb injectors. Is it worth it??

Was thinking about doing 19lb injectors in my ranger... Is it worth it.. Is there a difference in power? Wanted to hear some feed back be for I do it Thanks
  5. Tips on performace for the big bad 4.0

Swapping a 4.0 in here pretty soon.. any tips on perfornce for the 4.0.. ive done almost everything to the 2.9. Just dont know much about the 4.0 Thanks
  6. Fuel pump relay??? Mine are both the same color...

So which one is the pump relay?? Mine are both the same color??? Is the one closest to the fire wall it or the second one... If there clicking they are good right? Thanks
  7. weird loss of fuel.. codes help

So my ranger was running cherry for a while then more issues popped up... almost like it's running out of fuel or starving for fuel... wants to cut out while driving no power at times as if it's loosing fuel pressure... ran the codes got code #95 for bad ground to pump or something like that...
  8. 4.0 time have so questions

so I'm gonna be getting started on my swap pretty soon.. 1988 ranger 4x4 any tips I think I have a lot of the info but would love to hear some tips for people who have successfully done the swap.. let me know what u got for me thanks.
  9. lights flickering off and on... PLEASE HELP

Random times my lights flicker on and off... can't figure it out seems like a short somewhere any help would be nice thanks
  10. 2.9 codes! Has anyone had or seen these codes??

Been chasing this problem with my truck bogging out at random times. I figured out its leaning out for some reason... pulled the codes got a miss fire code which expected but the one i cant find online is code #95? and one know more about what this code is... The scanner said "fuel pump open ECA...
  11. 2.9 running super rought at random times... PLEASE HELP

So my 2.9 ranger runs really weird at times... Sounds like its missing on more then one cylinder... back fires has no power whats so ever wont go over 45mph.. then its back to normal lots of power like it should have... then back to no power cant figure it out... changed the TFI new plugs and...
  12. 88 2.9 gonna swap a 94 4.o into?? hav many questions please help!!!!!

So i just bought a 1994 explorer with a blown trans. My 2.9 just isnt cutting it any more to push my 6" lift and 33" with stock gearing... plus the 2.9 is getting tired anyways so instead of spending the money on making the 2.9 push more power i wanted to swap a 4.0... Cant some one please tell...
  13. 2.9l bogging hard wont go more then 45mph

So the other night I was pulling onto the free way was bogging so hard and wouldn't make it passed 45mph in 2nd gear back firing alot... got in it this morning ran super cherry no bogging had all the power the little 2.9 will put out... then a few hours later I drove it to the store and same...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad