• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. duplicate emissions decal

Hi all, I am interested in obtaining a duplicate emissions/vacuum decal, for either 1993 or 1994 Explorer, manual trans, no EGR. Does anyone know where I can get one? Thanks, Hawkeye :beer::icon_thumby:
  2. '88 emissions/vacuum diagram sticker

Hi all, I need a new emissions sticker for my '88 B2. It's the sticker with vacuum diagram etc. on it by the hood latch in engine bay. Mine peeled off and is lost now. For me to pass emissions the tech. has to see it. Where can I get one? Any help sure would be appreciated. Thanks. Have a good...
  3. Clutch fluid reservoir

Hey All, I have a 84 B2. my Clutch fluid reservoir has a cracked cap. The whole cup and the cap are really looking brittle due to age. My guess anything at a bone yard will be the same. Where can I get one? Checker, Autozone, Ebay searches come up empty. Thanks, Hawkeye :thumby:
  4. Shifter seal

Hi all, I have a FM 146 in my 84 BII behind a 2.9L. I need the small rubber boot/seal where the shifter enters the trans. I have searched all over and get nothing. Can you help me out here? Thanks Hawkeye
  5. Plastic piece that engages T-case shift fork

Hi all, Anyone here know where the nylon/plastic piece that rides on the end of the T-case shifter can be found? It looks like the shape of two washers sandwiched to a square nut in between them. This part engages the shift fork on the t-case. Mine is brittle and has shattered the sides off...
  6. Plate the same on Auto and Manual?

Hi all, Wondering if the plate that goes between the block and the bell housing is different for Auto. and Manual? I have a '88 2.9 that I'm working with, doing a FM145 5 speed manual install. I don't have a plate and the starter ate up my flywheel teeth. So... now I'm doing it the right way...
  7. Trouble shifting gears after a rear leaf spring change

Hi all Went to go to school today and couldn't drive my BII. I had done a Rear Leaf change adding springs from a Explorer yesterday. It raised my rear roughly 1.5". Now this morning it struggles to go into each gear grinding slightly on each gear. I have a FM145 installed behind my '88 2.9L...
  8. Lifetime starters from Auto Zone and the 4.0 clutch Upgrade on a 2.9L

Hi all, I performed the 4.0L flywheel and clutch upgrade on My '88 2.9L engine when I built it 4300 miles ago. I also at that time installed a good 5 speed FM145 from a '87 BII. I have now installed three life time starters from Auto Zone on this set up. They keep shucking out the bearing that...
  9. Cracked Exhaust manifold... common problem?

Today I cracked the right (passenger side) exhaust manifold, nearly completely in half. Just behind cylinder three's port, headed to the flange. Is this a common with the 2.9L engine and it's exhaust set up? Hawkeye :thumby:
  10. Best water temp. for the 2.9L

What is the best operating temps. range for the 2.9L? Also, where does the stock gauge read on yours? Hawkeye :icon_thumby:
  11. '84 Lift gate question

Hi all, I am in the middle of getting my BII restoration completed. I have recently looked into my lift gate only to discover no locking function to the handle. In fact no key lock any where in the gate at all. I need help here. How the heck did Ford lock these things? It's a 1984. Can I get a...
  12. G3 alternator?

Hi all, I am interested to know if anyone has ever installed a G3 Alternator into a Bronco II or Ranger with a 2.9 L in it. I have a '88 2.9 installed in my Bronco II and I'm in the middle of doing the Taurus fan mod to mine. I am going to need higher amps to run this setup, hence the interest...
  13. Getting spark when key is released

Hi all, I am trying to finish up wiring up my 2.9 L out of a '88 going into a '84 BII. I don't get spark when turning over the engine. But, when I release the key I'll get an intermitent spark. On certain rotations or attempts I'll get one cylinder ignition even. What is happening here? I have...
  14. Fuel pump relay shutting off right after key on.

Hi all, I am trying to finish wiring up a 2.9 L I put in '84 BII. The 2.9 is from a '88 BII. When I turn on the ignition I hear the ECM relay, and the fuel pump relay. But... the fuel pump relay shuts off after about 2-3 seconds. Any ideas on this? I thought it should stay on. I just installed...
  15. Fuel pump relay acting strange

Hi all, I am trying to finish wiring up a 2.9 L I put in '84 BII. The 2.9 is from a '88 BII. When I turn on the ignition I hear the ECM relay, and the fuel pump relay. But... the fuel pump relay shuts off after about 2-3 seconds. Any ideas on this? I thought it should stay on. I just installed...
  16. Tranny crossmember question

Hi all, I have a 1984 BII that had a 4 speed manual tranny. I am installing a F145 4speed w/OD from a 1987 BII into it. Can I use my old tranny support and move it back on the frame? Or, must I install the newer support that used the external perches? Any info would be very appreciated. Thanks...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad