• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. umpire613

4.6 liter conversion to an 89 ranger

The question is has anyone attempted a 4.6 swap to a ranger? I am actively considering a whole engine- trany swap into our 89 ranger. .. If i do i'll have a nearly new 2.9 liter completed with headers and stainless exhaust with a new 5 speed for sale..
  2. umpire613

Rebuilt mazda locking into 1 gear

Good day all.. I am in the final stages of rebuilding my mazda m50dr1 ( 1989 2.9 ltr 5spd).. catastrophic melt down.. replaced, all bearings, input shaft.. (oil slinger melted to the input shaft very cool) there was NO front bearing.. any way replaced input shaft, 3rd gear, counter shaft, all...
  3. umpire613

manual for mazda m50d-r1

Does anyone know where I can find a good manual for the Mazda m50d-r1, I would like the torque spec's for the shafts and the plates to the cases etc and the procedure for what to pull out etc and the order. if this was online that would be ok. but have followed some leads to finding a manual and...
  4. umpire613

Rebuild Mazda M50D-R1

I have a 1989 ford with a Mazda m50d-r1, My son was driving, said it made a whining sound, then a loud noise, and hung into 2 gears and not able to shift correctly, etc, etc.. The question is are there any special tools I will need to rebuild the unit. ie gear pullers etc. bearing pullers. and...
  5. umpire613

2.9 liter dies

I got one for you my son's truck had been working great!.. then it started to stall.. wait a few minutes and it would start.. sequence of events.. he put some gas in from a station that @ best has terrible gas, and he jumped a lady @ his work that is when it all started. I thought well maybe...
  6. umpire613

Looking for a good place to START

I need a couple of good places to Start.. Just got my 2.9 ltr. all in an buttoned up. Tried to fire it but no luck. not ever a good burp. We started by cycling the key 5-6 time to get the fuel rail and pressure back.. up.. cranked it several time and zip. we had set for tdc with the...
  7. umpire613

No .. oil to heads during pre start

Once again I am in need of some thoughts. I had purchased a 2.9 short block and am rebuilding. all parts are new. new felpro gaskets, new melling oil pump and shaft, new speed pro rockers, lifters and pushrods. I used nothing old.. but the tins. I was doing a preoil on the engine stand, could...
  8. umpire613

Problems removing Harmonic Balancer

Maybe I am not as good as I should be. but man I am struggling to remove a harmonic balancer for my 2.9 lter. I have pulled the engine and stripped eveything else off.. getting ready to load a new short block. So I really need to get the balancer off ,as well as the timing chain cover.. but...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad