• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. Really Bad vibration!!! UPDATE!!

Well i think i may have discovered the problem on my truck. This weekend i was fitting some tire chains on my truck to prepare for a deer hunt this coming weekend. When doing so i noticed one of my tires is not the same size as the other three. I feel kinda dumb not noticing this before but its...
  2. Really Bad vibration!!! UPDATE!!

i also think it has something to do with the wheels as it did change from better to worse back to better after several trips rotating and balancing. wish i had another set of wheels to experiment with, may try using my buddies wheels from his explorer just to see if theres a difference. honestly...
  3. Really Bad vibration!!! UPDATE!!

i agree but after all the parts, money and time ive put into this i dont really know what else to do? ive done just about everything i can think of to find and eliminate this vibration and havent been succesful
  4. Really Bad vibration!!! UPDATE!!

well got my tire fixed and rebalanced. there is a huge improvement but still has some vibration. Think im gonna have to live with it as this truck is over 30 years old. May look into changing ujoints on the front axle next time i do brakes and rotors. May also change ujoints in the driveshafts...
  5. Really Bad vibration!!! UPDATE!!

thank you for the info, well i checked my wheels and theres weight both on inside and inside so im assuming they did dynamic balancing? i did find a nail in my tire last night when i was looking at my wheels so i made an appointment to get tires rechecked and nail removed and repaired.
  6. Really Bad vibration!!! UPDATE!!

so i had the tires rotated and balanced few days ago. Starting to think this vibration is coming from the wheels. Truck seems to vibrate at all speeds now more so at 45mph seems to be smoother at 60 and above. thinking maybe a bad job on the balancing? i did grab hold of the ujoints in the front...
  7. Really Bad vibration!!! UPDATE!!

mine does have the center bearing, replaced it about a year ago. Inspected while I had driveshaft off to reprase. Bearing and u joints all seem good
  8. Really Bad vibration!!! UPDATE!!

well my driveshaft was definately phased incorrectly. I removed, phased and re-installed. Unfortunately didnt fix the vibration. tires got rebalanced this morning. Gonna look into the rear drums next
  9. Driveshaft u joint phasing

Again not sure if this is the correct place for this topic. can someone post a picture of a properly phased driveshaft for an extended cab ranger 4x4 with carrier bearing. I’m pretty sure mine is not phased correctly but I want to make sure that I have it in the correct manner when putting back...
  10. Really Bad vibration!!! UPDATE!!

So been reading several posts and forums from people with similar issues and just learned about driveshaft or ujoint phasing. I crawled underneath my truck and checked out my rear driveshaft. The rear side and the yoke side near the carrier bearing are definitely not lined up with each other...
  11. Really Bad vibration!!! UPDATE!!

auto hubs were replaced with manual hubs *ill try rotaing tires and see if i notice any change, could very well be a tire. ill also inspect driveshaft
  12. Really Bad vibration!!! UPDATE!!

not recently only when i chaged ujoints and carrier bearing last year
  13. Really Bad vibration!!! UPDATE!!

Not sure if i posted this in the wrong area but im looking for any suggestions on a really bad vibration on my truck 1991 Ford Ranger Extended Cab 4.0L 4x4 maual transmission Ive owned this truck almost 30 years now and has developed a really bad vibration at speeds in excess of 65mph. Ive...
  14. 91 ranger dome light

***Solved, it was the diode as suspected thank you ericbphoto for the part number
  15. Wanted In need of 1st generation ranger parts

Looking for some ranger parts for my 89, 90 and 91 rangers -driver side headlight door (black) -passenger tailight -rear bumper (black) -front and rear bumper (chrome) -hood -passenger and driver side fender -bed -4x4 extended cab frame -8.8 rear differential -Ford Explorer grill (preferably...
  16. For Sale 1991 Bucket seats w/ center console & extended cab rails $150

Is shipping available for these to zip code 87552? I could use these
  17. 91 ranger dome light

Ok so I removed the headliner located the diode near the cargo light. I put a test light to the wire going into the diode and im showing power, put the test light after the diode and no power. I removed the diode and wired directly and I have light. only problem without the diode my cargo lamp...
  18. 91 ranger dome light

Thank you sir gonna dig around in there tomorrow when I get the headliner off and look for loose connections. Thank you also for providing that part number I greatly appreciate that
  19. 91 ranger dome light

Hello I have a ford ranger which dome light works fine when doors are ajar. Light sometimes works for a few seconds when the switch is turned on. Cargo light works fine when switch is on. I read on a previous post there is a diode in the wiring from switch to light that I think may be the...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad