• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. enjr44

2008 FX4 Fuel Capacity

The fuel tank capacity is listed as 19.5 gal. What is the actual useable fuel? The warning light comes on at around 16 gal.
  2. enjr44

Rear Brakes

I need an assembly diagram of the rear brakes for a 2008 FX4. All I can locate online is a bunch of unlabeled generic diagrams and pictures that do not have any years attached. I am trying to determine if mine was assembled correctly after a brake job.
  3. enjr44

Key in Ignition Chime

2008 Ranger FX4 The chime that tells you the key was left in the ignition cylinder when you open the driver's door is malfunctioning. 1. It does not chime when you open the door with key in cylinder. 2. It randomly sounds with the key removed and the door open. 3. When it does #2 (hum :D) you...
  4. enjr44

2002 Hoods

Ok, this is driving me completely nuts. What type of/model hood is on my 2002 Ranger XLT, 2WD???? How many different hoods did they make?? And what did they put them on?? Bought the truck new in 01, part of deal was a bug shield. Wanted clear (so I could paint the back side of it). Fast...
  5. enjr44

Tire Pressure Sensor Sys.

Ok, how does this system work? The 08 has the band type sensors. Turn key to run TSP light on, start it and light goes out. Since it is an FX4 with Level II options it rides, well, like a truck. You feel every pebble and seam in the road until you get above say 40 MPH. So I have the tire...
  6. enjr44

Instrument Panel Back Lighting

08 FX4 - Can you get a hand up behind the instrument panel to change a bulb if you remove the big panel (plastic and then steel) under the steering wheel? One burned out bulb and it is driving me nuts. Not nuts enough to pull the cluster.:sad:
  7. enjr44

2008 4.0 sohc

I am just about convinced that my thermostat is stuck open. It is running a lot cooler (according to the gauge) than in the past. Going up a long hill the temp comes up to almost where it used to run, coasting down the same hill the temp drops way down (didn't used to do that). So I am going to...
  8. enjr44

Motorcraft XL-12

In 2008 Ford changed the T-case fluid to this XL-12 stuff which you can only get at Ford. Used to use Mercon ATF. Any one know what the difference is or why. It is the same t-case, right?
  9. enjr44

2003 Ford Focus ZX3 STEEDA

What is this thing?? All the Ford emblems have bee removed and replaced the STEEDA emblems. On the outside, inside and under the hood. My son-in-law bought it for his 16 year old daughter; but, is having second thoughts. He asked me what I thought and I took it for a drive. Man, that is the...
  10. enjr44

Tech Question, 2008 FX4

2008 FX4 with the Torsen differential. I am confused about changing the differential lubricant?? I know that the FX4 calls for XY-75W140-QL, WSL-M2C192-A, and SAE 75W-140 Synthetic Rear Axle Lubricant (which is different than the “other” 08 Rangers. Now the confusion, this chart also calls for...
  11. enjr44

High Brake Light Question

The late model XLTs have a three light high brake assembly. Others have a single light (no cargo lights). Do all trucks have the same wiring harness l so you could swap in a three light assembly??
  12. enjr44

Key Fobs = Weird

02 XLT..... Went to unlock truck. Fob did not work (was working this morning). Got spare out, it did not work either. Decided to reprogram fobs. Cycled key eight times, went into program mode as expected. The spare fob programmed, the one I use all the time did not. Changed batteries in both...
  13. enjr44

Need Schooling on TPM System

2008 4X4 Tire Pressure Monitoring System. I googled this and I got all sorts of information and most of it was conflicting. So I would like to know how this system works on a Ranger. I am guessing it is a band type system? Does it monitor the spare? If you rotate the tires do you have to...
  14. enjr44

Started - - Died

02 Ranger 4.0, Auto, 2wd, 93K. Back ground. Truck as set for about a week. Put key in and went to run. Let the key set there for about 5 seconds while I check instrument lights. Then turned the key to start and engine started on first hit like normal. And then... The engine went to 1500 rpm as...
  15. enjr44

2008 FX4 Level ?? Ranger

2008 FX4 Level ?? Ranger I’ve been thinking about posting this for a while; but, didn’t want to sound totally dumb. But, I decided to go for it. What the heck, the only person I need to empress is my wife and after 30 years that is pretty much off the table. I searched this and other forums and...
  16. enjr44

Ranger Bed Cap/Camper Shell

Ranger Bed Cap/Camper Shell I am going to sell the fiberglass Shell I have on my 02, 4 door, regular short bed. And, before I put it on Craigslist I would like to know which year Rangers it will fit. Pretty sure it will fit 93 and later?? What about the years 83 through 92. I have read...
  17. enjr44

SOHC Throttle Body Shield

I posted this in parts wanted; but, decided what the heck, I'll give it a try here just in case. I need the throttle body shield for a SOHC 4 liter . It is that plastic cover on top of the throttle body that says 4.0L. Took it in for maintenance some time ago and it didn't come back with it. Of...
  18. enjr44

How do you remove

The storage tray. The short one in front of the console. I looked and tugged and all that, but, I can't find any fasteners to remove to get it off. 2008 FX4. Any help will be appreciated, Ed
  19. enjr44

Bed Size

Quick question before I buy the wrong cover. :dunno: Is the bed on a single cab short bed and the bed on a X-cab the same size?? Thanks, Ed
  20. enjr44

Which Sensor

Which is which? 02 Ranger, 4.0L. I know there are two coolant/engine temperature sensors on this set up. One is for the gauge and one for the computer. They sit side by side and are both two wire sensors. One (on the left) has a gray connector and the other is a sort of orange-brown color...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad