• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. RonSerling

System leak !!!!!

A good day Ranger Fans !!! Well I have a 93 Ranger that has pretty much been a long term project and when ever I have had issues with it I was always able to get some great advice and answers here at the Ranger Station Forums. So now the mechanical issues have been pretty nicely ironed out and...
  2. RonSerling

Stripped head bolt hole !!!

Good afternoon all !!!! I have a 4.0 engine block that one of the cylinder head bolt holes is stripped out !! I have never run into this problem here at the shop but here it is and my buddy wants to know if it can be repaired. I know I have a M12x1.75 set of helicoils but I am not sure if I can...
  3. RonSerling

4.0 spark knock issue

Good afternoon all, A good friend of mine has a Ranger with a 4.0 in it that has an issue. He took the motor out of it at about 225K miles and went thru it. He tore it down and took it to one of the more reputable machine shops where they did a total rebuild on all of the parts. Boiled block...
  4. RonSerling

A/C Question

Good Morning, I am working on my 93 Ranger's air conditioning. I recently purchased all new parts for the system, everything !!! On the dryer I have a fitting for my R134a charging system but on the high side line there is not a fitting for it. There is a port with a cap on it there and I...
  5. RonSerling

93 Ranger engine swap with a different year engine !!!

Good day All, I have a 93 Ranger 4.0 4X4 with 780K miles on it. It has been a great truck but as time goes on the engine has gotten quite tired out. I am looking at replacing it and a friend has a 99 that got t-boned but the engine in it is in great shape with only 98K miles on it and runs well...
  6. RonSerling

1993 TTB replacement options

Good Morning Everyone, I have a 93 4.0 Ranger to which I have done a lot of work on and I am looking for some options to replace the TTB in the front now. I have done the conversion to late model 93 Bronco D44 knuckles, spindles, stubs, U-joints along with Warn Locking Hubs. Truth is here I have...
  7. RonSerling

Re-asking a question from a different angle

Ok I asked before is it possible to remove the oil pan from a 93 Ranger 4.0 without removing the engine. I was told no so I can accept that answer. So now I am looking at it from a different angle and hope maybe this can be done. So here is the question. Is it possible to raise the motor enough...
  8. RonSerling

1999 Ranger 4.0 starting issue

I have a 99 Ranger 4.0 with an automatic in it. The issue here is everything has power to it but the truck will not crank and start. I have checked all the fuses and relays and tested them thoroughly. I checked the inertia switch and it was good. This is my sons truck so he tells me the one...
  9. RonSerling

93 Ranger 4.0 4X4 Oil Pan Question

Hi All, A quik question here !! I have a 93 Ranger 4X4 4.0 which I have done a ton of work on. I built a brand new 4.0 for it last year and it runs great but the issue I have with it is when I first built the new motor it had some lifter chatter from high idle to about 2000 rpm. I decided to...
  10. RonSerling

BW 1350 Speedometer regearing

I have an issue with my 93 Ranger. It is a 4.0 with a M5OD and a BW 1350 transfer case. So I regeared the axles with 4.56 gears and I knew this was going to throw my speedometer into chaos. So I disconnected the speed sensor on the speedo cable so it would go 75 mph without shutting the engine...
  11. RonSerling

99 Ranger with throttle control issues !!

Good day all, I have a 99 Ranger 4.0 with a 5spd manual that is giving me issues. First of all the issue is that when you start it up it has a terrible idle and then when you open the throttle it stutters a bit before starting to rev up. When you let off the throttle it comes back down and...
  12. RonSerling

Off Idle Issue

Good day all, I have a 99 Ranger 4.0 with a issue I am looking to get some advice on. It seems as we had an vacuum leak issue which we found and repaired the other day. It was idling around 1200 and would not settle down. As I said we found the issue and repaired it but now there is a new...
  13. RonSerling

Governor on a Ranger

Hi All, This may sound a bit strange but I have to ask as this issue is makin me looney !!! I have a 93 Ranger 4.0 4X4. I have done a lot of mods to it as everything from the front grill to the back axle is either new or been rebuilt and modified. My axles have lockers in them with 4.56 gears...
  14. RonSerling

Fuel pump issue

Ok here is a stupid question. I know I am gonna be told to sit in the corner for this one. On my 99 Ranger 4.0 I am having a fuel issue !! My question is if I disconnect the fuel line where it connects to the fuel log on the intake and turn the key on should I not see a flow of fuel ??? I...
  15. RonSerling

DPFE issue

Ok I posted a question about cats on my 1999 Ranger 4.0 a while ago and got some great help. Now I have a question relating to the muffler as we replaced the cats and we are still experiencing the same problem. As I said we replaced all the cats on it but it still has a lot of back pressure and...
  16. RonSerling

Replacement Cats on a 1999 Ranger 4.0

Ok here is the issue !! I have a 99 Ranger 4.0 and when I got it from this hack it had a ton of issues. One was that the rear cat was plugged and I have replaced it. Now I am getting an issue from the front ones in the "Y" pipe and in doing research I have found (A) there is only one aftermarket...
  17. RonSerling

Vibration !!!!!!!

Hi All !! I have a 93 Ranger 4X4 and it has been extremely gone thru over the past couple years. Brand new 95 4.0 engine and the suspension has a lift with the TTB being completely modified withe 96 Bronco spindles and braking system. I also got a M5ODR1-HD out of a 2001 and put it in there. I...
  18. RonSerling

1993 Ranger 4.0 Idle Issue

Good Morning, I have a 1993 Ranger with a 4.0 in it that I am having an issue with. First thing so you know this is a brand new long block with all the other items needed taken from the old engine. When I start it up and it is cold it runs great as it idles at about 800 rpm and has all the...
  19. RonSerling

Cylinder head casting numbers

Can anyone tell me where to locate the casting numbers on 4.0 heads ??? Thanks
  20. RonSerling

Identifying a block

Hey I was looking thru the forums and tech pages but couldn't find what I think is a pretty easy answer. I know how to identify cylinder head castings and the numbers for them but what I need to know is the engine block casting numbers for the 4.0's and where are they located. Im asking as I...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad