• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. Monzilla

Drop i-beams question

My rear axle has always been a smaller track width that the front. After I installed the 88 drop beams, the front was very close to the rear. Within 1inch. They are the welded beam style. 1988 spindles with 89 rotors and calipers. Unless these have been modified. (They did a real good job)
  2. Monzilla

Drop i-beams question

I agree with Jughead. I installed early drop beams and spindles in my 89. I saved like 40lbs per side. Got way more adjustment with the slug in the spindle vs. with the slug in the beam. And it was approx 2" skinnier track width in the front.
  3. Monzilla

SOHC Exhaust Manifolds

Has anyone installed SOHC 4.0L exhaust manifolds on OHV heads? Does the bolt pattern and port configuration match? Just a random thought.
  4. Monzilla

Drop Beam Problems

Problems solved. Installed longer sway bar links. Cut 1/4" off each side of adjuster sleeve and 1" of tie-rod ends. Thanks agian.
  5. Monzilla

Drop Beam Problems

I have a 89 2WD Ranger chassis with 83-88 drop beams and knuckles, 3" drop spring and shocks for circle track racing. I just finished my 6" drop in the front. I have 2 major problems. 1 - My tie-rods are laying up against my sway bar. Seriously touching. Are there 2-3" longer sway bar links...
  6. Monzilla

how to lower i beams

I had gotten 3" with springs alone.
  7. Monzilla

Rebirth of Ranger Asphalt Racing

After the spectacular rollover, I cut, shortened, lowered and widened.
  8. Monzilla

Milled 4.0L X heads

Im building a 4.0L X engine. 1994 short block with small OEM dish pistons. 1996 heads with small combustion chambers. I have non adjustable rockers. Comp cams custom grind with about .550" lift at vavle. I need to cut about .030" off the heads. If I cut the heads, I need to space the rockers...
  9. Monzilla

drop spindles for rangers?

I dont think anyone makes spindles. If anyone finds out, let me know.
  10. Monzilla

dropping a ranger? Help

Im confused. Is that a cast iron beam with a mild steel bracket welded to it? Im not saying thats impossible. Welding cast iron alone takes a hot arc welder and some big dollar nickle rod. And pre-heating the iron along with slow cooldown.
  11. Monzilla

dropping a ranger? Help

I think flipping the I-beams will raise it. Never heard of that before. I got over 6" of drop with drop beams and coils. There are a few posts on here with bagged Ranger I-beam suspension. Installing pads/brackets and bags.
  12. Monzilla

Hybrid Ranger MustangII/Pinto

I cant clip the front end. They dont allow frame modifications. I was more looking at weld on brackets and bolt on components. All of the I beam mounts have the rivets in them. They come off easy. Now how about the steering rack. Manual Pinto style sits far lower. You'd almost need a steering...
  13. Monzilla

Hybrid Ranger MustangII/Pinto

Hey everyone. If you remember me, I race the Ranger on asphalt circle track. Ive been reading about other race tracks that let the Ranger Mini-stock (4cyl) trucks change front suspension and steering to old school MustangII or Pinto style. They were coil spring, control arm and rack and pinion...
  14. Monzilla

Chassis Tech Drop Beams

The rules state stock. Only stock. Cast look close to stock. Closer than fabricated round or square tubing. I think they wouldnt notice unless they actually looked for the FORD emblem.
  15. Monzilla

Chassis Tech Drop Beams

I want to purchase some of the Chassis Tech drop beams that are listed in the tech library. I am in real need of the cast style ones because I race in a stock class. The appearence factor is HUGE! Anywho, I cant find these listed through any company to purchase. Are they obsolete? Not in...
  16. Monzilla

4.0 Rev Limiter

I race asphalt circle track with a 89 Ranger powered by a 96 Explorer 4.0L. I recently changed my differential gear to a 4.56 and now the engine hits the rev limiter. This gear works wonders out of the corner and I dont want to change back. I need to know what if any programer or chip will...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad