• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. DRanger024

‘94 4x4 Swap/Build

Progress has slowed down to a crawl. I can’t shake the thought of selling the truck or parting it out and finding a 1st gen Explorer. I started having an idle issue where the truck will randomly shut off but only at idle and only when it’s hot. It immediately fires back up. I don’t trust it...
  2. DRanger024

Anyone do Genealogy / Ancestry?

My wife started in on hers on Ancestry.com and got curious about my side. She traced my dads side back to the Mayflower and beyond all the way back to the early 1500's in England (grandpa), Germany and France (grandma). I also have a couple presidents in my family tree (found this out before...
  3. DRanger024

99 SAS + TDI build questions and help

I dont know that its really possible nor is it safe to put 3,000 lbs on the back of any Ranger with or without a flat bed and "gusseting" the frame. They were never designed for that and on top of being stamped out of regular old 11 gauge steel, the frame under your truck is two pieces. I didnt...
  4. DRanger024

‘94 4x4 Swap/Build

Winch is mounted. Ordered a cheap universal winch plate and made it work
  5. DRanger024

‘94 4x4 Swap/Build

There you go, a ‘94 cab on a ‘90 frame.
  6. DRanger024

Uh oh? Part on drain plug magnet.

Any time!
  7. DRanger024

‘94 4x4 Swap/Build

I don’t think I can afford to break anymore teeth at the moment so I just don’t go that way!
  8. DRanger024

‘94 4x4 Swap/Build

Frame is sectioned. I need to pull the bed off of my truck and measure the distance between the front and middle bed mounting holes. I’d measure the box but I don’t trust it. Once I have that dimension, I’ll cut the 6” off the back of the frame rails. So far, every bolt I’ve hit with the impact...
  9. DRanger024

‘94 4x4 Swap/Build

Parts are starting to come in..
  10. DRanger024

TRS Event TRS 25th Anniversary Fall Adventure - Land Between The Lakes - September 5th – 8th, 2024

Does anyone have contact with any of the guys that ran Turkey Bay a lot back in the early 2010’s? RangerSVT and 86 slo-vo’s crew.
  11. DRanger024

What did you do to your Ranger today? (Part Deux!)

I’d say great job. It looks really nice.
  12. DRanger024

‘94 4x4 Swap/Build

Got the “new” frame in the garage today and started cleaning brackets off. Looks like I need to fix the front cab mount brackets below the core support. I see they’re pretty rotten now that I peeled the bushings off. Got the rear most cab mount brackets cut off tonight and started looking at...
  13. DRanger024

Weird lever

With that being said, I cleaned the broken glass and dirt off of the vin tag and this truck is actually a ‘90.
  14. DRanger024

Weird lever

Not much to the bracket. The fuse panel in my ‘94 has the screw holes that would hold it to said bracket and it’s just screwed through the bottom lip of the dash. As long as there’s enough slack in the wiring harness, there’s no reason you shouldn’t be able to add it to a truck without it.
  15. DRanger024

Weird lever

Was there a mid year change in ‘92? I’ve never seen it in a ‘93 either. Maybe Ford ran out of parts for that style fuse panel before ‘93 and already had the new dash design for ‘95 in the works.
  16. DRanger024

‘94 4x4 Swap/Build

I know it. I’m thankful for it lol.
  17. DRanger024

‘94 4x4 Swap/Build

Made some progress on the frame donor. Pretty uneventful progress too. All that’s left to remove really is the rear bumper and the power steering gear. I’ll pressure wash it when the weather gets a little more stable. We’ve had abnormally warm temps like everyone else but we usually get a big...
  18. DRanger024

Weird lever

I still have to pull the dash but I suppose for the time being, I can check fuse locations between the ‘89 and my ‘94. If a guy was ambitious enough, he could probably re-pin the fuse panel to work in a newer truck. Edit: I’m dumb. Just use the bracket if possible. I’ll pull the dash out...
  19. DRanger024

Weird lever

Sure enough..
  20. DRanger024

Weird lever

Mine doesn’t have it either. Wonder if it’s the same box.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad