• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. cp2295

5.0 swap, m5r2 transmission, clutch issues.

Hey everyone. Got a 99 ranger i'm swapping an explorer 5.0 into. I have a 97 m5r2 out of a v6 f150. I used a 95 f150 5.0 flywheel and clutch kit. Drilled the trans bellhousing bolt holes to 7/16" and put everything together and the clutch pedal is hard as rock. Obviously something is unhappy but...
  2. cp2295

Did you end up selling those headers?

Did you end up selling those headers?
  3. cp2295

5.0 swap with m5r2

Got a 99 ranger 4x4 I'm swapping an explorer 5.0 into. I got a 4.2 m5r2. My question is pertaining to the bellhousing spacer plate. Is it the same for manual and auto transmissions as far as starter alignment? Also I'm using a 95 f150 5.0 clutch flywheel and starter, sound correct?
  4. cp2295

1354 doubler center shaft

Just curious if anyone has a good company they'd use to make a shaft that'll connect the two boxes. I bought a doubler box from behemoth drivetrain last year (11 months ago) and have gotten completely screwed on the deal. Pretty much threw that money away. so anyways I'm looking to make my...
  5. cp2295

What headers to use with aftermarket heads?

Hey guys i got a 97 explorer that I'm going to swap the drivetrain from into my 99 4x4 ranger. I was thinking of getting these heads before i swapped it in...
  6. cp2295

Will any 302 accept explorer engine mount brackets?

Hey everyone, i want to do a 5.0 swap at some point soon in my 99 and there's an 01 mountaineer at the local junkyard i can pick some stuff off of. I don't really have any desire to pull a motor at the junkyard nor do i have the space at the house right now. However being a 99 i do have a...
  7. cp2295

Engine Compatibility

You should be fine doing both things. That block off plate actually has a deal that drives the oil pump so just make sure it engages the oil pump and you should be fine. Use the long block you got and swap your manifolds/sensors on
  8. cp2295

Stumbling 4.0

Just a thought, you are sure you resoldered the wires in the correct spot? I had a 96 explorer that I melted the wires that go over the bellhousing (O2 sensors, vss, reverse lights) and it kept popping fuses. Well it was a POS me and my buddies were trying to blow up so instead of fixing it...
  9. cp2295

OEM used timing chain vs aftermarket

Well I pulled the motor that has been in my truck that has 25k on the rebuild, (burns oil-dumb 17 year old me rebuilt it 7 years ago). It had a cloyes timing set so I figured I would reuse it and look what I found upon removal. So I guess proceed with caution if you buy cloyes. Looks like the...
  10. cp2295

Bearing clearances

Machinist said they were 0.010" undersized, are you saying I should install .015" undersize instead? I didn't even know they sold half sizes
  11. cp2295

Bearing clearances

Nobody has any input?
  12. cp2295

Stumbles under full throttle

A junkyard MAF sensor cured it, happy it was easy to diagnose and fix!
  13. cp2295

Those all checked out good, I unplugged the MAF sensor and the truck runs great. Thinking I'm gonna goto the junkyard and snag a few sensors. I cleaned the MAF so I'm wondering if I screwed it up by doing that
  14. cp2295

Hey everyone, got my brother's 94 2.3 ranger that I just did a bunch of work on. I did a timing belt, plugs, wires, air and fuel filter, water pump, thermostat etc. It developed a new issue where it stumbles when you snap the throttle in neutral, and completely bogs down when you floor it...
  15. cp2295

91 Ranger 4.0 Lifter Tick

It is more than likely your pushrods and rockers are all galled to hell. I would pull the valve covers and then the rocker shafts and inspect them before replacing the lifters. OEM lifters are the only way to go and they are not sold anymore I don't think. The only aftermarket ones I'd consider...
  16. cp2295

Bearing clearances

Got a 4.0 pushrod engine I'm rebuilding. Just curious if .002" clearance on the rods is a good reading? I'm using plastigauge so can only get a decently accurate reading but all 6 were consistently .002" according to the plastigauge. Crank spins smooth fully assembled, rods have side to side...
  17. cp2295

Fair enough thanks.
  18. cp2295

That is exactly my point. Thanks for the simple answer. Another thing I'm curious on is if there is an aftermarket camshaft synchronizer that is worth installing or if motorcraft is the only way to go. Around $200 with shipping and tax from rockauto. If I can get away with a reputable...
  19. cp2295

Okay I guess my real question was is Cloyes trustworthy and reliable. A new OEM chain is $30 but a tensioner is $300. Cloyes whole kit with everything is like $60 just wanted to make sure I'm not gonna "get what I paid for" sort of deal.
  20. cp2295

So maybe a cloyes chain and sprockets and reuse the oem tensioner or just new cloyes everything? And yes bare minimum I was going to hone and slap new rings in. Probably will just get new standard pistons and hone it. The rod bearings are $50 for all 6 pairs ford oem. $45 for sealed power on...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad