• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. dumb question: evap canister hoses

My ranger (97 2.3) has always occasionally thrown an evap code I just lived with but after some hvac problems and lean codes from a vacuum leak I'm just overhauling the whole evap and egr system and replacing all the vacuum lines forward of the firewall. So the canister has 4 ports: 2 are about...
  2. how hot is the egr supposed to get?

Chasing down vacuum leaks I found my egr has been getting zero vacuum for who knows how long. I replaced the solenoid and vacuum line going to it and the egr and now get up to maybe 3in hg under heavy engine vacuum briefly. I'm not sure if that's enough vacuum or my egr is working as it never...
  3. 2.3L ('83-'97) vacuum line size

Does anyone know what size vacuum lines are used for the HVAC controls? Basically the red and green thet go from the intake manifold/egr-->egr solenoid and vacuum resovior--> firewall--> mode actuator/controls. I read that the vacuum resovior/canister uses two different sized hoses...
  4. 2.3L ('83-'97) Let me pick your brain with a vacuum leak/AC issue

Does anyone have a wiring and vacuum diagram for hvac? Cliffs through post 4, CLIFFS air sometimes only blows through defrost vents a.c went from working to working intermidently to not working at all when the ac would come on just before it stopped coming on at all, low side pressure would...
  5. Where to get accellerator cable?

Mine snapped. It's discontinued by ford. O'reilly, autozone, advanced, and napa can't get one. Can't find one on ebay. None on rockauto or summit. Anyone know where I can get a new one? If I end up going to the junk yard, does anyone know what years/engines will work? Truck is a 97 2.3
  6. Tune up = worse gas mileage, wtf

Ok so basically last weekend I did a bunch of stuff to my truck and went from getting 21mpg to 17.5. I replaced the wires with motocraft wires and the plugs with autolite iridium XP's. The old plugs should have been replaced a long time ago. The gap for most of them was between .090" and...
  7. Things to do while replacing the timing belt

Gonna do the timing belt (and tensioner) this weekend... have new plugs, wires, water pump, and thermostat. Will also probably replace the valve cover gasket (leaking). Any other things I should do while i have it apart?
  8. Have a sputtering/bogging under load problem

Okay it started yesterday morning when I got in my truck. I started it up and it immediately died. I start it again and it starts up just fine. I pull out in to traffic and accelerate at probably 3/4 throttle and get a bad sputtering. I played around to see when it does it and it was only at 3/4...
  9. steering wheel tilt

So I just took apart the instrument panel (as well as the trim around the steering wheel and the metal plate under the steering column) and now the steering wheel verticle adjustement is stuck. I can pull the lever a little bit but there is no adjustement. Anyone know what the problem could be?
  10. Valve cover gasket

Mines leaking, has anyone replaced one? I know the egr tube interferes with the valve cover coming off... does that just unbolt or is it a bitch to get out of the way?
  11. Clutch advice

So the throwout bearing in my truck is making a lot of noise so I figure I will go ahead and replace the clutch and slave as my truck has 150k. I'm looking at the clutch kit and slave below. Sound good? Is there anythingelse I need...
  12. Ugh- heater core

Anyone know what all is involved in replacing the heater core? It looks like it is going to be a royal pain in the ass.
  13. Anyone have a scangauge?

I'm curious about how to get the best gas mileage out of my truck. I usually get up to speed slowly and try to keep it between 1600-2400 rpm. I've read that it is better to accelerate to speed quickly than slowly get up to speed (shifting same rpm's), and that you often use less gas at lower...
  14. Transmission fluid

Does anyone know if I can use Honda ATF in my manual transmission? I've got a bunch of it in unmarked jugs. I went to walmart and the mercon ATF said it works in hondas, so it should be good, right?
  15. Parking brake pedal assembly

Anyone know how to remove it on a 97 ranger.? I need to drill a hole in the floor and the pedal is in the way. It doesn't look like it simply unbolts.
  16. Removing the compressor clutch

Has anyone done it? I'm trying to figure out what type of tool/puller I need.
  17. Codes

I just bought a truck (97 2.3) that is throwing the codes P0340 and P1131. The truck runs great, it doesn't appear to be missing or running rough. I've done a lot of searching and it seems that other than the CMP, the P0340 could the alternator or possibly a timing issue. I haven't found much on...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad