• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. Beanmachine7000

Looking to buy my first full-size...

The ranger is officially commissioned to trash duty only now that she's at 205k miles. I'm in search of a diesel truck now. I'm looking at a '98 24v Dodge 2500, '00 F-350, and an '04 & '05 F-350s... It will mostly be a DD, but I plan on finding a fixer upper boat (28-32' range) this winter to...
  2. Beanmachine7000

how to make a 4 banger faster?

How does it depend on your "...views of power, engine efficiency, vehicle speeds, etc." If it won't work?
  3. Beanmachine7000

This is a joke... I hope? Ridiculously overpriced oil, regular maintenance items, and a set of rims? Please be joking...
  4. Beanmachine7000

Had my first stuck...

And second 2 days later... In the company truck... Our gas/water department has sewer lift pumps that are often down an "unimproved road", and we have to drive down there to read the electric meter, hence our trucks are all 4wd (so I thought)... Now, I normally drive the Ranger (we have 3 Chevy...
  5. Beanmachine7000

It's a truck... That weighs 3500# and has a 4-cylinder engine... That and fast really don't belong in the same sentence... OTOH if you have tons of money to throw at it and don't care that you will spend that ton of money and still not get the results you like, and you're truck will be terrible...
  6. Beanmachine7000

I'm back, and in need of a new rig...

Well, I've been away for awhile finishing up school and working a new job... The old Explorer I had a while back that was converted to 4wd sat around with no use and being that I had no time to use it I got rid of it... Well, 2 weeks ago my DD 2000 Ranger gets t-boned and with 200k+ miles on...
  7. Beanmachine7000

New guy needs help with fuel mileage too.

20mpg seems about right for a Lima... It's a 100 some-odd horsepower engine in a 2 ton brick... It's not going to get great gas mileage... My 2000 2.5L Ranger gets about 20mpg... On the highway it might shoot up to 22-24... That's rolling right along at 70 too... Just like every other RBV I've...
  8. Beanmachine7000

Help me decide on new truck...

Ok, so I have the choice right now between two new (old) trucks that I can get... 1.) 1985 K-5 Blazer 6.2 diesel auto 92k miles 2.) 1978 Bronco 351M (rebuilt 20k miles ago) 4-speed Both are equal right now... I'm not looking for someone to come up and say "get this", I want to know why you...
  9. Beanmachine7000

Valve knock?

99% sure it is detonation... Low RPM's/high load, usually means detonation, doesn't matter if it just started it or not... You might have gotten a bad batch of gas or some excess carbon build up... DOWNSHIFT ;) Run a can of Seafoam through it if you feel like you need to do something about it...
  10. Beanmachine7000

Valve knock?

Sounds like detonation... Downshift...
  11. Beanmachine7000

96 LT1 Camaro

Alright, so I am supposed to sell my Camaro today... I go start it up (been sitting about a week)... Runs fine (takes a while to start), once warm and out of open loop, it starts missing and running like crap (seems to me that it's not getting fuel), dies... Won't start again unless I mash the...
  12. Beanmachine7000

Remember the GMC Syclone? I want to build a Ranger version.

I've had the itching to drop a 4.6L DOHC, 5-speed, AWD t-case into a 98+ 4x4 Ranger and link the rear and throw coilovers at all 4 corners...
  13. Beanmachine7000

Any bike nuts out there?

So, I'm thinking about getting me a bike, but I don't know too much about road bikes (I've been into motocross all my life)... I'm looking for something less than $1,000, maybe a fixer upper... Something I could hop up and make quick, just something to keep me busy... Something like this...
  14. Beanmachine7000

Building a shop, need help choosing gear...

Ok, we're building a shop (30'x40'x12' 2 bay garage) and are installing a 2 post lift in one bay, along with some type of air system... Now, I've never shopped for a lift, and was wondering where is the best place to get one and what kind would be best? From what I've read an overhead 9,000lb, 2...
  15. Beanmachine7000

Need more power!!!

I have a 2000 Ranger with the even more gutless 2.5, and it's plenty of power... It's a truck, not a racecar...
  16. Beanmachine7000

I thought this was an interesting read...

I like the idea of skinny tires anyway (can fit a taller tire easier if it's skinnier), then I found this and he puts alot of good science behind it... http://www.expeditionswest.com/research/white_papers/tire_selection_rev1.html
  17. Beanmachine7000

Gas tank and mpg questions, new to me used 2006, bear with me.

Yea, ethanol isn't compensated for, ever... Open loop is only used during the first moments of start-up and WOT...
  18. Beanmachine7000

so what do you guys know about the h233b?

What about the front? You need to match up to the 6 lug pattern of the rear... I think you can get a 4.90 ration, which would match up with a 4.88 front, and I think a 4.1 maybe, there's not much choice I believe...
  19. Beanmachine7000

so what do you guys know about the h233b?

No personal experience, but I do know it's a beefy axle, not so sure about the parts availability... I wouldn't do it, just because it would be alot easier to find something else...
  20. Beanmachine7000

Safari Pacific MX2 Build

Pretty sure those KM2's aren't 31's...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad